Author Topic: Do You Believe In Soul Mates?  (Read 793 times)

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
Do You Believe In Soul Mates?
« on: January 17, 2008, 10:32:29 PM »
In this vast world of ours, do you think it is pre-destined that we are truly meant to be with only one other person?  Is it not more likely that we simply idealize this notion and have to adapt and/or compromise to find our version of true happiness?  Along the same lines, do you believe in monogamy, or as Ali G would call it, mahogony?  The Mormons used to allow multiple wives, as did some other Christian groups.  Judaism also used to allow it, and, as we know, it is still accepted in many parts of the Muslim world.  Is this simply backward thinking?

Kiwi

Re: Do You Believe In Soul Mates?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 10:37:06 PM »
I believe in soul mates, I think its rare to find them, but not rare to fall in love. And I don't believe in having more than one spouse at one time, nor do I believe in staying to a spouse when there is no love in the marriage.
I can't stand people marrying because they can't bear to be independent, or they marry soley for what they can get from there partner.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 10:45:47 PM »
In this vast world of ours, do you think it is pre-destined that we are truly meant to be with only one other person?  Is it not more likely that we simply idealize this notion and have to adapt and/or compromise to find our version of true happiness?  Along the same lines, do you believe in monogamy, or as Ali G would call it, mahogony?  The Mormons used to allow multiple wives, as did some other Christian groups.  Judaism also used to allow it, and, as we know, it is still accepted in many parts of the Muslim world.  Is this simply backward thinking?

Well i believein soul mates...but you can't just jump to conclusions about knowing who your actual soul mate is until you get married to him/her, have children and die...in your last breath while the two of you were together you can say that you were truly soul mates.

But then again, who am I to say?  I'm not married nor have kids...and may Gd keep me alive until 120.

If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 10:52:12 PM »
Good points.