Author Topic: I'm a young guy, I have a girlfriend and we want to marry!  (Read 50975 times)

Offline dibblah

• Full JTFer
Re: I'm a Catholic but I have a Jewish girlfriend and we want to marry
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2008, 09:48:52 PM »
MarZutra

Thank you for your kind words on the last and un-related post to this (The great Revd. et al).

To address your last point on this subject:

If my Sunday school education of the Tennach and the Tower of Babel scripture will assist me and my limited biblical knowledge correct, then what we faced was a punishment from God. He broke the tower in an almighty thunderclap and all the men from different nations could no longer communicate with each other. Mistrust and division quickly spread and the word of God was disputed by all. From that point forward Man as from the seed of Adam and Eve and as the decendants of Issac and Abraham could no longer be as one in their thoughts words and deeds.

I believe, in my very humble opinion that this is the challenge that God has given us on Earth: Transcend the language and intricacies of your religion and learn to join wholeheartedly with your fellow man. Join with them on the righteous laws that were given to us in the 10 commandments and evolve your union from here. Accept no less and demand no more. Never concede to a subversion of the truth, or an evil and aggressive faith; for this is not who God is or wants us to be.

If we ever manage to achieve this then I truly believe that we would have fulfilled God's will for us on Earth.

If others of our fellow men are slow to see this then we must have patience and faith and draw them to us by reason and love rather than the sword.

The Jews were given this Holy responsibility, they alone were tasked with leading man towards heaven. Then came the Christians and thereafter the Muslims. -The job for the Jews suddenly became that much harder.

Fundamentally, if you were a hermit, or exile and you never had teaching from a mosque, church or synagogue, but yet you were a "GOOD" person who helped everyone when you could, protected your own and sacrificed unreservedly, without promise of a reward in hevean, then you would be welcomed into the arms of God.

I believe that this is the story that all men who were exiled from the Tower of Babel knew before they left but could not effectively communicate to others once the tower had been destroyed.

Peace on Earth will happen when all religions and peoples and agnostics and Humanists acknowledge this as God's Law. We are a spiritual being on a physical trip, that is short.. Let us not forget.

Dibbs Nutz.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2008, 10:13:22 PM »
Dibblah,
Have her talk to Rabbi Kesselman:
44-20-8361-3044

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline dibblah

• Full JTFer
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2008, 10:30:27 PM »
Thank you- "There are no Israeli Arabs"

I appreciate you're advice throughout- are you an Orthodox Jew? and can I ask what is the difference from an Orthodox Jew to a non-Orthodox Jew?

-The short answer will suffice...-Thanks :)

PS.- OdKahaneChai- I will pass on the number; it is a Rabbi from Golders Green Yes?- But first you must promise me not to make this a family issue they are a very respected family in the community.. It would do more harm than good.- Pls give me your word, I have done all I can so far in good faith.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2008, 10:39:11 PM »
Thank you- "There are no Israeli Arabs"

I appreciate you're advice throughout- are you an Orthodox Jew? and can I ask what is the difference from an Orthodox Jew to a non-Orthodox Jew?

-The short answer will suffice...-Thanks :)

PS.- OdKahaneChai- I will pass on the number; it is a Rabbi from Golders Green Yes?- But first you must promise me not to make this a family issue they are a very respected family in the community.. It would do more harm than good.- Pls give me your word, I have done all I can so far in good faith.
Dibblah,
I am not familiar with the London area, but that is the Chabad Rabbi in Southgate (I don't know him personally).  And I'm not sure exactly what you meant by "not to make this a family issue."  If she is having trouble understanding the issue with a Jew marrying a non-Jew, he is a great person to talk to. 

And the difference between an "Orthodox" Jew and a "non-Orthodox" Jew is that the former fulfills (or does as much as he can to fulfill) the obligations given to him by G-d, in the Torah, and the latter does not.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.

