Author Topic: Skippy's statement, for her JTF Friends_  (Read 21863 times)

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
Re: Skippy's statement, for her JTF Friends_
« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2008, 07:39:30 PM »
The only one that brainwashed me is Bernard Lewis.

We don't studie about Muslims at all.

May be you should, know thy enemy.
The teachers will say they are our freinds, I know my leftists teachers. We studie about Europe only from the French revulotion to these days.
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2008, 07:57:20 PM »

The teachers will say they are our freinds, I know my leftists teachers. We studie about Europe only from the French revulotion to these days.
How can you understand Europe, let stand the Jewish history in Europe, if you only study after 1789?!?!
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2008, 08:01:08 PM »

How can you understand Europe, let stand the Jewish history in Europe, if you only study after 1789?!?!
Good question, I have no answere. I studie history myself, I don't know what other people do.
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

newman

« Reply #128 on: January 29, 2008, 08:02:18 PM »
It went backwards because of an invasion by barbarians, not because of it's own stupid ideology like iSSlam did.
Islam also went back because of the Mongol invasion and other things that happend.

Wrong again. Asia has been getting economically stronger but the west is not going back to the 15th century.
The parts of Asia that get stronger, get stronger because they hold in the weastern culture. Asian states that don't have Weastern culture in terms of productivity and other aspects are faltering states.
1/ That proves western cultural superiority.
2/ It still demonstrates that one culture getting stronger doesn't make another one go backward 500 years unless it attacks it.

Nobody denies the fact that iSSlam had a golden age. But it's because of non-muSSlims that they conquered not because of muSSlims.
It's both, don't forget that the people they conquered went through Arabization and converted to Islam and became, infact, Arabs.
That's why after several generations all the science and learning disappeared, those once learned non-muSSlim people were culturally poisoned by iSSlam.
BTW, People cannot change race, only religion. Indonesians are muSSlim-nazis but not arabs. Same for pakrapistanis.

Yes there is. When you learn to drive you'll discover there is forward, neutral and reverse.
That's the best claim and analogy I've ever heard, way the go!
It's a simple but sound analogy.

I don't need to spend hours plucking quotes from the web. A quote from a web page is not proof but just another opinion. I along with the other members here have seen enough documentaries on pay-TV, read enough history books and heard enough historians discuss this issue to know the real truth. Those of us who are dry behind the ears can tell taqqiya from fact.
Well, Mr. Newman, disprove it!
One cannot prove or disprove anything by printing out other peoples opinions. People come on this forum printing out quotes, facts and figures to prove 'the holocaust never happened' but does it prove it? Pedophiles can print out web pages that claim it is 'beneficial for children to have sex with adults before age 8'! Does that 'prove' them right?

I repeat:Europe went backwards because of an invasion by barbarians, not because of it's own stupid ideology like iSSlam did
I repeat as well: Islam went backwards because of an invasion by the Mongols and other reasons.
Even if that was an excuse, they still show no sign of moving forward. Europe was able to 'reform' it's religion and advance. iSSlam is more backward now than 100 years ago.

I repeat: I don't need to spend hours plucking quotes from the web. A quote from a web page is not proof but just another opinion. I along with the other members here have seen enough documentaries on pay-TV, read enough history books and heard enough historians discuss this issue to know the real truth. Those of us who are dry behind the ears can tell taqqiya from fact.
This are not opinions, it's facts. At least give me a proofe for you claims...
One cannot prove or disprove anything by printing out other peoples opinions. People come on this forum printing out quotes, facts and figures to prove 'the holocaust never happened' but does it prove it? Pedophiles can print out web pages that claim it is 'beneficial for children to have sex with adults before age 8'! Does that 'prove' them right?

Try watching some balanced documentaries, listen to Israel National Radio or Radio America. Attend some talks at some universities. You'll hear a contrary view.

Since you want token web pages:

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/Myths-of-Islam.htm#science

There was no unity amongst Europeans..........but they did OK.
The Muslims didn't.
On that we agree. Europeans did OK for themselves despite a lack of unity and constant fighting. What's iSSlam's excuse?

Europe has had wars, plagues, purges.......you name it. An intellectually capable people recover from set backs. A superior culture overcomes catastrophies in time. Europe has, iSSlam has not. Why? Because it is an inferior culture.

Islam recovered of Muhammad's tribal culture, now it needs to become modern, the fact that we live in a time after the weastern recovered and Islam sank doesn't mean that in the future the opposite will happen, you'll never know.
iSSlam shows no sign of moving forward. Europe was able to 'reform' it's religion and advance. iSSlam is more backward now than 100 years ago. The chances of them becoming 'modern' in thought is 1,000,000:1. Any sand-ape who even suggested 'reforming' iSSlam would be killed in a heartbeat.

At any rate, Dexter..............

Cultures capable of invention show an ability to recover lost ground.

The Japanese were feudal in the 19th century but at the first exposure to the west they made up 5 centuries in less than one.

China stalled but has made HUGE advances in less than 25 years!

India was almost destroyed by iSSlam but is now a mnajor centre for IT and bio-tech.

We already know about Europe.

If iSSlam was remotely capable of original thought or invention, don't you think it would show some sign of advancing in the last 500 years? Or certainly since the discovery of oil!

Why is it that China, Japan and India can progress so rapidly but iSSlam (with massive oil wealth) cannot?

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2008, 08:02:35 PM »

Good question, I have no answere. I studie history myself, I don't know what other people do.
The answer is, it is not possible to study the present without studying the past.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2008, 08:04:26 PM »
It went backwards because of an invasion by barbarians, not because of it's own stupid ideology like iSSlam did.
Islam also went back because of the Mongol invasion and other things that happend.

Wrong again. Asia has been getting economically stronger but the west is not going back to the 15th century.
The parts of Asia that get stronger, get stronger because they hold in the weastern culture. Asian states that don't have Weastern culture in terms of productivity and other aspects are faltering states.
2/ It still demonstrates that one culture getting stronger doesn't make another one go backward 500 years unless it attacks it.

Nobody denies the fact that iSSlam had a golden age. But it's because of non-muSSlims that they conquered not because of muSSlims.
It's both, don't forget that the people they conquered went through Arabization and converted to Islam and became, infact, Arabs.
That's why after several generations all the science and learning disappeared, those once learned non-muSSlim people were culturally poisoned by iSSlam.
BTW, People cannot change race, only religion. Indonesians are muSSlim-nazis but not arabs. Same for pakrapistanis.

Yes there is. When you learn to drive you'll discover there is forward, neutral and reverse.
That's the best claim and analogy I've ever heard, way the go!

I don't need to spend hours plucking quotes from the web. A quote from a web page is not proof but just another opinion. I along with the other members here have seen enough documentaries on pay-TV, read enough history books and heard enough historians discuss this issue to know the real truth. Those of us who are dry behind the ears can tell taqqiya from fact.
Well, Mr. Newman, disprove it!

