Author Topic: Is height important?  (Read 61697 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Is height important?
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2008, 11:03:59 AM »
5ft11 here myself, though I guess I could technically say i'm 6ft0 since i'm close enough. As long as the girls not a midget, that's all fine and dandy, tall women are fine but if I'm shorter than them, that just doesn't look very manly unless I grow a moustache or something

I had a girl who wanted to date me  but she was 4ft 10 and i am 6ft 2 1/2 so it was  the hight difference was to much

Yes... I had that same height discrepancy when I was first dating as well.  She was 5 ft. and I'm 6'4".   But my current wife is 5.'4" which seems fine.  But I look at my pictures with her family and I look like a freak.  :)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2008, 11:19:44 AM »
Women (generally) hate little men. Thank G-d I'm 5'11". :)

I beg to differ...
Most of my friends range from 5'11 and up, with the exception of two.. and those two get the girls. The rest of us are chop liver!

Jack Nicholson was 5,9.5 in his prime and his been with over 2000 women.   Not that i approve of that lifestyle.. Anyway, any dingbat who thinks being 5,11 makes him such a stud is a hollow brained person.  Personally, this whole thing about needing a 6ft man by their side is flesh worship; so shallow.  I thank G-d for being 5,9, because I would hate a woman to just love me for my height and use me as a just some brainless caveman to show to her friends, so she can look good in heels.  How shallow is that?  Another thing is, I have grown a long beard and now my sight is detestable to most American women, especially Jewish women.  Isn't it sad that my own Jewish sisters hate me for following Torah, yet some gentile women will think I am unique and interesting?  Many in my family wish to disown me for not looking like a gentile, they say I ought go buy an oxcart and move to a russian village.  Personally, I wish more Jewish men would follow Torah, grow their beards, wear Jewish clothing and stop trying to impress western women with G-dless ways of lie.  Most Jewish men dont grow beard today, just for fear of not looking sexy

Anyhow, a spiritual relationship and people who have good personalities is most important, that is what leads to a long relationship and good family.  People who say they need children who are over 6 ft so they can play sports; that is another boneheaded useless reason for a marriage.  Anyhow 60% divorce rate speaks for itself.   People are superficial..  They say tall people make it better in life, but as far as I can see, many short people seem to have made quite an impact on history.

I'm not sure about that, I don't grow a beard because it is itchy and difficult to take care of. Most of the women I have met don't really care about looks but moreso about personality. I think it's more hygeine related than anything, it's kind of like the moustache, people and style change but moustaches were big in the 70's and 80's by young men, but now you won't catch it on a younger guy because it is "not cool". A lot of younger guys still grow goatees and sometimes beards, but I think it's more a preference of what the women are into than anything. Not all women are the same, depends where you live too I guess.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2008, 03:50:53 PM »
I'm not sure about that, I don't grow a beard because it is itchy and difficult to take care of. Most of the women I have met don't really care about looks but moreso about personality. I think it's more hygeine related than anything, it's kind of like the moustache, people and style change but moustaches were big in the 70's and 80's by young men, but now you won't catch it on a younger guy because it is "not cool". A lot of younger guys still grow goatees and sometimes beards, but I think it's more a preference of what the women are into than anything. Not all women are the same, depends where you live too I guess.

I'm a lazy person.. but it actually takes alot of effort to let a maustache grow till it grows into your mouth. (and thus perhaps gets unhygienic).. so obviously don't do that. But it's easy not to.

There really isn't much to maintaining a beard.. It's much more effort to maintain your teeth. Or to wash yourself to remove body odour.  I can think of alot of things that are more effort than having a beard.. It's more effort not to.

I don't find it itchy either..  Maybe removing it is itchy, if you use and don't know how to use an electric shaver.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2008, 05:10:04 PM »

I'm a lazy person.. but it actually takes alot of effort to let a maustache grow till it grows into your mouth. (and thus perhaps gets unhygienic).. so obviously don't do that. But it's easy not to.

There really isn't much to maintaining a beard.. It's much more effort to maintain your teeth. Or to wash yourself to remove body odour.  I can think of alot of things that are more effort than having a beard.. It's more effort not to.

I don't find it itchy either..  Maybe removing it is itchy, if you use and don't know how to use an electric shaver.

I just use a Mach 3 razor, it's the growing in part that itches I meant. Anyways, don't know too many Jews with moustaches in modern day, know plenty with beards though my dad had a moustache, but that was to cover up a nasty scar when my grandpas rottweiler bit him on the upper lip.

Offline Katie

• Full JTFer
  • OBAMA SUCKS
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2008, 01:15:51 AM »
i mean i do like taller guys but guys my height (5'6") are cool!
"Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go." - Barack Obama

haha

Offline muslimslayer0075995

• Senior JTFer
  • the death of islam will benifit the world
    • zionist republic
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2008, 09:20:04 PM »
you all must be kidding me, if size matters (teh he) then how can u say u love them, u love someone for who they are not what they look like
islam isnt relgion its perpetuated hatred of the infidels

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2008, 03:14:19 AM »
you all must be kidding me, if size matters (teh he) then how can u say u love them, u love someone for who they are not what they look like

(if you say that love is for who someone is not what they look like,)

what's love at first sight then?

Maybe, lust with the willingness to give up everything! But isn't that what love is?

« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 11:19:00 PM by q_q_ »

Offline Karen

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2008, 08:11:08 PM »
It depends on if we're talking about midget or something extreme. I don't think anyone's fooling themselves into believing they'd fall in love no problem with a midget or a 9 foot tall monstrosity.