Offline dibblah

• Full JTFer
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2008, 11:09:24 PM »
Dear OdKahaneChai,

I am making the assumption that you are a Rabbi yourself?- Thank you for your counsel and the Rabbi contact in Southgate.-I am assuming he is like a Priest and cannot breach the sacricanty of the confessional?

I will pass this number to my girlfriend tommorow. Doubtless she will be reading these posts.
It is not inconcievable to me that she will not be clear with this; obviously this has happened to you before,... so what should I say to her then? Is it best that I break contact, and never communicate again? Should I visist the Rabbi myself in this case? Will he see me?

- I need to know what will happen... This has become very involved....

I had it planned that following tommorrow, we could both either end this now or some time in the future and be done with it in the best way. It seems that now there's a mountain left to climb.

Ultimately I just want to do the right thing by both of us and I will be strong.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2008, 11:13:58 PM »
MarZutra

Thank you for your kind words on the last and un-related post to this (The great Revd. et al).

To address your last point on this subject:

If my Sunday school education of the Tennach and the Tower of Babel scripture will assist me and my limited biblical knowledge correct, then what we faced was a punishment from G-d. He broke the tower in an almighty thunderclap and all the men from different nations could no longer communicate with each other. Mistrust and division quickly spread and the word of G-d was disputed by all. From that point forward Man as from the seed of Adam and Eve and as the decendants of Issac and Abraham could no longer be as one in their thoughts words and deeds.

I believe, in my very humble opinion that this is the challenge that G-d has given us on Earth: Transcend the language and intricacies of your religion and learn to join wholeheartedly with your fellow man. Join with them on the righteous laws that were given to us in the 10 commandments and evolve your union from here. Accept no less and demand no more. Never concede to a subversion of the truth, or an evil and aggressive faith; for this is not who G-d is or wants us to be.

If we ever manage to achieve this then I truly believe that we would have fulfilled G-d's will for us on Earth.

If others of our fellow men are slow to see this then we must have patience and faith and draw them to us by reason and love rather than the sword.

The Jews were given this Holy responsibility, they alone were tasked with leading man towards heaven. Then came the Christians and thereafter the Muslims. -The job for the Jews suddenly became that much harder.

Fundamentally, if you were a hermit, or exile and you never had teaching from a mosque, church or synagogue, but yet you were a "GOOD" person who helped everyone when you could, protected your own and sacrificed unreservedly, without promise of a reward in hevean, then you would be welcomed into the arms of G-d.

I believe that this is the story that all men who were exiled from the Tower of Babel knew before they left but could not effectively communicate to others once the tower had been destroyed.

Peace on Earth will happen when all religions and peoples and agnostics and Humanists acknowledge this as G-d's Law. We are a spiritual being on a physical trip, that is short.. Let us not forget.

Dibbs Nutz.
In a way I agree with you but one must always remember that G-d created all different not the same and not "equal".  G-d created different races for a reason as he did different plants, species etc.  G-d lays it out pretty accurate as to how all humanity can live in peace via the 7 laws of Noah and the Principles handed down at Sinai for Israel. 

This, I think is the crux of the problem as all the other major ideologies contort or contradict these basic Laws of G-d.  Most certainly Mohammad and Islam, Marx/Engles and Communism, Socrates/Plato and his Humanism etc.  imo...

Good luck and be well...
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2008, 11:31:46 PM »
Dear OdKahaneChai,

I am making the assumption that you are a Rabbi yourself?- Thank you for your counsel and the Rabbi contact in Southgate.-I am assuming he is like a Priest and cannot breach the sacricanty of the confessional?

I will pass this number to my girlfriend tommorow. Doubtless she will be reading these posts.
It is not inconcievable to me that she will not be clear with this; obviously this has happened to you before,... so what should I say to her then? Is it best that I break contact, and never communicate again? Should I visist the Rabbi myself in this case? Will he see me?

- I need to know what will happen... This has become very involved....

I had it planned that following tommorrow, we could both either end this now or some time in the future and be done with it in the best way. It seems that now there's a mountain left to climb.