I repeat:Europe went backwards because of an invasion by barbarians, not because of it's own stupid ideology like iSSlam did
I repeat as well: Islam went backwards because of an invasion by the Mongols and other reasons.
Even if that was an excuse, they still show no sign of moving forward. Europe was able to 'reform' it's religion and advance. iSSlam is more backward now than 100 years ago.

I repeat: I don't need to spend hours plucking quotes from the web. A quote from a web page is not proof but just another opinion. I along with the other members here have seen enough documentaries on pay-TV, read enough history books and heard enough historians discuss this issue to know the real truth. Those of us who are dry behind the ears can tell taqqiya from fact.
This are not opinions, it's facts. At least give me a proofe for you claims...

Try watching some balanced documentaries, listen to Israel National Radio or Radio America. Attend some talks at some universities. You'll hear a contrary view.

There was no unity amongst Europeans..........but they did OK.
The Muslims didn't.
On that we agree. Europeans did OK for themselves despite a lack of unity and constant fighting. What's iSSlam's excuse?

Europe has had wars, plagues, purges.......you name it. An intellectually capable people recover from set backs. A superior culture overcomes catastrophies in time. Europe has, iSSlam has not. Why? Because it is an inferior culture.

Islam recovered of Muhammad's tribal culture, now it needs to become modern, the fact that we live in a time after the weastern recovered and Islam sank doesn't mean that in the future the opposite will happen, you'll never know.
iSSlam shows no sign of moving forward. Europe was able to 'reform' it's religion and advance. iSSlam is more backward now than 100 years ago. The chances of them becoming 'modern' in thought is 1,000,000:1. Any sand-ape who even suggested 'reforming' iSSlam would be killed in a heartbeat.

The Japanese were feudal in the 19th century but at the first exposure to the west they made up 5 centuries in less than one.

India was almost destroyed by iSSlam but is now a mnajor centre for IT and bio-tech.

If iSSlam was remotely capable of original thought or invention, don't you think it would show some sign of advancing in the last 500 years? Or certainly since the discovery of oil!

Why is it that China, Japan and India can progress so rapidly but iSSlam (with massive oil wealth) cannot?

:::D :::D
Because the racist Whites and Jews are secretely controlling the Arab leaders, and stealing all the $$ from the Umma!!!

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2008, 08:04:36 PM »

One thing you learn as you get older, teachers are their primary only to teach you HOW to learn. As you get older you can expand your knowledge based.

I have a great belief that you respect and learn from your elders. Book learning is great but ever once compares to life experience.

Once you have that, then you have more tools to review and question the information you have. And then have a greater understanding of the world around you.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2008, 08:18:13 PM »
1. True
2. No, if the Chinese would stick with their culture they would have going back 500 (or something) years backward. The thing is that the Chinese got the weastern culture fast and the only people who still live like Chinese 1000 years ago are the "Second Chinese" - Farmers, poor people etc'.

No, the fact that disproove your claim is that the Arabs conquered the middle east and 500 years after that the Islamic golden age started.

When I was talking about Arabization I was talking about the middle east and north african people, at least most of them.

No, it isn't, because cultures can't be stalled because of the fact that our world is dynemic and there are many cultural meeting that made other cultures move backward or forward.

It's not opinions, it's what actually happened. What I qouted (and some of it wrote by myself) are facts in the Chinese history. If you can show me I qouted wrong facts about the Chinese golden age, great, if you can't, at least admit it.

Every dark age is most of the times very long. We are only in the third century of the Islamic dark age, I hope that the clash of cultures will happen soon and the weasterns will win.

Which is disproved by:
http://www.islam-watch.org/SyedKamranMirza/Nostalgia-of-Islamic-Golden-Age.htm
http://www.cyberistan.org/islamic/
http://discovermagazine.com/2007/jul/science-and-islam
http://www.irfi.org/articles/articles_401_450/golden_age_of_islam.htm

Your link show that Muslims don't have credit about cofee, and Zero, wow.... O0

What's iSSlam's excuse?
The Arab culture.

Because today's Islamic culture is infirior, and all countries that are seccesfull have weastern's state model.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

newman

« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2008, 08:40:28 PM »
1. True
2. No, if the Chinese would stick with their culture they would have going back 500 (or something) years backward. The thing is that the Chinese got the weastern culture fast and the only people who still live like Chinese 1000 years ago are the "Second Chinese" - Farmers, poor people etc'.
But it shows that inventive cultures can advance even by embracing aspects of another culture as the Chinese and Japanese have done. iSSlam is even too backward to do that. So how could they originate any new ideas?

No, the fact that disproove your claim is that the Arabs conquered the middle east and 500 years after that the Islamic golden age started.
And then after benefiting from the knowledge of non-muSSlims it petered out because iSSlam is backward.

When I was talking about Arabization I was talking about the middle east and north african people, at least most of them.
The fact that the now 'arabised/muSSlimised' peoples have never recovered their intellectual edge is proof of iSSlams inability to invent.

No, it isn't, because cultures can't be stalled because of the fact that our world is dynemic and there are many cultural meeting that made other cultures move backward or forward.
Or just stand still as in africa or pre-white Australia and North America.

It's not opinions, it's what actually happened. What I qouted (and some of it wrote by myself) are facts in the Chinese history. If you can show me I qouted wrong facts about the Chinese golden age, great, if you can't, at least admit it.
I don't dispute facts about Chinese history. Just ypour perception of those facts.

Every dark age is most of the times very long. We are only in the third century of the Islamic dark age, I hope that the clash of cultures will happen soon and the weasterns will win.
The european dark age happened with no internet, radio, TV or oil money. Given these advancements you'd think iSSlam would show some sign of moving forward. But it's going BACKWARDS.

Which is disproved by:
http://www.islam-watch.org/SyedKamranMirza/Nostalgia-of-Islamic-Golden-Age.htm
http://www.cyberistan.org/islamic/
http://discovermagazine.com/2007/jul/science-and-islam
http://www.irfi.org/articles/articles_401_450/golden_age_of_islam.htm

Your link show that Muslims don't have credit about cofee, and Zero, wow.... O0
Not disproved. Contrary opinions. Like I said........... If someone puts links to 50 sites claiming the 'haulocaust never happened', it doesn't constitute proof.

What's iSSlam's excuse?
The Arab culture.
No. it's iSSlam. Pakistan is stuffed, too and they're not arab.

Because today's Islamic culture is infirior, and all countries that are seccesfull have weastern's state model.
iSSlamic culture was inferior in 700 CE, 1000CE, 1350CE, 1850CE AND "today".

newman

« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2008, 08:50:14 PM »
In the words of F.R. Rosenthal (The Classical Heritage of Islam): "Islamic rational scholarship, which we have mainly in mind when we speak of the greatness of Muslim civilization, depends in its entirety on classical antiquity . . . Islamic civilization as we know it would simply not have existed without the Greek heritage."

