Author Topic: ultra-Orthodox Jews against Isarel. What does Chaim say?  (Read 26674 times)

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
Re: ultra-Orthodox Jews against Isarel. What does Chaim say?
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2008, 12:06:57 PM »
He mans that soon you'll join the rest of us and not consider yourself Charedi any more  :D.  I used to think I was Charedi when I was a little kid in Yeshiva but shortly realized that they were wrong on almost everything and tried to uproot my traditions and brainwash me into a blind mindless follower. 

I used to think of myself as Chareidi, after all, I live in Boro Park.

But after learning the Satmar Rebbe's seforim in depth(more than any Satmar Chassid has anyway) and comparing it to the teachings of Rabbi Daweedh Bar Hayim, I don't consider myself a Hareidi at all.

There is no question that Hareidi Rabbis have no idea what G-d wants to see occur in this world.
Wow, thank you for that completely fallacious generalization.

You obviously have never learned a single word of the Satmar Rebbe's. Otherwise you would understand why Haredim relate to the state the way they do.

Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2008, 08:42:49 PM »
He mans that soon you'll join the rest of us and not consider yourself Charedi any more  :D.  I used to think I was Charedi when I was a little kid in Yeshiva but shortly realized that they were wrong on almost everything and tried to uproot my traditions and brainwash me into a blind mindless follower. 

But after learning the Satmar Rebbe's seforim in depth(more than any Satmar Chassid has anyway) and comparing it to the teachings of Rabbi Daweedh Bar Hayim, I don't consider myself a Hareidi at all.

There is no question that Hareidi Rabbis have no idea what G-d wants to see occur in this world.

You obviously have never learned a single word of the Satmar Rebbe's. Otherwise you would understand why Haredim relate to the state the way they do.
First of all, who says the Satmar Rebbe ZT"L spoke for all Charedim?  Second of all, while I don't agree with it, it is a completely valid opinion that he held.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2008, 05:32:33 PM »

First of all, who says the Satmar Rebbe ZT"L spoke for all Charedim?  Second of all, while I don't agree with it, it is a completely valid opinion that he held.

How do you know it was valid?

What proof do you have?

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2008, 09:31:43 PM »

What proof do you have?
No, the question is what proof do you have?  You're the one making the accusation.  The Satmar Rebbe, ZT"L, was a Posek, and he was in the minority and interpreted the "Three Oaths" as Halacha.  That's a perfectly valid opinion.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2008, 01:24:48 PM »

What proof do you have?
No, the question is what proof do you have?  You're the one making the accusation.  The Satmar Rebbe, ZT"L, was a Posek, and he was in the minority and interpreted the "Three Oaths" as Halacha.  That's a perfectly valid opinion.

Nothing valid about it.

There is Misswath Aseh d'oraitha to live and settle in Eretz Yisrael.

No Midrash can erase a Misswath Aseh.

So, NO, HIS OPINION IS NOT VALID.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2008, 04:08:47 PM »

What proof do you have?

Nothing valid about it.

Who ever said you can't live in Eretz Yisrael?  There are plenty of Satmarers in Eretz Yisrael.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2008, 10:20:25 PM »

What proof do you have?

Nothing valid about it.

Who ever said you can't live in Eretz Yisrael?  There are plenty of Satmarers in Eretz Yisrael.

OdKahaneChai, The Satmar Rebbe made the manifestly insane claim that while it is a commandment from the Torah for each and every Jew to live in Eress Yisrael, it is a grave sin if more than a handful of jews actually fulfill this commandment.

This is a valid opinion?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

THIS IS ABSURD!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2008, 10:21:56 PM »

What proof do you have?

Nothing valid about it.

OdKahaneChai, The Satmar Rebbe made the manifestly insane claim that while it is a commandment from the Torah for each and every Jew to live in Eress Yisrael, it is a grave sin if more than a handful of jews actually fulfill this commandment.

Not true.  He was opposed to a Jewish government in Israel, not Jews in Israel.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2008, 10:26:43 PM »

What proof do you have?

Nothing valid about it.

Not true.  He was opposed to a Jewish government in Israel, not Jews in Israel.

Read his sefer VaYoel Moshe, Maamar Yishuv Eretz Yisrael.

In it he claims that only a handful of Jews should go to Israel and that it is assur for more than a few elderly Jews to live there.

That's what he says. Look it up.