Ultimately I just want to do the right thing by both of us and I will be strong.
Dibblah,

First of all, I am not a Rabbi (although I hope to become one eventually), so I can't tell you exactly what to do.  Perhaps it it best if you speak to Rabbi Kesselman, and explain the situation, before you have her talk to him.  If she refuses to talk to him (is this what you're asking?  I don't see why she would), the I suppose you would have to explain to her yourself that it is not appropriate under any circumstances for a non-Jew to marry a Jew, and that the relationship has to end.

You're a good man, dibblah.  Take care...

Offline dibblah

• Full JTFer
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2008, 12:00:03 AM »
OdKahaneChai,

Thanks for that.- Much appreciated my friend. I sincerley hope you are made a Rabbi, if this is your wish.

I have passed on the feedback and contacts you have given and engaged in a respectful way, at this stage I can do no more. I have asked her repeatedly to speak with her rabbi but it seems there is a lack of willingness to do so. This relationship was not public knowledge to the other families and I think she is afraid that it may be so if she discusses this issue with other people.

To DW-I feel bad darling, I feel I have "mugged" you somewhat with this official line.- What started out as a genuine enquiry has developed into something much more involved. -  I'm sorry sweetheart- Please forgive me...I just want whats right for everyone...

How can I put this to you without sounding trite?- When she told me she was Jewish I felt good because I knew the union was not blessed by both our religions but I knew it felt "right" none-the-less. -That's it. ENDEX.

Offline Salty German

• New JTFer
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2008, 04:16:46 PM »
By getting married you will lose the love of the Blessed Virgin.

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2008, 06:05:02 PM »

BY getting married you gain the love of a woman, and love of your family to be.

Where does it state this blessed virgin I assume you mean Mary, loses favour with you.

After all she was married.  ::)

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2008, 09:46:28 PM »

Is this supposed to be a joke?

Well... Catholics who are respectful of Judaism would feel this way. The "Blessed Virgin" is revered by Catholics and give her a respected place as the mother of jesus. Some would believe that she would approve of two catholics getting married but not get her approval if they marry someone not of their religion who's not a Christian.
I don't know about loosing her "love" I would just say that Catholics would believe that she would not approve, is all.

Well thats correct it not acceptable in the church to marry a non Catholic. But now a days with the modernization of the Church it is becoming more acceptable.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2008, 05:55:27 AM »

Is this supposed to be a joke?

Check his other posts.... it's Fruit.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2008, 07:07:40 AM »
He hasn't talked about Black men and White women yet  :::D

Offline Salty German

• New JTFer
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2008, 07:47:22 AM »
What does 'Fruit' mean?

Who is Nic Brookes?  I have no idea who he is.  I think he is more than a little misguided.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2008, 07:59:17 AM »
Mary was Jewish why would she care
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2008, 10:42:50 AM »
Are you sure Mord?  I thought Mary was a "Pal-stinian".  According to PLO/A Emperor Arafat Jesus too was a "Pal-stinian"......  I think for the past 2000 years Christians have been totally wrong and their Bible, along with the Jewish Bible are nothing but anti-Pal-stinian-Arab-Muslim propaganda because not once does either of the two mention the land of the Palest-ian People....  Propaganda...  You bunch of racists.... ???
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2008, 12:25:50 PM »
Are you sure Mord?  I thought Mary was a "Pal-stinian".  According to PLO/A Emperor Arafat Jesus too was a "Pal-stinian"......  I think for the past 2000 years Christians have been totally wrong and their Bible, along with the Jewish Bible are nothing but anti-Pal-stinian-Arab-Muslim propaganda because not once does either of the two mention the land of the Palest-ian People....  Propaganda...  You bunch of racists.... ???
THATS TRUE ;)
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2008, 01:13:25 PM »
What does 'Fruit' mean?