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0415076935/csicop

Ibn Warraq, author of Why I Am Not a Muslim, points out: "Islamic science was founded on the works of the ancient Greeks, and the Muslims are important as the transmitters of Greek (and Hindu) learning that may well have been lost otherwise" (Aristotle, Plato, Galen, Hippocrates, Archimedes, Euclid, Ptolemy). And even so, "most of the translators were Christian."

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0879759844/csicop

Al-Hasan ibn al-Haytham was one of the greatest scientists of medieval Islam, and his "Optics" strongly influenced Kepler. The French philologist Ernest Renan wrote: "A disciple of Maimonides, the Jewish philosopher, relates that he was in Baghdad on business, when the library of a certain philosopher (who died in 1214) was burned there. The preacher, who conducted the execution of the sentence, threw into the flames, with his own hands, an astronomical work of Ibn al-Haitham, after he had pointed to a delineation therein given of the sphere of the earth, as an unhappy symbol of impious Atheism."......

There is also a current line of thought that assumes Islamic science has been "hijacked" by fundamentalists, and that all ills can be conveniently attributed to them. But shifting the burden of anti-science to an isolated hard-core fundamentalist group evades the central issue. Taslima Nasreen had a government warrant issued for her arrest in Bangladesh (for "outraging religious feelings"), and has some experience of official Muslim displeasure. "I don't find any difference between Islam and Islamic fundamentalists," she says. ". . . I need to say that, because some liberals always defend Islam and blame fundamentalists for creating problems."

http://csicop.org/sb/2002-03/inklings.html

Not proof but opinions I happen to share.

Learn the difference.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2008, 08:53:26 PM »
But it shows that inventive cultures can advance even by embracing aspects of another culture as the Chinese and Japanese have done. iSSlam is even too backward to do that. So how could they originate any new ideas?
The Chinese poor people didn't advence, when the Chinese communist did the cultural revulotion it made millions of people killed. The Chinese and Japanese are completly weastern today, that's why they are advanced.

And then after benefiting from the knowledge of non-muSSlims it petered out because iSSlam is backward.
I already showed you things that the Muslims invented by thamselvs.

The fact that the now 'arabised/muSSlimised' peoples have never recovered their intellectual edge is proof of iSSlams inability to invent.
No, it shows what fundementalism can cause. By the way, Iran is in the 9 place in the whole world in math acorrding to Piza test or something like that.

Only Africa and Australia, that's because they never developed something. The north-Arabia pre-Islamic Arabs never advenced because they were always nomads and tribial culturaly, the south-Arabia pre-Islamic Arabs developed pretty good cultures and founded the Ethiopean Empire and Shva kingdom (Queen of Shva..).

I don't dispute facts about Chinese history. Just ypour perception of those facts.
What perception of those facts ?

The european dark age happened with no internet, radio, TV or oil money. Given these advancements you'd think iSSlam would show some sign of moving forward. But it's going BACKWARDS.
Why would the Muslim rich rulers will help their people ? It's all about money.

Not disproved. Contrary opinions. Like I said........... If someone puts links to 50 sites claiming the 'haulocaust never happened', it doesn't constitute proof.
If it's a site from JewWatch, sure, but I gave a link to Discovery Magazine and to The Indenpendent.

You don't have to be Arab ethniclly to hold Arab culture as you don't have to be European to have European culture.

Learn the difference.
I provided facts, and from this facts you can counclude diffrent things, but the facts are facts. Opinion are based on facts or so-called facts, when the facts are wrong, the opinion is wrong, or suppose to be wrong.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2008, 08:57:40 PM »
The Chinese poor people didn't advence, when the Chinese communist did the cultural revulotion it made millions of people killed. The Chinese and Japanese are completly weastern today, that's why they are advanced.

they are not completely Westernised.

No, it shows what fundementalism can cause. By the way, Iran is in the 9 place in the whole world in math acorrding to Piza test or something like that.

Only Africa and Australia, that's because they never developed something. The north-Arabia pre-Islamic Arabs never advenced because they were always nomads and tribial culturaly, the south-Arabia pre-Islamic Arabs developed pretty good cultures and founded the Ethiopean Empire and Shva kingdom (Queen of Shva..).

Why would the Muslim rich rulers will help their people ? It's all about money.

If it's a site from JewWatch, sure, but I gave a link to Discovery Magazine and to The Indenpendent.

You don't have to be Arab ethniclly to hold Arab culture as you don't have to be European to have European culture.
Well, I think it helps.

Learn the difference.
I provided facts, and from this facts you can counclude diffrent things, but the facts are facts. Opinion are based on facts or so-called facts, when the facts are wrong, the opinion is wrong, or suppose to be wrong.

newman

« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2008, 09:20:26 PM »
They are NOT western at all as far as culture goes. Driving motor cars and flying aeroplanes doesn't constitute a western culture. The Japanese put duty and honour above personal wants....that's eastern. The Chinese value the state or collective group as more important than the individual......that's eastern, NOT western. When western leaders talk to the chinese about democracy and human rights the chinese say...."don't force your western values on us. We're not interested".
You and some muSSlim apologists  think they invented them. Others say they did not.

Iran is also number 1 for heroine addiction, so 'so what'?
iSSlam IS fundamentalist. There is NO 'reform' iSSlam and there never has been.

Abbos invented boomerangs and a dreamtime culture as American Indians invented bows & arrows and a religion. But they both STALLED

That they went back centuries. They never lost the knowledge of gunpowder, astrology or navigation that they had. They just ceased to advance any further.

Why would the Muslim rich rulers will help their people ? It's all about money.It was not in the intersts of european rulers or the church for the people to have free thought, yet europeans still advanced. No excuse for the muSSlims.

As I can produce any number of links to essays, books and other matewrial to support my view (on top of the ones I already posted). Spend hours googling and you'll find links to support any view from reputable sources.

But iSSlamic people whose culture is not arabic are backward, too. Not by as much, though.

Learn the difference.
Fact: iSSlam had a golden age.
Oppinion: It was due to iSSlam.

I don't dispute the facts, I dispute your opinion about the facts.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2008, 09:38:58 PM »
They are NOT western at all as far as culture goes. Driving motor cars and flying aeroplanes doesn't constitute a western culture. The Japanese put duty and honour above personal wants....that's eastern. The Chinese value the state or collective group as more important than the individual......that's eastern, NOT western. When western leaders talk to the chinese about democracy and human rights the chinese say...."don't force your western values on us. We're not interested".
The only Chinese and Japanese people that live in a tradionial way are the poor people as I already said. Velues of the acient Chinese and Japanese culture doesn't prove they are not weasterns, those velues are a small part of the velues system the west has endow to the Chinese and the Japanese through globalization, colonialism and the velues the revulotioners espouse as elitism and a support of weastern technology is the most of the culture of the Japanese and Chinese today.