As long as you're assertive and powerful enough in other ways, it will attract women who know a catch. And if they don't, well that says more about that person than the "vertically challenged person". ;)

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2008, 11:25:36 PM »
It depends on if we're talking about midget or something extreme. I don't think anyone's fooling themselves into believing they'd fall in love no problem with a midget or a 9 foot tall monstrosity.

As long as you're assertive and powerful enough in other ways, it will attract women who know a catch. And if they don't, well that says more about that person than the "vertically challenged person". ;)

actually very righteous religious jewish girls don't look for assertiveness

they look for somebody that is shomer shabbat, and keeps kosher, and the more religious the better(e.g. praying 3 times a day), and scholarly.
Only Confidence that matters is in judaism, knowing what to do.  And a livelyhood.

Less religious girls just look for a man that keeps his back straight and is assertive/appears confident. I had a friend that spent a long time with some rather immature non-jewish girls, he came to the conclusion that those girls wanted a trophie,  they want to be proud of him, a man that they feel can protect them.  He thinks all girls want that.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 11:28:51 PM by q_q_ »

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2008, 11:31:13 PM »

they look for somebody that is shomer shabbat, and keeps kosher, and the more religious the better(e.g. praying 3 times a day), and scholarly.
Only Confidence that matters is in judaism, knowing what to do.  And a livelyhood.

Less religious girls just look for a man that keeps his back straight and is assertive/appears confident. I had a friend that spent a long time with some rather immature non-jewish girls, he came to the conclusion that those girls wanted a trophie,  they want to be proud of him, a man that they feel can protect them.  He thinks all girls want that.

A man has to protect his girlfriend or wife

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2008, 11:39:13 PM »

A man has to protect his girlfriend or wife

I agree. It is his responsibility.

But in day to day living, thank G-d, people tend not to run into situations where some thug attacks their girlfriend or wife.

Offline Karen

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2008, 10:23:21 AM »
I have never met a woman, religious or not, who didn't look for an assertive, confident man. It's a trait all women find attractive. The man can be shomer shabat and humble too, but that's besides the point.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2008, 07:36:05 PM »
I have never met a woman, religious or not, who didn't look for an assertive, confident man. It's a trait all women find attractive. The man can be shomer shabat and humble too, but that's besides the point.

there are some very very righteous women that really don't prioritise that, if they even look for it at all.

they hear , he's a torah scholar, he's nice, he's shomer mitzvot. They say baruch hashem. They are not going to say "oh, but he's not confident/assertive". But they'll reject somebody if they don't meet the other criteria e.g. not scholarly, not shomer mitzvot, and of course, not nice. If he meets the stated criteria though, they are so happy. They won't reject that because he lacks confidence.

I know, most girls do look or assertiveness and confidence, and as a priority. But there are these religious girls, they are of a different mold.

one of my religious female cousins has lovely little things all over her room to keep reminding her of G-d.  It's so unlike regular girls, it's like the difference between an innocent angel and a pile of dung.
These girls are so sensitive to G-d, so sensitive to others, so religious, so full of thought of G-d, so innocent, but intelligent too.  They are incomparable to girls you find in non-jewish or modern orthodox schools. Personally, I don't know how guys think they are worthy of girls like that, it's crazy.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2008, 01:38:53 PM »
Getting back to the bulldyke Tina Greco's original post, height is not important for me (I usually prefer a woman to be my height or a little taller, but it is such a trivial attribute), but it is very important for women.

I am not very tall and believe me, it is a real attraction-killer on the part of females.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2008, 01:50:40 PM »
Getting back to the bulldyke Tina Greco's original post, height is not important for me (I usually prefer a woman to be my height or a little taller, but it is such a trivial attribute), but it is very important for women.

I am not very tall and believe me, it is a real attraction-killer on the part of females.

Scriabin was very short but he never thought of himself that way.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2008, 01:52:25 PM »

Scriabin was very short but he never thought of himself that way.

Regardless of how tall we are now, for each of us there was a time when we were all very short and never thought of ourselves that way.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2008, 02:38:46 PM »
I keep shrinking ....now only 5'6" tall.....

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2008, 06:44:47 PM »

maybe the prayers of your future 5'7" husband are being answered

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2008, 09:44:57 PM »
 :::D ;D

yes, you must be correct!!!

maybe the prayers of your future 5'7" husband are being answered
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline dibblah

• Full JTFer
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2008, 01:21:45 AM »
It seems like everybody is the same size in bed...

-Amazing what a bit of basic physical attraction and a king-size bed will enable... ;)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 02:22:50 AM by dibblah »

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2008, 01:35:20 AM »
It seems like everbody is the same size in bed...

-Amazing what a bit of basic physical attraction and a king-size bed will enable... ;)

Only because heads are level.

I won't be too explicit, and it's best if it is not dwelt on, but suffice it to say that i'm sure that in some relationships with the woman alot taller than the man, the large height difference is intentional.  In that particular situation, the last place they would "seem the same height" would be the bed.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2008, 05:47:58 PM »
 Yes, height is important, nobody really wants a 4'11" 35o lb person male OR female. ^-^
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2008, 02:18:26 AM »
Yes, height is important, nobody really wants a 4'11" 35o lb person male OR female. ^-^

I dissagree.  (well not about the 350 lb thing)

I dated a 4'11 girl ( a foot and a half shorter than me) and she was great.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2008, 12:42:05 PM »
The last girl I dated was 4'11" and there was no problem at all. I thought it was cute. And I'm slightly over 6'.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2008, 12:58:27 PM »
I think if one associates height with masculinity or femininity, one is on a slippery slope.