Author Topic: Public Displays of Affection!  (Read 84189 times)

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
Re: Public Displays of Affection!
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 09:43:47 PM »
Doesn't mean its a bad thing either, why must you make it sound that life would end if you did. Honestly I wonder if any of you have been in any type of relationship  :-\

Uh oh.. she's trying to stir up controversy yet again  :P

The small of your back? What's the small of a back?

Small of your back is the lower half of your spine just above your rear end, the curvy bit or lower lumber for more medical people.  ::)

Tzs tzs, naughty naughty...

As Scriabin said.. guys should not flaunt what they have in front of poor guys that have trouble getting women - hint, HINT...

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2008, 09:48:12 PM »
Honestly Orthodox Rabbis are prevented from touching other women in private or public.
He is Orthodox, he is a great Rabbi, and a personal friend.
Then there is obviously something wrong here.

Is he Orthodox or "Orthodox"?

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2008, 09:52:24 PM »
Honestly Orthodox Rabbis are prevented from touching other women in private or public.

Yeah that does sound a bit odd. I'm not Jewish and I know that lol

Kiwi

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2008, 09:55:50 PM »
Doesn't mean its a bad thing either, why must you make it sound that life would end if you did. Honestly I wonder if any of you have been in any type of relationship  :-\

Small of your back is the lower half of your spine just above your rear end, the curvy bit or lower lumber for more medical people.  ::)

As Scriabin said.. guys should not flaunt what they have in front of poor guys that have trouble getting women - hint, HINT...

Jealously is a curse, and blaming others for their own faults is not taking responsibility for their own actions is it?

Vito oh Vito you totally surprise me on the lack of a partner thing.  :-\ The Girls are just insane looking you over.

Kiwi

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2008, 09:56:37 PM »

He plays by the rules.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2008, 09:59:37 PM »

He plays by the rules.
What do you mean by that?

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2008, 10:00:31 PM »
Jewish men are not prohibited from simply touching women according to the Rambam and many Orthodox Rabbis.  Only the Chassidim and some Charedim prohibit this. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2008, 10:03:00 PM »
Well I guess you would have to distinguish what is the motivation in the touching. What is the intent of the person doing the touching and how that touching is understood by the Touchee.
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Kiwi

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2008, 10:04:23 PM »

He plays by the rules.

Exactly that he is a very moral man and never once has being other wise.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2008, 10:04:45 PM »
Jewish men are not prohibited from simply touching women according to the Rambam and many Orthodox Rabbis.  Only the Chassidim and some Charedim prohibit this. 
I've never heard of any frum person saying that they don't need to be "Shomer Negia."  It's like saying, "Well... I'm frum, but I'm not Shomer Kashrus."

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2008, 10:05:12 PM »

Jealously is a curse, and blaming others for their own faults is not taking responsibility for their own actions is it?

Vito oh Vito you totally surprise me on the lack of a partner thing.  :-\ The Girls are just insane looking you over.

It's called no game.

Kiwi

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2008, 10:05:51 PM »
Well I guess you would have to distinguish what is the motivation in the touching. What is the intent of the person doing the touching and how that touching is understood by the Touchee.

O0 100%

Kiwi

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2008, 10:07:10 PM »

It's called no game.

Awwwwww  :(

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2008, 10:07:17 PM »

He plays by the rules.
Well, I know very moral people who are not frum.  Being moral doesn't mean he's Shomer Mitzvos.

kellymaureen

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2008, 10:07:43 PM »

It's called no game.

Ugh who wants games, give me a smart, funny and nice guy and thats it ;)

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2008, 10:09:23 PM »
Hey IQ of 136, I make people laugh ( just ask my co-workers), But I am already married maybe they can do cloning  ;D
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2008, 10:09:50 PM »
According to the simple reading of the Rambam it is irrelevant as to the intent of touching as long as it is not a sexual kind of touching.  According to R' Mose Fienstein Zs'l in his letters about touching passers by in a crowded subway train he seems to argue (or at best reads the Rambam differently) and says that touching is allowed only if one doesn't have pleasure from the touching. 

Odkahanehchai:  Just because people say something is true, does not make it true.  Most Jews have no clue what the Rambam writes about this subject or even what the strict Moshe Feinstein writes about it, even he allows it if it isn't with wrong intentions.  There are many misconceptions of the general public.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 10:12:01 PM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"

Kiwi

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2008, 10:12:22 PM »

He plays by the rules.
Well, I know very moral people who are not frum.  Being moral doesn't mean he's Shomer Mitzvos.

I know that and as I said he is completely Orthodox in his ways. And a "Orthodox" Rabbi.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2008, 10:13:50 PM »
According to the simple reading of the Rambam it is irrelevant as to the intent of touching as long as it is not a sexual kind of touching.  According to R' Mose Fienstein Zs'l in his letters about touching passers by in a crowded subway train he seems to argue (or at best reads the Rambam differently) and says that touching is allowed only if one doesn't have pleasure from the touching. 

Odkahanehchai:  Just because people say something is true, does not make it true.  Most Jews have no clue what the Rambam writes about this subject or even what the strict Moshe Feinstein writes about it, even he allows it if it isn't with wrong intentions.  There are many misconceptions of the general public.
R' Feinstein forbids handshakes!  Who gets sexual pleasure from a handshake?

Kiwi

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2008, 10:14:52 PM »

R' Feinstein forbids handshakes!  Who gets sexual pleasure from a handshake?

Some people I know  :::D :::D

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2008, 10:16:19 PM »
Well he (R' Moshe Feinstein) wrote a response to a letter that asked him if it was OK to go into a crowded subway train in rush hour and have women leaning on you and accidentally touching you if it was forbidden and he said that it was fine since the intention wasn't a lustful intention.  Show me where you remember him forbidding hand shakes, I would like to know if I am wrong about him.  Just for the record I don't generally follow R' Moshe as I consider him too strict although he was a Torah genious.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 10:18:01 PM by jdl4ever »

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2008, 10:17:14 PM »
The Orthodox Rabbis I know do not shake womens' hands.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2008, 10:25:06 PM »
Well he (R' Moshe Feinstein) wrote a response to a letter that asked him if it was OK to go into a crowded subway train in rush hour and have women leaning on you and accidentally touching you if it was forbidden and he said that it was fine since the intention wasn't a lustful intention.  Show me where you remember him forbidding hand shakes, I would like to know if I am wrong about him.  Just for the record I don't generally follow R' Moshe as I consider him too strict although he was a Torah genious.
It's in Iggros Moshe, Orach Chayim.  I will try to find for you the exact place. 

I think he said that about a crowded subway because the touching is not intentional.

Also, all women over the age of 11 are assumed to be Niddah, so you have another problem there.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2008, 10:28:27 PM »

It's called no game.

Yeah that's about all that can be said about that  ::)

Kiwi

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2008, 10:33:23 PM »

It's called no game.

Yeah that's about all that can be said about that  ::)

Come to Australia you would have many Girls falling over you.