The Chinese don't have the velue of social consolidation anymore. The Chinese are very mixed people and have very diffrent dialects, most of the Chinese live in a primitive way and warlords ideas. China will collapse soon and become to many states, that's my opinion. The Soviet Union was weastern, yet they didn't had democracy and human rights, Nazi Germany and Facist Italy too. When I mean "weastern" I mean technology, elitism and productivity.

You and some muSSlim apologists  think they invented them. Others say they did not.
As, Bernard Lewis, Bat Ye'or and other mainstream researchers and historions ?

What's heroine addiction ?
Islam wasn't always Wahabbism, so it wasn't always like that.

Abbos invented boomerangs and a dreamtime culture as American Indians invented bows & arrows and a religion. But they both STALLED
The pre-White Australian culture wasn't developed, inventing boomerang doesn't show it advenced somewhere, it remain tribial society. The Indians developed kingdoms so they were developing by time too.

That they went back centuries. They never lost the knowledge of gunpowder, astrology or navigation that they had. They just ceased to advance any further.
The Muslims didn't to, you can't lose knoledge unless you destroy it. The Muslims went back by being uncreative as a unique culture and became tribial-muhammad style again.

It was not in the intersts of european rulers or the church for the people to have free thought, yet europeans still advanced. No excuse for the muSSlims.
Because of reform Christian movment and the French revulotion. "French Revulotion" in Iran maybe will happen because most Iranians are against their monkeys, they even burned his pictures infront of him.

As I can produce any number of links to essays, books and other matewrial to support my view (on top of the ones I already posted). Spend hours googling and you'll find links to support any view from reputable sources.
But it's not point of view, it's facts. Bernard Lewis say exectly what I say. Ever read one of his books about Islam's history ?

But iSSlamic people whose culture is not arabic are backward, too. Not by as much, though.
Because Islamic culture is Arab culture by form, that's why many think that Muslim=Arab, always.

I didn't say it was due Islam, it was due to Muslims.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

newman

« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2008, 10:04:12 PM »
The only Chinese and Japanese people that live in a tradionial way are the poor people as I already said. Velues of the acient Chinese and Japanese culture doesn't prove they are not weasterns, those velues are a small part of the velues system the west has endow to the Chinese and the Japanese through globalization, colonialism and the velues the revulotioners espouse as elitism and a support of weastern technology is the most of the culture of the Japanese and Chinese today.

The Chinese don't have the velue of social consolidation anymore. The Chinese are very mixed people and have very diffrent dialects, most of the Chinese live in a primitive way and warlords ideas. China will collapse soon and become to many states, that's my opinion. The Soviet Union was weastern, yet they didn't had democracy and human rights, Nazi Germany and Facist Italy too. When I mean "weastern" I mean technology, elitism and productivity.
Exactly. They have western inventions and  possessions but their mindset/culture is still eastern. Just as orthodox Jews have cars and work at computer factories their culture is still Jewish.

As, Bernard Lewis, Bat Ye'or and other mainstream researchers and historions ?
Mr Charles Brookes, graduate of the University of Texas and the University of Hawaii with two masters' degrees (one in history), professional educator and broadcaster in three continents shares the very views I have expressed. If I had the time to google I could find no end of prestige 'names' who share my view but so could you. so what?

What's heroine addiction ?
Drug addiction. There was a thread about it on the forum.

Islam wasn't always Wahabbism, so it wasn't always like that.
iSSlam always had dihmmitude, slavery, murder, forced conversion and pack-rape. You can put different "ism" lables on it but it doesn't change. Evil is evil. Backward id backward.

The pre-White Australian culture wasn't developed, inventing boomerang doesn't show it advenced somewhere, it remain tribial society. The Indians developed kingdoms so they were developing by time too.
.....and then their developement stalled for centuries. I said 'north american indians, too BTW. Not aztecs, incas etc.
The Muslims didn't to, you can't lose knoledge unless you destroy it. The Muslims went back by being uncreative as a unique culture and became tribial-muhammad style again.
Backward is backward. The culture moved nowhere because it was always primative, their technology disappeared because what you don't invent, you can't maintain.

It was not in the intersts of european rulers or the church for the people to have free thought, yet europeans still advanced. No excuse for the muSSlims.
Because of reform Christian movment and the French revulotion. "French Revulotion" in Iran maybe will happen because most Iranians are against their monkeys, they even burned his pictures infront of him.
The reformation of the church happened centuries before the frog's revolution. As did Britains magna carta and 'common law'. The french revolution had little to do with europes enlightenment. It happened years before then.

But it's not point of view, it's facts. Bernard Lewis say exectly what I say. Ever read one of his books about Islam's history ?
He expresses the same opinions. His facts are not in question. ie; "iSSlam had a golden age" and "islam is now in the dark ages" but opinions as to who was responsible and what caused it's downfall are open to debate.

Because Islamic culture is Arab culture by form, that's why many think that Muslim=Arab, always.
Indonesians, malaysians and Turks don't.

Then you are peddling the same old taqqiya......."it's not true iSSlam, it's a religion of peace....blah blah blah". Nobody believes it. iSSlam is as iSSlamists (muSSlims) do.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #140 on: January 30, 2008, 12:38:33 AM »
Exactly. They have western inventions and  possessions but their mindset/culture is still eastern. Just as orthodox Jews have cars and work at computer factories their culture is still Jewish.
No, it's diffrent. It's not like they wear Chinese clothes, singing tradional Chinese song etc'. This people are completly weastern both culturaly and by technology, elitism and productivity.

Mr Charles Brookes, graduate of the University of Texas and the University of Hawaii with two masters' degrees (one in history), professional educator and broadcaster in three continents shares the very views I have expressed. If I had the time to google I could find no end of prestige 'names' who share my view but so could you. so what?
Which one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Brooks_%28disambiguation%29

iSSlam always had dihmmitude, slavery, murder, forced conversion and pack-rape. You can put different "ism" lables on it but it doesn't change. Evil is evil. Backward id backward.

Again, Islam wasn't always like that.

.....and then their developement stalled for centuries. I said 'north american indians, too BTW. Not aztecs, incas etc.
It didn't stalled, for something to stalled it needs to live in a cage all the time, and even than it will develop a little bit.

Backward is backward. The culture moved nowhere because it was always primative, their technology disappeared because what you don't invent, you can't maintain.

No, it didn't. The Islamic culture was the richest culture in the 13th century and only because of that the Muslims were the smartest, richest and the strongest culture in that time. That's also why the Jews had a golden age thamselvs.

The reformation of the church happened centuries before the frog's revolution. As did Britains magna carta and 'common law'. The french revolution had little to do with europes enlightenment. It happened years before then.
I didn't said it didn't happened befor the French revulotion. Age of Enlightenment was a bit befor the French revulotion.

He expresses the same opinions. His facts are not in question. ie; "iSSlam had a golden age" and "islam is now in the dark ages" but opinions as to who was responsible and what caused it's downfall are open to debate.