And either way, if he opposes a Jewish state, he wants jews to put their faith in a miracle from G-d and that has always led to annihilation.

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2008, 03:13:04 AM »
Very informative and educational...

I found this in the Wikipedia

"The Neturei Karta synagogues follow the customs of the Gaon of Vilna, due to Neturei Karta's origin within the Lithuanian rather than Chasidic branch of ultra-Orthodox Judaism. It must be stressed that Neturei Karta is not a Hasidic but a Litvish group, they are often mistaken for Hasidim because their style of dress (including a shtreimel on Shabbos) is very similar to that of Hasidim".

Does it mean Vilna Gaon was anti-Zionist too?

Also what was the Lubavitcher Rebbe Menachem Mendel Schneersohn's postition on Zionism?

I found this in

http://www.jewsnotzionists.org/Lubavitcher%20Rebbe%20on%20Zionism.htm

claiming that Lubavitcher Rebbe Shulem Schneersohn was against Zionism?  Was that true?  Did the Lubavitcher position change later?

BTW, don't get me wrong.  I am a Zionist to the core and I believe Israel's right to "expand" rather than to exist.  Just for my own education I am asking these questions.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 03:22:45 AM by Christian Zionist »
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2008, 11:17:12 AM »

"The Neturei Karta synagogues follow the customs of the Gaon of Vilna, due to Neturei Karta's origin within the Lithuanian rather than Chasidic branch of ultra-Orthodox Judaism. It must be stressed that Neturei Karta is not a Hasidic but a Litvish group, they are often mistaken for Hasidim because their style of dress (including a shtreimel on Shabbos) is very similar to that of Hasidim".

Also what was the Lubavitcher Rebbe Menachem Mendel Schneersohn's postition on Zionism?

I found this in

claiming that Lubavitcher Rebbe Shulem Schneersohn was against Zionism?  Was that true?  Did the Lubavitcher position change later?

BTW, don't get me wrong.  I am a Zionist to the core and I believe Israel's right to "expand" rather than to exist.  Just for my own education I am asking these questions.

Thanks!

The Vilna Gaon was not alive when Zionism started although the founder of Chovevei Zion(Lovers of Zion which was a proto-Zionist group) was started by Rabbi Naftali Ssvi Yehudha Berlin Also known as the Netziv who was the head of the yeshiva that he started before he died. One can possibly assume his feelings from what his major students did.

He also told his students to move to Israel long before anyone in the Jewish world was even speaking about this and he enouraged people to move en masse. So that sounds fairly Zionist to me.

Lubavitch was definitely against Zionism before the state was founded. The most recent Rebbe changed the Lubavitch position on Zionism radically.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2008, 02:10:12 PM »

I found this in

Thanks!

The Vilna Gaon was not alive when Zionism started although the founder of Chovevei Zion(Lovers of Zion which was a proto-Zionist group) was started by Rabbi Naftali Ssvi Yehudha Berlin Also known as the Netziv who was the head of the yeshiva that he started before he died. One can possibly assume his feelings from what his major students did.

He also told his students to move to Israel long before anyone in the Jewish world was even speaking about this and he enouraged people to move en masse. So that sounds fairly Zionist to me.

Lubavitch was definitely against Zionism before the state was founded. The most recent Rebbe changed the Lubavitch position on Zionism radically.

Moving to Israel and supporting the Zionistic movement are different things. The Vina Gaon's student (in KOL Hator) writes about the movement to Israel as being the job of Ben Yosef, but it also as being taken over and then done by the eruv rav.
 I dont think that their were a substantial amount of Religious Jews who have supported the zionistic movement, but settling the land is different from this.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2008, 03:30:42 PM »

I found this in

Thanks!

Moving to Israel and supporting the Zionistic movement are different things. The Vina Gaon's student (in KOL Hator) writes about the movement to Israel as being the job of Ben Yosef, but it also as being taken over and then done by the eruv rav.
 I dont think that their were a substantial amount of Religious Jews who have supported the zionistic movement, but settling the land is different from this.

Actually there were quite alot of religious Jews who did support the Zionist movement. Especially students of the Vilna Gaon.

Chassidim, there were very few. Most were anti-zionist.

