Author Topic: Do You Trust Your Doctor Implicitly?  (Read 3272 times)

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Do You Trust Your Doctor Implicitly?
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2008, 09:00:08 PM »
In all honesty there are many good doctors out there and when something really knocks people down they often look to a doctor for help. The problem today is the system. It makes it hard for doctors to do a good job and even harder for the sick to find a doctor they can trust. I am old enough to remember the family doctor that would come to the house when a person was sick. People today don't know how great that was. Today with skyrocketing costs for insurance and frivolous law suits doctors need to scramble to make ends meet so we end up with production line medicine. Still with a little due diligence and luck it is possible to find good doctors.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2008, 12:53:48 AM »
I like the idea of seeing several doctors and forming a consensus in order to move forward in any plan of attack.  I also believe the patient should become as closely informed as his or her doctors as possible, on the particular medical issue at hand.  My main point is that medicine is not a perfect system, and nobody, not even very well educated, and hopefully well-intentioned, doctors should be followed blindly.  The pateient is always the key part of the decision making process in the end! O0

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2008, 01:04:47 AM »
I am not one of those that goes to a doctor for anything, the only way I ever go to a doctor if it is that majorly needed. 
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2008, 01:33:32 AM »
I'm the same way, but my Mother gives me a major guilt trip if I don't at least go for a physical every year or two.

Kiwi

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2008, 03:59:05 AM »
I'm the same way, but my Mother gives me a major guilt trip if I don't at least go for a physical every year or two.

Yes that is good tho.