This are NOT opinions! We can know who invented things using FACTS, get it ?

Ethniclly.

Then you are peddling the same old taqqiya......."it's not true iSSlam, it's a religion of peace....blah blah blah". Nobody believes it. iSSlam is as iSSlamists (muSSlims) do.
What are you talking about  ???

- Friedrich Nietzsche

newman

« Reply #141 on: January 30, 2008, 01:13:20 AM »
No, it's diffrent. It's not like they wear Chinese clothes, singing tradional Chinese song etc'. This people are completly weastern both culturaly and by technology, elitism and productivity.
That doesn't make them western. They care much less about personal freedom and democracy than than they do about social order and conformity. It is true of ethnic chinese Singaporians too. This is a crucial difference between eastern and western mindsets. It is far more important than clothes.

Which one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Brooks_%28disambiguation%29
none

Again, Islam wasn't always like that.
Are you kidding? History definintely disagrees with you. When was there no dihmitude? It's a koranic concept since Mo's time. As is the right to use the women of conquered people as sex slaves and sell conquered men as slaves.

It didn't stalled, for something to stalled it needs to live in a cage all the time, and even than it will develop a little bit.
If it's not moving forward or receeding it's stalled or arrested.

No, it didn't. The Islamic culture was the richest culture in the 13th century and only because of that the Muslims were the smartest, richest and the strongest culture in that time. That's also why the Jews had a golden age thamselvs.
Now I've heard everything! The Jews were partly responsible for iSSlam's golden age along with other non-muSSlims. The iSSlamic culture has never been smart. The non-muSSlim cultures of the people they conquered were 'smart' and 'rich'.

I didn't said it didn't happened befor the French revulotion. Age of Enlightenment was a bit befor the French revulotion.

This are NOT opinions! We can know who invented things using FACTS, get it ?
You can know what land someyhing was invented in. With proper records you can know who invented it. Put heresay about thing over 700 years ago WITHOUT impartial back-up is not established 'fact'. But nobody has proved iSSlam responsible for inventing anything. Many say they invented nothing.
Token link since you think they mean proof:

http://www.islam-watch.org/AlamgirHussain/myth_islams_contribution.htm
Ethniclly.And culturally....food, dance, language, traditions etc.

What are you talking about  ???
What you said before.
That's like CAIR trying to claim terrorism isn't real iSSlam. What 99% of muSSlims all over the world do IS iSSlam. What the majority of Catholics do IS catholicism. To claim otherwise is taqqiya.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #142 on: January 30, 2008, 07:22:39 AM »
That doesn't make them western. They care much less about personal freedom and democracy than than they do about social order and conformity. It is true of ethnic chinese Singaporians too. This is a crucial difference between eastern and western mindsets. It is far more important than clothes.
That's nonesense, right wing liberalism makes you more indevudual, you don't have to be a liberal to be weastern. Plus you ignor the fact that in 1989 a democratic revulotion almost happened in China. The Germans are also very obedient people, it doesn't make tham less weasterns. While the Germans are a homogeneous people the Chinese aren't, that's why soon China will collapse, at least in my opinion. The Chinese that are out of second China are very weasterned and wearing tradional Chinese clothes, which very few wear, doesn't make tham less or more weasterns.

Are you kidding? History definintely disagrees with you. When was there no dihmitude? It's a koranic concept since Mo's time. As is the right to use the women of conquered people as sex slaves and sell conquered men as slaves
I meant it wasn't all the time Wahhabist.

There is no such thing as an arrested culture unless it never moved from the tribial lives to the urban-villige under states lives.

Now I've heard everything! The Jews were partly responsible for iSSlam's golden age along with other non-muSSlims. The iSSlamic culture has never been smart. The non-muSSlim cultures of the people they conquered were 'smart' and 'rich'.
The Jews were the only one who weren't Muslim that actually helped the Muslims. There were no non-Muslims in Islamic states but Jews, Christians and other very minor religions. Let me list you some of the Muslim scientists and scholers:
Jabir Ibn Haiyan died 803
Mohammad Bin Musa al-Khawarizmi died 840
Yaqub Ibn Ishaq al-Kindi 800
Thabit Ibn Qurra 836
Ali Ibn Rabban al-Tabari 838
Abu Abdullah al-Battani 858
Al-Farghani 860
Mohammad Ibn Zakariya al-Razi 864
Abu al-Nasr al-Farabi 870
Abul Hasan Ali al-Masu'di died 957
Abu al-Qasim al-Zahrawi 936
Abul Wafa Muhammad al-Buzjani 940
Abu Ali Hasan Ibn al-Haitham 965
Abu al-Hasan al-Mawardi 972
Abu Raihan al-Biruni 973
Ibn Sina 980
Omar al-Khayyam 1044
Abu Hamid al-Ghazali 1058
Abu Marwan Ibn Zuhr 1091
Al-Idrisi 1099
Ibn Rushd 1128
Ibn al-Baitar died 1248
Nasir al-Din al-Tusi 1201
Jalal al-Din Rumi 1207
Ibn al-Nafis 1213
Ibn Khaldun 1332

You can know what land someyhing was invented in. With proper records you can know who invented it. Put heresay about thing over 700 years ago WITHOUT impartial back-up is not established 'fact'. But nobody has proved iSSlam responsible for inventing anything. Many say they invented nothing.
Well, first, impartial back-up isn't very relieble back-up. When the Muslims invent something that didn't have a base befor their try of invation, they invented it by themselvs. Simple logic.

And culturally....food, dance, language, traditions etc.
Turks of Turkey are very diffrent, but other Turk people that converted to Islam has "forget" their pre-Islamic-pagan history and started to see themselvs as Arab Muslims. Islam was in it's beggining an ethnic religion just like Judaism but when time passed it became multi-ethnic/race religion. Islam's culture is based on Arab culture, that's why people that hold this religion are staying far behined while other advence. When non-Arab Muslims hold Islamic culture, it's not Islamic culture only, but it's mainly.

What you said before.
Where did I said "it's not true iSSlam, it's a religion of peace....blah blah blah" ?

That's like CAIR trying to claim terrorism isn't real iSSlam. What 99% of muSSlims all over the world do IS iSSlam. What the majority of Catholics do IS catholicism. To claim otherwise is taqqiya.
Muslims of the golden age are not modern-day Muslims.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

newman

« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2008, 07:41:48 PM »
That's nonesense, right wing liberalism makes you more indevudual, you don't have to be a liberal to be weastern. Plus you ignor the fact that in 1989 a democratic revulotion almost happened in China. The Germans are also very obedient people, it doesn't make tham less weasterns. While the Germans are a homogeneous people the Chinese aren't, that's why soon China will collapse, at least in my opinion. The Chinese that are out of second China are very weasterned and wearing tradional Chinese clothes, which very few wear, doesn't make tham less or more weasterns.
Placing a high value on personal freedom is not 'liberalism' only. Conservatives do this too.
What separates eastern and western culture is not clothing, pop music or household appliances. It is a mindset. Eg: Chinese will happily trade-off personal freedom and free-speach for prosperity. Westerners NEVER will contemplate such a thing.

Westerners will place the elderly in nursing homes so they won't be burdoned with them. That idea is repugnant to asians.

In an asian household, the father is an undisputed ruler who is rarely questioned and NEVER argued with. In western households decisions are made more collectively.

To simply lable a culture eastern or western on shallow, surface appearances is foolish. It is the deeper core values that determine culture.

I live in the asia/pacific region. I've met and worked with more chinese than you'll ever meet in your life. My great great grandfather was a full blood chinaman. My grandfather (quarter cast chinese) spoke fluent cantonese and spent his career travelling throughout South Asia on business. Now YOU'RE telling ME about chinese culture!  :o.

Are you kidding? History definintely disagrees with you. When was there no dihmitude? It's a koranic concept since Mo's time. As is the right to use the women of conquered people as sex slaves and sell conquered men as slaves
I meant it wasn't all the time Wahhabist.

That's just an "ist" or "ism" label. iSSlam was always oppressive and cruel.

There is no such thing as an arrested culture unless it never moved from the tribial lives to the urban-villige under states lives.
If it moves neither forward nor backward, it's arrested or stagnated.

The Jews were the only one who weren't Muslim that actually helped the Muslims. There were no non-Muslims in Islamic states but Jews, Christians and other very minor religions. Let me list you some of the Muslim scientists and scholers:
Jabir Ibn Haiyan died 803
Mohammad Bin Musa al-Khawarizmi died 840
Yaqub Ibn Ishaq al-Kindi 800
Thabit Ibn Qurra 836
Ali Ibn Rabban al-Tabari 838
Abu Abdullah al-Battani 858
Al-Farghani 860
Mohammad Ibn Zakariya al-Razi 864
Abu al-Nasr al-Farabi 870
Abul Hasan Ali al-Masu'di died 957
Abu al-Qasim al-Zahrawi 936
Abul Wafa Muhammad al-Buzjani 940
Abu Ali Hasan Ibn al-Haitham 965
Abu al-Hasan al-Mawardi 972
Abu Raihan al-Biruni 973
Ibn Sina 980
Omar al-Khayyam 1044
Abu Hamid al-Ghazali 1058
Abu Marwan Ibn Zuhr 1091
Al-Idrisi 1099
Ibn Rushd 1128
Ibn al-Baitar died 1248
Nasir al-Din al-Tusi 1201
Jalal al-Din Rumi 1207
Ibn al-Nafis 1213
Ibn Khaldun 1332

This age was marked by, among other things, intellectual achievement. A number of medieval thinkers and scientists living under Islamic rule, by no means all of them "Moslems" either nominally or substantially, played a useful role of transmitting Greek, Hindu, and other pre-Islamic fruits of knowledge to Westerners. They contributed to making Aristotle known in Christian Europe. But in doing this, they were but transmitting what they themselves had received from non-Moslem sources.

Three speculative thinkers, notably the three Persians al-Kindi, al-Farabi, and Avicenna, combined Aristotelianism and Neoplatonism with other ideas introduced through Islam. Greatly influenced by Baghdad’s Greek heritage in philosophy that survived the Arab invasion, and especially the writings of Aristotle, Farabi adopted the view — utterly heretical from a Moslem viewpoint — that reason is superior to revelation. He saw religion as a symbolic rendering of truth, and, like Plato, saw it as the duty of the philosopher to provide guidance to the state. He engaged in rationalistic questioning of the authority of the Koran and rejected predestination. He wrote more than 100 works, notably The Ideas of the Citizens of the Virtuous City. But these unorthodox works no more belong to Islam than Voltaire belongs to Christianity. He was in Moslem culture but not of it, indeed opposed to its orthodox core. He examples the pattern we see again and again: the best Moslems, whether judged by intellectual or political achievement, are usually the least Moslem.

The Moslem mainstream of this time, on the other hand, emphasized rigid Koranic orthodoxy and deployed Greek philosophy and science solely to buttress its authority. "They were rationalists in so far as they fell back on Greek philosophy for their metaphysical and physical explanations of phenomena; still, it was their aim to keep within the limits of orthodox belief." But when the thinkers went too far in their free inquiry into the secrets of nature, paying little attention to the authority of the Koran, they aroused suspicion of the rulers both in North Africa and Spain, as well as in the East. Persecution, exile, and death were frequent punishments suffered by the philosophers of Islam whose writings did not conform to the canon.

On the other side of the Empire, in Spain, Averroës exercised much influence on both Jewish and Christian thinkers with his interpretations of Aristotle. While mostly faithful to Aristotle’s method, he found the Aristotelian "prime mover" in Allah, the universal First Cause. His writings brought him into political disfavor and he was banished until shortly before his death, while many of his works in logic and metaphysics had been consigned to the flames. He left no school.

From Spain the Arabic philosophic literature was translated into Hebrew and Latin, which contributed to the development of modern European philosophy. In Egypt around the same time, Moses Maimonides (a Jew) and Ibn Khaldun made their contribution. A Christian, Constantine "the African," a native of Carthage, translated medical works from Arabic into Latin, thus introducing Greek medicine to the West. His translations of Hippocrates and Galen first gave the West a view of Greek medicine as a whole.

The "golden age" of Islamic art lasted from AD 750 to the mid-11th century, when ceramics, glass, metalwork, textiles, illuminated manuscripts, and woodwork flourished. Lustered glass became the greatest Islamic contribution to ceramics. Manuscript illumination became an important and greatly respected art, and miniature painting flourished in Iran. Calligraphy, an essential aspect of written Arabic, developed in manuscripts and architectural decoration.

In the exact sciences the contribution of Al-Khwarzimi, mathematician and astronomer, was considerable. Like Euclid, he wrote mathematical books that collected and arranged the discoveries of earlier mathematicians. His "Book of Integration and Equation" is a compilation of rules for solving linear and quadratic equations, as well as problems of geometry and proportion. Its translation into Latin in the 12th century provided the link between the great Hindu mathematicians and European scholars. A corruption of the book’s title resulted in the word algebra; a corruption of the author’s own name resulted in the term algorithm.

The problem with turning this list of intellectual achievements into a convincing "Islamic" golden age is that whatever flourished, did so not by reason of Islam but in spite of Islam. Moslems overran societies (Persian, Greek, Egyptian, Byzantine, Syrian, Jewish) that possessed intellectual sophistication in their own right and failed to completely destroy their cultures. To give it the credit for what the remnants of these cultures achieved is like crediting the Red Army for the survival of Chopin in Warsaw in 1970! Islam per se never encouraged science, in the sense of disinterested enquiry, because the only knowledge it accepts is religious knowledge.