Although the Gerrer Rebbe said that Rav Kook was the Gadol HaDor.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2008, 03:39:40 PM »
Who? Not the Hassidim, neither the Litvish nor the Sefardim. Just the Kookniks, and on condition that the secular regime temporarily holds power, because at the time it did promote 1 positive thing- which was settling the land.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2008, 03:47:34 PM »

I found this in

Thanks!
First of all the Vilna Gaon, A"H, told his Talmidim to settle in Eretz Yisroel, but there was no real idea of "Zionism" at the time.   And the Rebbe Rashab was against political Zionism because he saw it as, and it at the time was, a Secular movement that was replacing Torah with Nationalism.  But the Rebbe (the most recent one) was certainly not against Zionism (Religious Zionism, that is).

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2008, 08:55:28 PM »
Thanks guys for the explanations!

Is there any verse in the Talmud encouraging Jews to settle in Israel?

What did famous sages like Rambam, Ramban, Rashi and other commentators say about the establishment of a religious Zionist state in Israel?

Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2008, 08:56:52 PM »

What did famous sages like Rambam, Ramban, Rashi and other commentators say about the establishment of a religious Zionist state in Israel?
To my knowledge none of the Rishonim wrote about it.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2008, 09:33:16 PM »

Yes many.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2008, 09:36:27 PM »
The Rambam was very encouraging and extremely Kahanist like and R' Kahane quoted the Rambam a lot.  The Rambam wrote that if a leader gathers the Jews together in Israel and tells them to go fight their enemies and conquer the land they must listen to him and obey; and consider him with the presumption that he is the Massiah.  Rabbi Akivah who was one of the most famous Rabbis of the Talmud was the main supporter of the Bar Kochba revolt against Rome in Israel.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 09:38:00 PM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2008, 09:46:34 PM »
The Rambam was very encouraging and extremely Kahanist like and R' Kahane quoted the Rambam a lot.  The Rambam wrote that if a leader gathers the Jews together in Israel and tells them to go fight their enemies and conquer the land they must listen to him and obey; and consider him with the presumption that he is the Massiah.  Rabbi Akivah who was one of the most famous Rabbis of the Talmud was the main supporter of the Bar Kochba revolt against Rome in Israel.
Until he killed Rabbi Elazar, after which R' Akivah realized that Bar Kochba had failed in his mission as Moshiach.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2008, 10:00:36 PM »

What proof do you have?

Nothing valid about it.

Jeremiah said, “They [Israel, the defeated nation] shall be carried to Babylon and shall remain there [in the Diaspora] until the day I [G-d] remember them” (Jeremiah 27:22). To Rabbi Judah this meant, “Whoever goes up [returns] from Babylon [the Diaspora] to Israel transgresses the positive commandment of the Torah” (Ketubot 111a).

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2008, 10:15:23 PM »
   Using the term "Ultra-Orthodox Jew" is like using the term "radical Islam". Either you practice Judaism and follow the Torah or you practice something else. Whether we agree or disagree with all the subtle customs and traditions that often cloud the fact that we are all Jews, going against Israel is going against G-d and is as far away from Judaism as you can get. Instead of using the term "Ultra-Orthodox", it is probably best to call them by the town in Europe that they still think they live in.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2008, 11:46:46 AM »

What proof do you have?

Nothing valid about it.

Jeremiah said, “They [Israel, the defeated nation] shall be carried to Babylon and shall remain there [in the Diaspora] until the day I [G-d] remember them” (Jeremiah 27:22). To Rabbi Judah this meant, “Whoever goes up [returns] from Babylon [the Diaspora] to Israel transgresses the positive commandment of the Torah” (Ketubot 111a).

Right and rabbi zera disobeyed him and made aliyah because his rabbi, rabbi yehudah was wrong and his opinion is not the pshat of that pasuk and is not the halakha and is also impossible because commandments from nach are not considered d'oraitha.

Tzvi, there were definitely opinions like this in the Bavli talmudh. But they are not the halakha so quoting them the way you do is facetious.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2008, 11:48:19 AM »
   Using the term "Ultra-Orthodox Jew" is like using the term "radical Islam". Either you practice Judaism and follow the Torah or you practice something else. Whether we agree or disagree with all the subtle customs and traditions that often cloud the fact that we are all Jews, going against Israel is going against G-d and is as far away from Judaism as you can get. Instead of using the term "Ultra-Orthodox", it is probably best to call them by the town in Europe that they still think they live in.

OOOOOOH, SICK BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2008, 11:57:18 AM »
 ???
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche