Author Topic: Public Displays of Affection!  (Read 84200 times)

Just Erica

Re: Public Displays of Affection!
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2008, 10:38:23 PM »
Are they appropriate among couples? O0
Yes...(My opinion only). I'm no exhibitionist but it warms my heart to see elderly couples as well as young lovers hold hands and even kiss each other in public. If we, my  girls and I, were ever walking down the street, they'd spot PDA people before I do. My little one even said, one day when she saw an elderly couple hugging and holding hands "Mommy, they are loving each other." I think its healthy for children to see what that part of a great relationship looks like. I grew up watching my mom being beaten by her exboyfriend. I'd rather my girls see their dad and I kissing, outside or in the house than for them to see no affection from us at all.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2008, 10:39:46 PM »
Doesn't mean its a bad thing either, why must you make it sound that life would end if you did. Honestly I wonder if any of you have been in any type of relationship  :-\

Uh oh.. she's trying to stir up controversy yet again  :P

The small of your back? What's the small of a back?

Small of your back is the lower half of your spine just above your rear end, the curvy bit or lower lumber for more medical people.  ::)

Tzs tzs, naughty naughty...

As Scriabin said.. guys should not flaunt what they have in front of poor guys that have trouble getting women - hint, HINT...

Jealously is a curse, and blaming others for their own faults is not taking responsibility for their own actions is it?

Vito oh Vito you totally surprise me on the lack of a partner thing.  :-\ The Girls are just insane looking you over.

It's called no game.

Awwwwww  :(

Yeah that's about all that can be said about that  ::)

Come to Australia you would have many Girls falling over you.

The sad part is I was really considering going down there to try to meet women lol. Only problem.. how do I woo one enough to come back with me? :) Do they even like American accents there?

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2008, 10:40:28 PM »
I think some people just need to show respect to others.

Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

kellymaureen

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2008, 10:42:09 PM »
Doesn't mean its a bad thing either, why must you make it sound that life would end if you did. Honestly I wonder if any of you have been in any type of relationship  :-\

Uh oh.. she's trying to stir up controversy yet again  :P

The small of your back? What's the small of a back?

Small of your back is the lower half of your spine just above your rear end, the curvy bit or lower lumber for more medical people.  ::)

Tzs tzs, naughty naughty...

As Scriabin said.. guys should not flaunt what they have in front of poor guys that have trouble getting women - hint, HINT...

Jealously is a curse, and blaming others for their own faults is not taking responsibility for their own actions is it?

Vito oh Vito you totally surprise me on the lack of a partner thing.  :-\ The Girls are just insane looking you over.

It's called no game.

Awwwwww  :(

Yeah that's about all that can be said about that  ::)

Come to Australia you would have many Girls falling over you.

The sad part is I was really considering going down there to try to meet women lol. Only problem.. how do I woo one enough to come back with me? :) Do they even like American accents there?

ha ha yes!
my sister was VERY popular lol (ok shes gorgeous too lol and yes im bias) she had NO problem the Australian guys loved her.....she married one AND brought him back, they have been married 4 years and just had a baby Dec 28 :)

Kiwi

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2008, 10:43:24 PM »

You have the whole thing going on, and yes accent is never a problem. Why do you think American men are not greatly liked by most Aussie men, because you are preferred.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2008, 10:48:39 PM »
ha ha yes!
my sister was VERY popular lol (ok shes gorgeous too lol and yes im bias) she had NO problem the Australian guys loved her.....she married one AND brought him back, they have been married 4 years and just had a baby Dec 28 :)

Females are different, they just need to be females lol

You have the whole thing going on, and yes accent is never a problem. Why do you think American men are not greatly liked by most Aussie men, because you are preferred.

Hah, if that's the case I'll be crashing at your house sometime soon  ;) Hopefully Aussie girls are warmer than American girls..

Kiwi

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2008, 10:50:57 PM »
ha ha yes!

Females are different, they just need to be females lol

Hah, if that's the case I'll be crashing at your house sometime soon  ;) Hopefully Aussie girls are warmer than American girls..