Well, first, impartial back-up isn't very relieble back-up. When the Muslims invent something that didn't have a base befor their try of invation, they invented it by themselvs. Simple logic.
No. Non-muSSlims that they conquered invented it. Just like the 'great soviet (or nazi-german) scientific achievements'........all done by Jews

And culturally....food, dance, language, traditions etc.
Turks of Turkey are very diffrent, but other Turk people that converted to Islam has "forget" their pre-Islamic-pagan history and started to see themselvs as Arab Muslims. Islam was in it's beggining an ethnic religion just like Judaism but when time passed it became multi-ethnic/race religion. Islam's culture is based on Arab culture, that's why people that hold this religion are staying far behined while other advence. When non-Arab Muslims hold Islamic culture, it's not Islamic culture only, but it's mainly.
South East iSSlamic culture is about as 'arab' as Irish-catholic culture is Itallian.

What you said before.
Where did I said "it's not true iSSlam, it's a religion of peace....blah blah blah" ?
You said (with regard to oppression and violence)....
[/color] That amounts to the same thing.

Muslims of the golden age are not modern-day Muslims.
They're the same but with different weapons and no aeroplanes to hijack.

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #144 on: January 31, 2008, 07:31:14 AM »
ugh...im just going to go back 600 years, and kill all those apparent muslim "inventors". In Medieval 2, i nfact, ill just destroy all of islam, and save the world a heck of a lot of trouble. Playing as the Byzantium empire...giving our Serbian brothers all the glory  :)

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #145 on: January 31, 2008, 07:41:15 AM »
Placing a high value on personal freedom is not 'liberalism' only. Conservatives do this too.
What separates eastern and western culture is not clothing, pop music or household appliances. It is a mindset. Eg: Chinese will happily trade-off personal freedom and free-speach for prosperity. Westerners NEVER will contemplate such a thing.

Westerners will place the elderly in nursing homes so they won't be burdoned with them. That idea is repugnant to asians.

In an asian household, the father is an undisputed ruler who is rarely questioned and NEVER argued with. In western households decisions are made more collectively.

To simply lable a culture eastern or western on shallow, surface appearances is foolish. It is the deeper core values that determine culture.

I live in the asia/pacific region. I've met and worked with more chinese than you'll ever meet in your life. My great great grandfather was a full blood chinaman. My grandfather (quarter cast chinese) spoke fluent cantonese and spent his career travelling throughout South Asia on business. Now YOU'RE telling ME about chinese culture!
Placing a high value on personal freedom is liberalism only, it called Right-wing liberlism, "Pure Liberalism" and, more commonly, Right-libertarianism, which is very simmilar to the Conservative parties idea.

When we were talking about weastern states in Asia, and Chinese (and Japanese) are weastern, I was talking about the non-poor Chinese and Japanese and Asians in general who hold weastern thinking or mindset. Those are the people who made China, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan and other states to what they are today: strong, rich and advenced states. The poor Chinese who live in what called today Second China, means, "China" that the profits of the 1990' Chinese free market reforms passed over tham, are still holding in Confucius' Philosophy that says that the indevidual is not in a conflict with the collective intereses so the indevidual have restrain himself to get into a harmony with the collective.

BTW, do you have diagonal eyes or any other Asian physical features ?

That's just an "ist" or "ism" label. iSSlam was always oppressive and cruel.
Every culture befor the 18th century was, the thing is they stucked there! But reletively the Muslims were better than the Christians.

If it moves neither forward nor backward, it's arrested or stagnated.
The problem is that no culture ever stalled unless it was in a lone Island and never got out of the tribial culture. Do you have any historical exemple that show that non-tribial culture stalled. The Chinese were in moving backward procces and without the west they would have been turning into Africa. Because of the wars inside China and the political explosive that there is, was and there will be in China, wars will always happen, and without the west and the Chinese communist all the Chinese culture would have destroyed.

***long qoute about the scientists***.
It is not the point, it's irrelevent if the Islamic scientists were very religiouse or less religiouse. The Islamic first dynesty was Muslim only in formal terms, and the Bedouins' question of being "real" Muslims is still debated in Islam. The thing here is that Islamic civillazation was the one that developed those scientists. Let me remark: Islamic culture in the 13th century was Arab, Greek, Persian, Jewish, Berber, Babylonian culture, so the claim that it wasn't Islamic civillazation is nonesense because then all this cultures were an integral part of Islamic culture.

Today's Islamic culture is Arab mostly because today's Islam is a replacement and an alternative form of Arab nationalis, which developed Islamism in general and Wahabbism in particular.

No. Non-muSSlims that they conquered invented it. Just like the 'great soviet (or nazi-german) scientific achievements'........all done by Jews
No, they were Arabs and Muslims of non-Arab-Muslims who went through "Mista'irab" procces, which is a procces of Non-Muslims who became Muslim, started to talk Arabic and adopted the Arab culture. Espacielly because the Arabs had spaciel rights, but after that all Muslims had the same rights.

You said (with regard to oppression and violence)....
I just read my previous comments and didn't find a thing like that...

That amounts to the same thing.
No, it isn't. As Christians were violence in the dark ages, Christianety is very not-voilence religion so Christians and Christianety is not always the same is Muslims and Islam is not always the same.

They're the same but with different weapons and no aeroplanes to hijack.
When did the majoraty of Muslims in the golden-age were so violence ?

ugh...im just going to go back 600 years, and kill all those apparent muslim "inventors". In Medieval 2, i nfact, ill just destroy all of islam, and save the world a heck of a lot of trouble. Playing as the Byzantium empire...giving our Serbian brothers all the glory

And I would have destroy the Christians who unleashed the Crusades who killed almost ALL Jews in Eress Yisrael and many many Jews inside Europe and the Middle East.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Husar

• Ultimate JTFer
  • I drink wine out of nazis' skulls.
« Reply #146 on: January 31, 2008, 08:12:04 AM »
ugh...im just going to go back 600 years, and kill all those apparent muslim "inventors". In Medieval 2, i nfact, ill just destroy all of islam, and save the world a heck of a lot of trouble. Playing as the Byzantium empire...giving our Serbian brothers all the glory  :)

