Author Topic: Public Displays of Affection!  (Read 84193 times)

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
Public Displays of Affection!
« on: January 18, 2008, 12:40:46 PM »
Are they appropriate among couples? O0

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
Re: Public Displays of Affection!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 12:42:32 PM »
There are certain limits.

Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 12:59:27 PM »
no comment
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 01:23:05 PM »
Are they appropriate among couples? O0

No.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Joe Schmo

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 01:26:33 PM »
Kissing in public?  Absolutely not!

No need to flaunt what you have in front of the poor guys who have trouble getting women.

Kiwi

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 07:07:05 PM »
Many things I don't like, but it depends on the age of the people, I think theres nothing nicer to see a very old couple sitting and holding hands  ;)

But I don't like young couples that are just about eating each other .

Small kiss on the check yes, as a hello or good bye thats fine, holding hands yeah thats fine too.

Climbing over each other arrgghhh nooo.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 11:20:21 PM by Skippy »

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 11:21:33 PM »
No.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 11:30:39 PM »
NO!
There is place for that,and should stay that way!

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 04:45:46 PM »
I don't really care what they do, I don't pay attention to what other people are doing unless they come within my personal space.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 05:58:07 PM »
I feel they are usually inappropriate.  I was looking for confirmation.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 10:52:57 PM »
Kissing in public?  Absolutely not!

No need to flaunt what you have in front of the poor guys who have trouble getting women.

I'm going to second that....

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 11:18:04 PM »
No.
A Jewish couple should not show PDA or hold hands etc.
The reason is that a man should respect the wife's privacy.
If they are seen touching then its obvious she's not niddah and people would know. But later if they are seen not touching people would know she is.
So, for the sake of the wife's privacy, they should not touch in public. I guess unless they don't care if others know, but me personally, I want to keep things private.

Also, its not appropriate.

i love that jewish logic! nice!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 08:50:08 AM »
No.
If they are seen touching then its obvious she's not niddah and people would know. But later if they are seen not touching people would know she is.
So, for the sake of the wife's privacy, they should not touch in public. I guess unless they don't care if others know, but me personally, I want to keep things private.

i love that jewish logic! nice!
Yes its funny how things work. Sometimes when I study these things there are like 100 loopholes or laws based on something I never even heard of. Yet in the end,they always end up making sense somehow.
I learned this a while ago from my book I study Judaism from.

the same logic is also why women don't read from the Torah...

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 01:23:48 PM »
No.

This is an extremely good and intelligent post.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Kiwi

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 06:31:52 PM »
 Well when  I was married, my husband held my hand in public, even pull his hand against the small of my back at times, so is G-d going to send me to hell? I think not.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 06:35:57 PM »
Of course you aren't going to hell for holding hands with your husband.

She was making the point that religious Jews can't tell if a woman is on nidah.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 07:58:01 PM »
Well when  I was married, my husband held my hand in public, even pull his hand against the small of my back at times, so is G-d going to send me to hell? I think not.

nothing wrong with that...

to each their own is what i always say.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 07:59:13 PM »
That doesn't mean it's a good thing to do...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Kiwi

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2008, 09:26:59 PM »
That doesn't mean it's a good thing to do...

Doesn't mean its a bad thing either, why must you make it sound that life would end if you did. Honestly I wonder if any of you have been in any type of relationship  :-\

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2008, 09:33:34 PM »
Doesn't mean its a bad thing either, why must you make it sound that life would end if you did. Honestly I wonder if any of you have been in any type of relationship  :-\

Uh oh.. she's trying to stir up controversy yet again  :P

The small of your back? What's the small of a back?

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2008, 09:35:10 PM »
Them be fighten words there Lady.  :P

I have been married to my wife now for 16 years. I do not show public signs of affection except a quick peck on the lips as we walk out the door.

I was taught to respect a lady. Because someone may see us and begin evil thoughts about our physical relationship. We are to try and present to the World a Moral example as Jews. That is another reason for a woman to dress modestly in public it prevents & assist males from lusting.
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Kiwi

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2008, 09:37:51 PM »
Skippy, no offense but you TOTALLY took this the wrong way and I was NOT even mentioning "hell" WTH?
I was just saying to NOT touch for privacy reasons. There is a BIG difference from me saying that it could be kept private compared to YOUR version of sinning and hell.
I don't even think its a "sin" so I have no clue where you got this from.
Why would you think this anyways?  ???

Because quite honestly I am a very moral Jewish woman, you are making it sound so loose to even be touched by a man.

My rabbi has even touched me in public. Does that make it bad as well? No its called being a human.

I touch people everyday in public, I have people coming and hugging me. Some oh yes get the stones out! They even kiss me. Does that make me a scarlet woman?

On well then it must, because every day I hug and kiss a fella who is not my husband, he is my baby nephew and trust me I don't care whos looking.

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2008, 09:39:32 PM »
Honestly Orthodox Rabbis are prevented from touching other women in private or public.
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Kiwi

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2008, 09:40:55 PM »

Uh oh.. she's trying to stir up controversy yet again  :P

The small of your back? What's the small of a back?

Small of your back is the lower half of your spine just above your rear end, the curvy bit or lower lumber for more medical people.  ::)

Kiwi

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2008, 09:43:09 PM »
Honestly Orthodox Rabbis are prevented from touching other women in private or public.

He is Orthodox, he is a great Rabbi, and a personal friend.