You are very welcome, I have a guest area  O0

Kiwi

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2008, 12:30:51 AM »
Skippy, no offense but you TOTALLY took this the wrong way and I was NOT even mentioning "hell" WTH?
I was just saying to NOT touch for privacy reasons. There is a BIG difference from me saying that it could be kept private compared to YOUR version of sinning and hell.
I don't even think its a "sin" so I have no clue where you got this from.
Why would you think this anyways?  ???

Because quite honestly I am a very moral Jewish woman, you are making it sound so loose to even be touched by a man.

My rabbi has even touched me in public. Does that make it bad as well? No its called being a human.

I touch people everyday in public, I have people coming and hugging me. Some oh yes get the stones out! They even kiss me. Does that make me a scarlet woman?

On well then it must, because every day I hug and kiss a fella who is not my husband, he is my baby nephew and trust me I don't care whos looking.

I still feel that you are taking it too far and you don't see the point.
I never wrote that it was horribly wrong! I don't understand WHY you insist on turning this into "scarlet woman" and "sins" and "hell"
Was I talking about that?? NO!
I just said it was good to not touch for privacy reasons regarding the laws of Niddah BUT that some people might not care for the privacy of it. I didn't say people should never touch under penalty of whatever, I said SOME people prefer not to, other prefer to touch.
THIS is soooooooooooooo much more different to what you are now saying.
I DON'T understand WHY you are turning into an argument over how you touch people. I don't care what you do or who touches you, it doesn't concern me OR anything I wrote about.
I still can't believe you've taken this the wrong way, its kind of painful for me to read all this and how some opinions about choosing to not touch are being turned into "hell" and "A Scarlet woman"
Who do you think I am? Someone who condemns people for touching in public?  :'( WOW I CAN'T believe this.

I am sorry Mills but thats exactly what it sounded like to me. And I am not turning this into an argument can't I state my thoughts here any more.

Just Great!

Kiwi

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2008, 12:42:36 AM »

I am sorry Mills but thats exactly what it sounded like to me. And I am not turning this into an argument can't I state my thoughts here any more.

Just Great!

Come on! Out of EVERYONE in the forum, just YOU took it this way?

And where did you get the "hell" from anyways? I personally feel attacked. I feel that my words were being changed.  But that is all I will say on the matter.
BUT I am sure many others will agree that my post was NOT condemning ANYONE who "touches" I said it was a choice to either protect the privacy or not. YOU are the one who went off topic and started to say "hell" and "scarlet woman" which when one looks at the post is completely out of place.
And you disregard the fact that I DO NOT care if men and women touch! Since its a choice and I don't want people to be forced to do things they don't want. You can touch men in public for all I care.
I am shocked. That's all I will say on the topic. But I wont forget.
But when you go around taking things out of context in a manner that makes people feel that their words were changed and keep at it, its kind of like....arguing.
But I made my point, everyone knows how I feel and wont argue the matter.

My fellow JTFers,  YOU be the judges....was my post condemning those who touch to "hell"? I don't think so.

I will drop it.

Whatever Mills.

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2008, 12:42:55 AM »
besides is not the concept of "hell" a christian concept anyways. We will be judged on our actions and inactions according to Torah. But "Hell" I do not think so im my best I love lucy cuban accent.
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Kiwi

« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2008, 12:43:11 AM »
Skippy, no offense but you TOTALLY took this the wrong way and I was NOT even mentioning "hell" WTH?
I was just saying to NOT touch for privacy reasons. There is a BIG difference from me saying that it could be kept private compared to YOUR version of sinning and hell.

Because quite honestly I am a very moral Jewish woman, you are making it sound so loose to even be touched by a man.

My rabbi has even touched me in public. Does that make it bad as well? No its called being a human.

I touch people everyday in public, I have people coming and hugging me. Some oh yes get the stones out! They even kiss me. Does that make me a scarlet woman?

On well then it must, because every day I hug and kiss a fella who is not my husband, he is my baby nephew and trust me I don't care whos looking.

