Author Topic: Chess legend Bobby Fischer (YM"S) dead at 64  (Read 12563 times)

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Chess legend Bobby Fischer (YM"S) dead at 64
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2008, 09:56:45 PM »
A real nutjob!

newman

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2008, 10:09:07 PM »
Isn't there something in Torah about taking joy in the death of evil people?

I'm happy that Jew-hater is dead. May chumpsky and shitpiro be next!

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2008, 10:34:51 PM »
Hopefully, he had A LOT of sunscreen where he was going! :::D

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2008, 10:59:48 PM »
Does anyone else understand that he still was Jewish?

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2008, 11:16:41 PM »
Hopefully, he had A LOT of sunscreen where he was going! :::D
I hope when he gets there he finds the brand he bought was made in China and he finds it doesn't work :o
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2008, 11:16:53 PM »
so what he praised 9/11. it doesnt matter if you curse the jewish people whether your a jew or gentile you are still going to get punished by g-d. he was a kapo

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2008, 11:20:50 PM »
so what he praised 9/11. it doesnt matter if you curse the jewish people whether your a jew or gentile you are still going to get punished by g-d. he was a kapo
I doesn't matter.  Deep down, he still had a Jewish soul - and that you cannot curse.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2008, 11:21:17 PM »
Thank G-d.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2008, 11:26:01 PM »
I doesn't matter.  Deep down, he still had a Jewish soul - and that you cannot curse.
he forfieted his brit with g-d

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2008, 11:27:15 PM »
And you can make the judgement on this, how?

Joe Schmo

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2008, 11:27:39 PM »

What if schizophrenia caused him to be antisemitic?

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2008, 11:38:28 PM »
And you can make the judgement on this, how?
From the 1980s, however, his hatred for Jews was a major theme of his public remarks.[citation needed] He denied the "Holocaust of the Jews," announced his desire to make "expos[ing] the Jews for the criminals they are ... the murderers they are" his lifework, and argued that the United States is "a farce controlled by dirty, hook-nosed, circumcised Jew bastards."[60] "adam moad leolam" a person is responsible for something always even if he was sleeping or drunk or anything. so i dont think you can blame this on anything

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2008, 08:43:13 AM »
Bobby 'nut case' Fischer' was full Jew                http://www.forward.com/articles/5039/ 

-----------------------------------------------------

The encyclopedia willingly complied with Fischer’s request. But recently released documents show that not only was Fischer’s mother Jewish, but his biological father probably was also.

Generally, Fischer’s biological father has been thought to be a non-Jewish German named Gerhardt Fischer. Gerhardt left Bobby’s mother three years before Bobby was born, and in researching “Bobby Fischer Goes to War,” Eidinow and David Edmonds discovered 900 pages of FBI documents that strongly suggest Bobby’s father was, in fact, the Hungarian-Jewish physicist Paul Nemenyi.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

• Master JTFer
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2008, 08:55:10 AM »

He was only Jewish until he made the choice not to be. I don't remember exactly what Chaim said about a year ago, but it was something along the lines of self-hating Jews not really being Jewish because the Shemona Esrai condemns heretics. By my definition, a Jew is simply someone who accepts the torah. The act of rejecting it alone is enough to cut someone away from the Jewish people. Bobby Fischer YS"Z went further and attacked it. Bobby Fischer YS"Z clearly and habitually stated that he was not Jewish and that act alone make him a non-Jew rather than a self-hating one.
   Now my question is how this compares to a self hating Jew who accepts but twists the torah. Bobby Fischer attacked the torah, but what if he had just rejected it? How would that compare to a reform or conservative person who calls him or herself a rabbi and dedicates shabbat services to Martin Lucifer King YS"Z and Darfur.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 08:57:52 AM by takebackourtemple »
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2008, 09:22:04 AM »

