Poll

What is Important in a fight to survive?

A bigger weapon?
1 (12.5%)
Get Lucky?
0 (0%)
More Training and Experience?
5 (62.5%)
Mindset I am going to live?
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: The MOST IMPORTANT thing in a fight!  (Read 4224 times)

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
The MOST IMPORTANT thing in a fight!
« on: January 21, 2008, 01:51:35 PM »
I am not sure if anyone has been in a violent confrontation. I think that this topic is necessary for this section.

The most important item you will ever need to survive a confrontation is......
When I was in the Academy. We were taught that you can not lose your mental awareness and focus. This is to say you have to keep something in your mind that you want to come back too and to live for.

Be it a wife, kids, job, country, mission, etc.....  That is why someone is to speak with you at all times while waiting or enroute to a  hospital to keep you focused on living.

BUT you should always avoid a fight if possible and always be aware of your surroundings and know where the exits are at all times.
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Kiwi

Re: The MOST IMPORTANT thing in a fight!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 07:13:06 PM »
Mindset is most important.

Like last night I was attacked around midnight I was shopping going back to the car hands full, no weapons, single male pulls a knife blah blah blah end result I am unharmed.

Why simply because my mindset was that  was not going to be. Most attackers are cowards.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 07:42:39 PM »

Like last night I was attacked around midnight I was shopping going back to the car hands full, no weapons, single male pulls a knife blah blah blah end result I am unharmed.

Why simply because my mindset was that  was not going to be. Most attackers are cowards.

;)

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 10:18:58 PM »

Training and experience is MOST important! What would you rather have, COMPETENCE, or, CONFIDENCE? Well I'd rather have COMPETENCE. All the confidence in the world isn't going to give you the ability to acomplish anything if you don't know what you are doing.  8)
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 10:25:28 PM »
training helps in mindset
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 11:32:46 PM »

I hope you're doing ok. 

Joe Schmo

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 11:38:49 PM »

Very interesting.

You said that where you lived, men know how to control themselves.  What about this one who attacked you? 

How can you be so indifferent after being attacked at knifepoint?

Kiwi

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 11:44:51 PM »

I hope you're doing ok. 

I am doing ok thanks Lisa, just having to go through the Police thing not fun.

Kiwi

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 11:52:42 PM »

Very interesting.

You said that where you lived, men know how to control themselves.  What about this one who attacked you? 

He was after money and massively picked the wrong woman.

I am used to being attacked, why would this be any different?

Honestly people attacking with guns and knifes don't really worry me, its if they do it with a needle thats different.

My trainning makes me indifferent

Joe Schmo

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 11:57:26 PM »

Very interesting.

Honestly people attacking with guns and knifes don't really worry me, its if they do it with a needle thats different.

You're invincible, aren't you, Skippy?

Kiwi

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 12:10:56 AM »

Very interesting.

You're invincible, aren't you, Skippy?

NO but I never let my enemies know my weak points.

People that think they are invincible often end up in a body bag.