I never wrote that it was horribly wrong! I don't understand WHY you insist on turning this into "scarlet woman" and "sins" and "hell"
I just said it was good to not touch for privacy reasons regarding the laws of Niddah BUT that some people might not care for the privacy of it. I didn't say people should never touch under penalty of whatever, I said SOME people prefer not to, other prefer to touch.
I DON'T understand WHY you are turning into an argument over how you touch people. I don't care what you do or who touches you, it doesn't concern me OR anything I wrote about.
I still can't believe you've taken this the wrong way, its kind of painful for me to read all this and how some opinions about choosing to not touch are being turned into "hell" and "A Scarlet woman"
Who do you think I am? Someone who condemns people for touching in public?  :'( WOW I CAN'T believe this.

Just Great!

Skippy, take a deep breath.

Take a jump

Joe Schmo

« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2008, 12:43:31 AM »

Just Great!

Come on! Out of EVERYONE in the forum, just YOU took it this way?

And where did you get the "hell" from anyways? I personally feel attacked. I feel that my words were being changed.  But that is all I will say on the matter.
BUT I am sure many others will agree that my post was NOT condemning ANYONE who "touches" I said it was a choice to either protect the privacy or not. YOU are the one who went off topic and started to say "hell" and "scarlet woman" which when one looks at the post is completely out of place.
And you disregard the fact that I DO NOT care if men and women touch! Since its a choice and I don't want people to be forced to do things they don't want. You can touch men in public for all I care.
I am shocked. That's all I will say on the topic. But I wont forget.
But when you go around taking things out of context in a manner that makes people feel that their words were changed and keep at it, its kind of like....arguing.
But I made my point, everyone knows how I feel and wont argue the matter.

My fellow JTFers,  YOU be the judges....was my post condemning those who touch to "hell"? I don't think so.

I will drop it.

Mills, I COMPLETELY understand what you're saying.

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2008, 12:45:00 AM »
Okay boys and girls lets try and behave as adults for our Guest and Enemies. TY in advance.
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Kiwi

« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2008, 12:45:58 AM »

Just Great!

Take a jump

Wow!  You're So angry.

I'm SO happy.

Freak

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2008, 11:14:00 AM »
besides is not the concept of "hell" a christian concept anyways. We will be judged on our actions and inactions according to Torah. But "Hell" I do not think so im my best I love lucy cuban accent.

Christians are also judged based on their actions according to the Bible... but holding hands isn't really one of the requirements for hell lol. But back in the old days couples didn't hold hands, my 100 year old aunt told me that  :)

Joe Schmo

« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2008, 11:19:15 AM »

Just Great!

Take a jump

Wow!  You're So angry.

I'm SO happy.

Freak

Thank you.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2008, 11:53:58 AM »
Come on Skippy, calm down.. this always happens with you...

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2008, 05:07:27 PM »
Actually there is a concept of Hell, but it's more of a Purgatory...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Kiwi

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2008, 07:17:41 PM »
Come on Skippy, calm down.. this always happens with you...

Thanks Vito always knew you would jump on the band wagon too..........

Kiwi

« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2008, 07:19:22 PM »

Which many say we live in, rather than doing there when we die.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2008, 08:35:44 PM »

Not most, though.  This is how Rebbetzin Lori Palatnik explained it (this is how it was told to her husband when they were in Toronto):

"Do you have World-Class hospitals in Toronto?"

"Yes, we actually do have several World-Class hospitals."

"Are you happy for the fact that you have World-Class hospitals."

"Yes, I am."

"So, tell me - would you like to have to check in to one of those World-Class hospitals?"...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.

Kiwi

« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2008, 10:23:42 PM »

Not most, though.  This is how Rebbetzin Lori Palatnik explained it (this is how it was told to her husband when they were in Toronto):

"Yes, I am."

"So, tell me - would you like to have to check in to one of those World-Class hospitals?"...

Why would you want to be in canada in the first place  ::)

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2008, 10:50:54 PM »

"Yes, I am."

That's a question for her, not me.

Kiwi

« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2008, 10:52:55 PM »

"Yes, I am."

Could you pass it on I don't know her

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2008, 11:07:50 PM »

"Yes, I am."

Could you pass it on I don't know her
I don't know her either.  She has a video blog on aish.com.