Author Topic: Our Last Chance To Stop McCain Is Probably In Florida  (Read 7032 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Our Last Chance To Stop McCain Is Probably In Florida
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2008, 04:12:53 PM »
Romney won't get North West Floridas vote, it's all Southern baptist here.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2008, 05:00:53 PM »
Isn't there a chance Giuliani might siphon enough leftists from McCain in FL to cause him to lose? He has really been focusing on Florida.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2008, 05:37:09 PM »
Honestly I don't think Huckabee is totally out of it yet but I think he has little or no room for error. In the end I don't really know if he can pull it off. Chaim knows whats best but I think we should still try to support Huckabee and hedge our bets with Romney. I think Chaim was correct taking all the anti Romney videos down. I really believe that this election cycle will have a few more surprises in it for us yet so I think its best not to pin all our hopes one guy. Right now my goal is to see McCain does not get the nomination.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2008, 05:40:41 PM »
Chaim let us know where we should go next to comment. Do you have any blogs or forums in mind so we can post as a group?
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2008, 07:21:41 PM »
McCain must be stopped before it's too late, or we will be saying President Hitlery and Vice President Osama.
Everyone stop the Romney bashing.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2008, 03:10:03 AM »
The zombies on Free Republic are still supporting Thompson.  Go figure.

The bastard was doing John McCains bidding.  HE was the reason Huckabee lost.  Now it's a Romney/McCain race, and Romney is not as bad as McCain.

Some people at FreeRepublic supported Duncan Hunter.  The ones who supported Thompson or still support Thompson were/are fools because they thought he was conservative.  When he was in the senate, he was friends with McCain. 

Thompson endorsed McCain in 2000 and will probably drop out soon and endorse him again.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2008, 03:18:36 AM »
Romney is in deep trouble because McCain's ground operation is now entirely headed by the Bush/Rove people, whose cronies populate the GOP establishment. This establishment, armed with funding and high-ranking politicians on the local level are willing to back him because:

A) They feel as though it is 'his turn'. Bush vs. McCain in South Carolina 2000 was one of the nastiest primaries in history, with McCain being on the receiving end of well-documented abuse/humiliation. Just as Skull and Bones members were initiated by rituals involving unnatural acts, McCain took his like a pro, so to speak, refusing to publicly blow the whistle on the Bush campaign's antics. He knew it was too late to do so.

B) McCain will enhance Bush's legacy. With the Iraq War and its handling being the biggest scar on Bush's legacy, McCain's unyielding commitment to the troop surge will benefit this.

C) They are prepared to back a lost cause. The lion's share of the money raised between the nomination and the election will be spent on keeping establishment politicians and their allies on the local level well-staffed, re-elected, and otherwise content. Romney's only it for himself...so even though he also is a lost cause, he wouldn't cooperate with that particular aim.

BUSH OWNS FLORIDA. WATCH OUT MITT!

"The lion's share of the money raised between the nomination and the election will be spent on keeping establishment politicians and their allies on the local level well-staffed, re-elected, and otherwise content. Romney's only it for himself...so even though he also is a lost cause, he wouldn't cooperate with that particular aim."

Could you explain more about that?  Does it mean that they want to raise money for Mel Martinez, a senator from Florida?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2008, 03:25:08 AM »

The pundits seem to think he is not out of it yet but South Carolina should have been a win for him. It shows he needs to try something different and quick.

Huckabee thinks talking about an opponent is "attacking" an opponent and he's against doing that.  So I don't think he pointed out to people in SC how McCain twice voted against a ban on gay marriage.

The gap between support from evangelical voters in SC wasn't that big.
I think McCain tricked some of them into believing that they could trust him on issues like abortion and marriage.  Huckabee should have criticized how McCain twice voted against a ban on gay marriage.

On the other hand, of non evangelical voters in SC, McCain won decisively. 

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2008, 03:35:46 AM »
If Larry Flynt drops out, Huckabee might have some chance left. Fraud got more than half of the votes that Mike got (16%). If that oxygen-parasite had not been in the race, Huckabee would have handily beaten Hanoi John.

Why do you call Thompson, Larry Flynt?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2008, 03:37:23 AM »

You live in Florida? 

Tell us which districts are Republican and how to best reach
voters in those districts.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2008, 03:47:08 AM »
I think the media is stupid. They decide who wins based on exaggerating on the winner while ignoring the reality of delegates. For example, Hitlery "won" in Nevada by the popular vote (Meaning they voted for her name.) but Osama won more delegates because more people voted for his delegates. I think it's stupid how the ballots list candidates and their delegates separately. It just confuses people. And because the campaigns get front loaded by the media, only 4 or 5 primaries that the media makes a big deal out of actually count towards anything so they are disenfranchising millions of voters.