Who is Nic Brookes?  I have no idea who he is.  I think he is more than a little misguided.

sorry, it must be said

LOL

Offline Salty German

• New JTFer
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2008, 03:38:27 PM »
What does 'Fruit' mean?

sorry, it must be said

LOL

You sound like a masterfully eloquent person.

Do you have a comprehensive school education?

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2008, 04:12:32 PM »
Nearly all religions forbids intermarriage. But in case of Jews and Gentiles, the problem is not only the different beliefs, but also the different souls. A Noahide is not of different beliefs from a Jew. They keep the same Torah, though Torah itself orders different mitzvot for them. However a Noahide is also forbidden to marry a Jew. If a Gentile marries a Jew, it's not only the Jew who is harmed, the Gentile also. A Gentile needs a Gentile mate.
You can get a civil "marriage" certificate but you are not married. That certificate would be nothing more than a piece of paper with a lie written on it, so you and your "wife" will be still single and just have sex outside marriage.
And if you have children with a Jewess, they will be 100% Jewish and I suppose they will be only her children, not yours.
Now, regarding beliefs, why are you Catholic and why wouldn't abandon your faith? I suppose that's because you truly believe that you need Jesus and the Church to save your soul. Then why would you allow your children to be brought up as Jews? According to YOUR beliefs, your children would not have eternal life. And if you think a person can have eternal life without Jesus, just believing in Hashem, the Holy One, as the Torah commands, why don't you accept Torah now, and do what Torah tells to Gentiles? (Torah has a way for Gentiles, that is The Seven Noahide Laws). Why dont you become a Noahide? However, as I have written above, even being a Noahide, you can't marry a Jew. That's not a prohibition, it's a natural law. Marriage doesn't exist unless both are Jews, or both are Gentiles.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2008, 05:42:27 PM »
What does 'Fruit' mean?

sorry, it must be said

LOL

You sound like a masterfully eloquent person.

Do you have a comprehensive school education?

No. I attended a single gender school. What is your opinion on these establishments?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2008, 06:17:48 PM »

LOL.
But ever since her son's followers spread Christianity, she's sided with them.

But as a mother would you not love your own child regardless what they have done?

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2008, 07:20:56 PM »
Hi,

Re: The above:

I am a confirmed and practising Catholic but I meet and join with a Jewish girl; religion never having come between us in our courtship. We want to marry and are both understanding and respecting each others' faith...What do we do? and how do we in the eyes of our G-d make things right?

Would appreciate your thoughts/suggestions?
Not allowed no matter what. Show your Jewish girldfriend this video

http://kolyakov.org/rav_mizrachi.html
"01/08/08 Intermarriage"
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2008, 07:25:18 PM »
Hi,

I am a confirmed and practising Catholic but I meet and join with a Jewish girl; religion never having come between us in our courtship. We want to marry and are both understanding and respecting each others' faith...What do we do? and how do we in the eyes of our G-d make things right?

"01/08/08 Intermarriage"
Let her watch something a bit shorter first...

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2008, 07:33:17 PM »
Hi,

"01/08/08 Intermarriage"
Let her watch something a bit shorter first...

What do you mean? What else is their to watch? Anyway the link I posted is very good and allways gives good facts. Most others many times talk nicer and use politically correct things and may not allways show the "frightining" aspects of the consequences. Learning from Rabbi Mizrahi you get the facts even if they seem scary, but the truth is the truth, he brings down the sources and after one sees he and she can still decide, BUT they will be aware about the deep consequences about their evil actions.  And because of that thousands have been influenced in heading and doing positive things with their life, and changing their life completly, keeping the Mitzvot and following G-d, BUT if only love, love love is shown. Or someone preches lets follow G-d when it is convenient for us, etc. + keeping away and not revealing many of the consequences and the sources that speak about it (for all the subjects including intermarriage, breaking Shabb-t, etc.), then it is a very terrible sin, and it could be that those speakers will also share in the punishment for not teaching people the proper path to change.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 07:38:08 PM by Tzvi Ben Roshel »
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/