Author Topic: Spanish pejorative for black?  (Read 1797 times)

newman

Spanish pejorative for black?
« on: February 26, 2008, 04:48:14 AM »
Anybody know what the pejorative word for 'black' is in spanish?

Online Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
Re: Spanish pejorative for black?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 11:09:49 PM »
I would use the word "mono" which is Spanish for monkey.

Just Erica

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 03:53:29 AM »
Yes, you would. ::)

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 05:33:20 AM »
I thinks it's Moro cous the first blacks Spanairds encountered were muslimes.
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Online Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 12:48:54 AM »
Yes, you would. ::)

Erica, are you trying to put me on the defensive? Alright, I'll bite the bait.

I don't think that blacks are monkeys. I may disagree at times with the degradation of black people, but I understand it. I find it humorous and really refreshing in this overly politically correct world where blacks are made out to be gods. Although, personally, I don't get any real nachas (joy) from it. A little insight into my life will reveal that I'm not anti-black or have anything against black people. This girl that I'm very close friends with is half black and Jewish. In the past I've said emphatically that I respect you. I strongly disagree with the views that you espouse to the point of repugnance, but as a person I respect you.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 01:25:32 AM by Yirmiyahu Ben Moshe »