;)
"HUSSARORUM ALIAS RACOW"
"Hussar alias Rac (Serb)"

http://www.myarmoury.com/feature_hussars.html
"Hussar or gussar originally meant "a robber" in Serbian. These horsemen served not only under the Polish and Lithuanian colors but also under those of the Holy Roman Emperor;"
http://www.husaria.jest.pl/rys.html
"Bardzo prawdopodobne, że początek swego istnienia husarze zawdzięczają Serbom. Po klęsce na Kosowym Polu w roku 1389 wszędzie szukali okazji do pomsty na Turkach.
Jan Długosz zapisał pod rokiem 1463, że w bitwie nad Sawą bił się Cohors Raczanorum (oddział Raców - Serbów). Po śmierci króla Macieja Korwina Serbowie udali się do Polski, aby kontynuować walkę z Turkami po usarsku."
http://www.angelfire.com/mi4/polcrt/WingedHussar.html
"The hussar concept began in Serbia, near the end of the 14th century. In the 16th century, painted wings or winged claws began to appear on cavalry shields. Wings were originally attached to the saddle and later to the back. In 1645, Col. Szczodrowski was said to have used ostrich wings.
In 1500, the Polish Treasury books make reference to hussars. Early on, they were foreign mercenaries, and were called Racowie from "Rascia" a word meaning "of Serbia." They came from the Serbian state of Ras."
http://www.fanaticus.org/DBA/armiesofthefanatici/DarrenBuxbaum/LaterSerbs/
"Serbian Gussars"
http://ac.bondurand.com/liste332.htm
"Les serbes avaient reconnu la nécessité d'une cavalerie légère, (...) ils développèrent leur propre cavalerie légère, les GUSARS ou USARS, d'où sont venus les hussards."
http://www.armae.com/contemporain/144epeesetdagues.htm
"Originaires de Serbie, les hussards furent des cavaliers d'élite, connus surtout en Hongrie puis en France, et imités par la suite partout en Europe."
http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/1b772/a9330/
"The area around the present Zorinsk (Ukrainia) belonged to the Serb Hussar Major Vuyich at the end of the 18th century."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenije_III
" Arsenije III (...) was inaugurating new Serb infantry and hussar regiments that were sent to the ongoing war."
http://www.gatago.com/pl/sci/historia/19850502.html
"Jan Długosz pod rokiem 1463 napisał, że w bitwie nad Sawą, biły się
"Cohors Raczanorum" / Początki husarii w bitwie na Kulikowym Polu
w 1389 r."
--

CcCc

Offline Husar

• Ultimate JTFer
  • I drink wine out of nazis' skulls.
« Reply #147 on: January 31, 2008, 08:13:35 AM »
Concerning this discussion about iSSlam being good or bad...
you could have opened a speacial topic for it,
don't you think, Brothers ?

???
"HUSSARORUM ALIAS RACOW"
"Hussar alias Rac (Serb)"

http://www.myarmoury.com/feature_hussars.html
"Hussar or gussar originally meant "a robber" in Serbian. These horsemen served not only under the Polish and Lithuanian colors but also under those of the Holy Roman Emperor;"
http://www.husaria.jest.pl/rys.html
"Bardzo prawdopodobne, że początek swego istnienia husarze zawdzięczają Serbom. Po klęsce na Kosowym Polu w roku 1389 wszędzie szukali okazji do pomsty na Turkach.
Jan Długosz zapisał pod rokiem 1463, że w bitwie nad Sawą bił się Cohors Raczanorum (oddział Raców - Serbów). Po śmierci króla Macieja Korwina Serbowie udali się do Polski, aby kontynuować walkę z Turkami po usarsku."
http://www.angelfire.com/mi4/polcrt/WingedHussar.html
"The hussar concept began in Serbia, near the end of the 14th century. In the 16th century, painted wings or winged claws began to appear on cavalry shields. Wings were originally attached to the saddle and later to the back. In 1645, Col. Szczodrowski was said to have used ostrich wings.
In 1500, the Polish Treasury books make reference to hussars. Early on, they were foreign mercenaries, and were called Racowie from "Rascia" a word meaning "of Serbia." They came from the Serbian state of Ras."
http://www.fanaticus.org/DBA/armiesofthefanatici/DarrenBuxbaum/LaterSerbs/
"Serbian Gussars"
http://ac.bondurand.com/liste332.htm
"Les serbes avaient reconnu la nécessité d'une cavalerie légère, (...) ils développèrent leur propre cavalerie légère, les GUSARS ou USARS, d'où sont venus les hussards."
http://www.armae.com/contemporain/144epeesetdagues.htm
"Originaires de Serbie, les hussards furent des cavaliers d'élite, connus surtout en Hongrie puis en France, et imités par la suite partout en Europe."
http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/1b772/a9330/
"The area around the present Zorinsk (Ukrainia) belonged to the Serb Hussar Major Vuyich at the end of the 18th century."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenije_III
" Arsenije III (...) was inaugurating new Serb infantry and hussar regiments that were sent to the ongoing war."
http://www.gatago.com/pl/sci/historia/19850502.html
"Jan Długosz pod rokiem 1463 napisał, że w bitwie nad Sawą, biły się
"Cohors Raczanorum" / Początki husarii w bitwie na Kulikowym Polu
w 1389 r."
--

CcCc

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #148 on: February 01, 2008, 07:51:41 AM »

;)

More likely to Manzikert era of XI century, no bizantine defeat against seljuk Turks, no crusades, no Jewish pogroms, and no schism among christians after sacking of Constantinopole. I play Bizantines in XIV century and with Armenians managed to crash the Ottomans and islamic mongols, my  Serbian alies (my emperor got the serbian princess as wife) got Macedonia and Albania, and I got rid of Venetian and Genuans "helpers" from Greece  by sending the ortodox priests to initiate popular revolts which in turn I "helped" them to crash taking the teritory for myself this my version of Soviet style "bratnia pomoc". ::) Next I will alie myself with Poland and take Hungary. O0
BTW it was hell of the fun to scrush the "croat rebels" in Raguza. :::D
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #149 on: February 01, 2008, 10:03:56 AM »

;)

More likely to Manzikert era of XI century, no bizantine defeat against seljuk Turks, no crusades, no Jewish pogroms, and no schism among christians after sacking of Constantinopole. I play Bizantines in XIV century and with Armenians managed to crash the Ottomans and islamic mongols, my  Serbian alies (my emperor got the serbian princess as wife) got Macedonia and Albania, and I got rid of Venetian and Genuans "helpers" from Greece  by sending the ortodox priests to initiate popular revolts which in turn I "helped" them to crash taking the teritory for myself this my version of Soviet style "bratnia pomoc". ::) Next I will alie myself with Poland and take Hungary. O0
BTW it was hell of the fun to scrush the "croat rebels" in Raguza. :::D
Congratulations Me Lord.
I myself have just sacked those venician catholic dogs (no offence-it's just a battle report), by taking all their territories, on the italian ground, and mediteranian, liberating my Serbian Brothers from the demnic inquisitions. At the moment, my priests are converting the italians to the true faith. I shall initiate an army of religious, to crush the croation pigs! We have been fortunate, as we have kept the turks of europe...but europe has only repaid us with the hungarians and their salamis for weapons, will trample under General Husar's hoofs. I shall station my main army in venice for the tme being, to recuperate, as we lost 1/3 of our army-once reinforced, i shall take sofia, and eventually budapest!

As long as we keep the turks out of our business...and maintain our stronghold on asia minor, which we control a fair bit.

GLORY AND VICTORY!!!!