So was the Hellenist priest who was struckt down by Machabeans, and you stil celebrate the Hanukah.   
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2008, 10:20:04 AM »
He was only Jewish until he made the choice not to be. I don't remember exactly what Chaim said about a year ago, but it was something along the lines of self-hating Jews not really being Jewish because the Shemona Esrai condemns heretics. By my definition, a Jew is simply someone who accepts the torah. The act of rejecting it alone is enough to cut someone away from the Jewish people. Bobby Fischer YS"Z went further and attacked it. Bobby Fischer YS"Z clearly and habitually stated that he was not Jewish and that act alone make him a non-Jew rather than a self-hating one.
He was born a Jew, therefore he is a Jew.  You can't become a Goy. 
So was the Hellenist priest who was struck down by Machabeans, and you stil celebrate the Hanukah.   
To both you and takebackourtemple, a heretic is someone who knows full well the laws of Torah and what his obligations are, and he chooses to ignore them anyway.  That was what the Hellenist that Matisyahu killed was.  I can guarantee you Bobby Fischer did not grow up in a frum home of any sort.  It was our responsibility to bring him to Torah, and we failed.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2008, 07:54:38 PM »
So was the Hellenist priest who was struck down by Machabeans, and you stil celebrate the Hanukah.   
To both you and takebackourtemple, a heretic is someone who knows full well the laws of Torah and what his obligations are, and he chooses to ignore them anyway.  That was what the Hellenist that Matisyahu killed was.  I can guarantee you Bobby Fischer did not grow up in a frum home of any sort.  It was our responsibility to bring him to Torah, and we failed.

I'm not an expert on the Shemona Esrai, but since I'm correct anyway, I'm sure that someone else on this forum can explain it better than I can.
   While being born a Jew means you don't have to go through a rigorous conversion process to earn your Neshma, it is not a free ride and must be maintained through merit. Bobby Fisher clearly rejected Judaism and by his own choice was not a Jew. Chaim was is not born orthodox either. He made the choice to embrace the torah and Bobby Fisher could have made the same choice.
   Judaism is all about choice and there is no way to force anyone to the torah. While it is our responsibility to provide good guidance, it was not our responsibility to force anyone to be Jewish. He made his choice to be an anti-semite instead and there was nothing we could have done about it.
   Had he changed his mind at anytime, the torah would have been there for him, but that was not the case. 

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2008, 07:59:42 PM »
   I'm not an expert on the Shemona Esrai, but since I'm correct anyway, I'm sure that someone else on this forum can explain it better than I can.
   While being born a Jew means you don't have to go through a rigorous conversion process to earn your Neshma, it is not a free ride and must be maintained through merit. Bobby Fisher clearly rejected Judaism and by his own choice was not a Jew. Chaim was is not born orthodox either. He made the choice to embrace the torah and Bobby Fisher could have made the same choice.
Really?  So who taught Bobby Fischer about Yiddishkeit?  I'd like to know...

Offline bongoid

• Full JTFer
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2008, 08:24:22 PM »
Sad to say but Bobby Fisher was as Jewish as the Sulzberger family of the NYNT & the family of Karl Marx.
 He was no asset to the Jewish people if only for his 9/11 remarks.
  No big loss.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2008, 08:26:14 PM »
Really?  So who taught Bobby Fischer about Yiddishkeit?  I'd like to know...

I'm going to start by distinguishing Yiddishkeit from Judaism since the latter is the one that I practice. I count Jews of all backgrounds as Jewish and will go to Sephardic Bait Knessim as well as those of my grandparents and parents. I see the one who taught me to be Jewish is the same as the one that taught Bobby Fisher to be. Taking a look at Bobby's history, I see poor parents in his case. While Bobby received an education in chess, rather than Torah, he did grow up in Brooklyn with other Jews. Even if his mother was not the greatest in the world, there was no shortage of rabbi's and peers to introduce him to the torah. Not everybody has to go through years of yeshivot to be Jewish. People receive different educations, but still receive what they need. In Bobby's case he had less of an education, he also had a higher IQ to compensate for what he did have. This brings me to my answer and my answer is "Hashem".

• Master JTFer
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2008, 08:33:47 PM »
   I'll tell you what. If Chaim states otherwise, I will drop my case about Bobby Fischer. If he states that Bobby Fischer no longer was a Jew, I hope you will take that into consideration. If he gives a mixed answer(like you are both right) we can continue the debate from there.