You're correct.  Usually after the first couple primaries, most
candidates drop out and there's only a couple left and the nomination
is close to being decided.  The reason so many states
moved up their primary date for this election cycle is
because they wanted their state to have a say in who gets
nominated in each party.  Each state feels like it deserves
an equal say.  But then Iowa and NH both moved their
Caucus and Primary up because they think they have
a special right to always be the first states that vote.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2008, 04:23:46 AM »
Here's the updated estimated total delegate distribution:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_of_the_2008_Republican_presidential_primaries

Florida is expected to be worth about 57.  So it's important that McCain be defeated there. 

If Huckabee wins Florida, McCain will be behind both he and Romney..  If Romney wins, he'll remain ahead of McCain in delegates.  If Giuliani wins Florida, he'll be above McCain in delegates and Romney will still be ahead of McCain. 

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2008, 04:24:56 AM »
Isn't there a chance Giuliani might siphon enough leftists from McCain in FL to cause him to lose? He has really been focusing on Florida.

Supposedly, some people already voted already with absentee ballots.  Due to his spending a lot of time there, maybe Rudy got some of those votes.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2008, 06:19:59 AM »

Why do you call Thompson, Larry Flynt?
Have you ever heard him talk?

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2008, 12:20:19 PM »
I think Huckabee may still be able to pull it off. I mean, he has the second most delegates behind Romney. We can't really bet on that though.

Defeating McCain should be the number one priority.

Yes, we must stop McCain for our #1 priority O0

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2008, 05:03:24 PM »

You live in Florida? 

Tell us which districts are Republican and how to best reach
voters in those districts.

I live in Okaloosa County, all regions in the panhandle are very conservative. Actually i've seen a few mixed signs, many are for Mccain, I've only seen a few that support Romney as he isn't popular amongst the religious here, and Ron Paul being pretty popular amongst the younger crowd.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2008, 01:05:55 PM »

I live in Okaloosa County, all regions in the panhandle are very conservative. Actually i've seen a few mixed signs, many are for Mccain, I've only seen a few that support Romney as he isn't popular amongst the religious here, and Ron Paul being pretty popular amongst the younger crowd.

Thanks for the info.  Update us with what you find out.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2008, 09:14:33 PM »
Here in Orlando, I've been seeing mostly signs for Huckabee. I did see a few signs for McCain.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2008, 10:11:23 PM »
WE NEED TO ALSO CONCENTRATE ON ATTACKING OBAMA. HE'S GAINING MOMENTUM EVERY DAY!  

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2008, 03:33:10 AM »
WE NEED TO ALSO CONCENTRATE ON ATTACKING OBAMA. HE'S GAINING MOMENTUM EVERY DAY!  

I think he will make it very easy for the GOP candidate to win in November. If anything, we should promote him until Clinton is out. Whomever the GOP candidate will be, he will have no trouble winning Obama. Clinton will be harder.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2008, 09:47:53 PM »
   This is bad. It looks like McCain won Florida. If McCain gets too much of an advantage, does this mean we'll have to hope for Hitlery over Osama. We can't support either one, but by default one of them will have to default McCain. Who can we support? We're going to need a third party candidate.
   This whole election was run poorly. States should have not been allowed to vote at different times. Given that they were, they should not have been stripped of delegates. I'm upset now.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2008, 10:05:44 PM »
It's going to be McCain and Hiltery, where do I learn to speak Mexican and what is the peso worth now?

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2008, 10:11:22 PM »
   This is bad. It looks like McCain won Florida. If McCain gets too much of an advantage, does this mean we'll have to hope for Hitlery over Osama. We can't support either one, but by default one of them will have to default McCain. Who can we support? We're going to need a third party candidate.
   This whole election was run poorly. States should have not been allowed to vote at different times. Given that they were, they should not have been stripped of delegates. I'm upset now.

Official support for any democrat on the forums is not wise, and it's already pushing my limits based on the fact we went from support Guiliani to Huckabee to Romney. Might as well be voting for a democrat if the official stance is to support Romney.

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2008, 10:12:53 PM »
Convert some of your money to gold so you can get out of the country when they start killing Jews in the US.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2008, 10:15:02 PM »
Convert some of your money to gold so you can get out of the country when they start killing Jews in the US.

I'm not running. The world wants us packed in Israel so they can attack us.