Author Topic: Ask JTF For Sunday, December 24, The Eve of Chaim's Secular Birthday.  (Read 14523 times)

admin

BS"D

Shalom Chaim,

Happy Birthday!

Chabad.org's date converter says:

"Tuesday, December 25, 1956

The corresponding Jewish date is:

Tevet 21, 5717"

You were born the year Hanukkah was in November, on the earliest day it can fall in the 19 year Machzor Katan cycle. The next 21 Tevet is January 11.

But were you born before or after Sunset? If it was after Sunset, you were born on 22 Tevet.

It's good we have this forum because now people can contact you directly. Before if I wanted to know something about Kahanism, I had to ask HaIvri and I once even contacted Bill Maniac and they gave misinformation about you. Even when I contributed to JTF, you never answered the particular questions I had about your dealing with Kfar Tapuach Kahanists.

Regarding Revava LeHar HaBayit, HaIvri did a few broadcasts back then to promote it. I think all his people were arrested at the Old City gates before they got to The Temple Mount. There were a few people who wanted to go up that heard about it including Arutz 7's Yishai Fleisher who had reported about it but HaIvri went about it in the wrong way because The Bolshevik Police were prepared in advance to stop people from arriving if they looked anything like a settler. I agree with you that it ended up being a bluff.

Would JTF have supported Kahane Chai in an election if Kahane Chai was legalized even if Marzel's Kach was not legalized?

Where do you buy Rav Kahane books from? What do you think of Rav Kahane's last book, Revolution or Referendum? I know you disagree with Yekutiel on this topic. What do you think of Yekutiel's renewed publication of Kahanist books as well as Darka Shel Torah (Instead of HaIvri) together with Voice of Judea? Do you ever watch Voice of Judea? Yekutiel said he would have you on the show if you wanted to be on it. Nahum said the fact that they also had Mr. Ponytail of Bnei Elim on it doesn't mean anything because they don't necessarily agree with all the guests. They just want to make it an interesting show and proof of this is the fact that Yekutiel once had on a conspiracy theorist who was talking about Chamish's Rabin conspiracy, despite the fact that this guy (David Rutstein) admitted that he once spied on Yekutiel for The FBI when Yekutiel was running Kahane Chai in New York.

Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim,
Chief Administrator.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 10:34:03 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
Re: Ask JTF For Sunday, December 24, The Eve of Chaim's Secular Birthday.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 02:25:02 PM »
Shalom Chaim and Thank you as always for your hard work and answering my questions.

I know this question may seem a bit off track from my usual questions, but what are your thoughts on Mohalims sucking the blood out during the bris. There was a controversy not to long ago after some Mohalims passed Herpes on to the babies, and some were trying to say the Mohalims were sexually perverted. Hasidic Jews claim that it is Jewish tradition for the Mohalim to suck out the blood and not use latex gloves and a glass tube for the suction. I know you are not a doctor, but in your honest opinion and using your expert knowledge in Judaism what is the real story here? Are the Hasidics correct in refusing to use modern equipment or are they misinterpreting the Talmud from which they claim the suction concept comes from?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 09:24:14 PM by Maimonides »
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline Global Warming is a Hoax

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 11:08:34 AM »
Dear Chaim, I remember on an old JTF broadcast that you said that you had the unfortunate experience of bumping into Lynn Samuels. What is funny about that is that I remember Yosef Ben Meir's reply was "oh that filthy slut". Anyway, how did you meet her? what was it like? what did you guys discuss? all the best from Mark

Offline imaknick

• Full JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 06:29:37 PM »
hello Chaim.

I know your feelings on historical black leaders like Martin Luther king JR, Nelson Mandela, and Desmond Tutu, however I never heard your opinion on Mohandas Gandhi, who I think was one of the world's greatest leaders.  Can you tell me if Gandhi was  a leader that you respected? 

Do you get offended by people telling jokes about Jews, not by those who are anti -Semitic, but just regular individuals?  I personally don't get offended by ethnic jokes. Quite frankly, ethnic jokes are sometimes funny.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 09:31:03 PM by imaknick »

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 10:22:21 PM »
Chaim,

First of all let me take this opportunity to wish you a very Happy Birthday!  May the G-d of your forefathers bless you and prolong your life so that you can do more for Israel, America and for the Western Civilization.

Since I am from India I would like to comment about Mahathma Gandhi.  Gandhi was an anti-Zionist.

The following was Gandhi's statements about Jews and Israel:

The cry for the national home for the Jews does not make much appeal to me.Palestine belongs to the Arabs in the same sense that England belongs to the English or France to the French. It is wrong and inhuman to impose the Jews on the Arabs. What is going on in Palestine today cannot be justified by any moral code of conduct. The mandates have no sanction but that of the last war. Surely it would be a crime against humanity to reduce the proud Arabs so that Palestine can be restored to the Jews partly or wholly as their national home.

Several Indian leaders followed Gandhi's principles.  Jawaharlal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of India once said  "Zionism is the brainchild of Imerpialism".  India once expelled Israeli Ambassador and refused to play with Israeli tennis player Amos Mansdorff for the Davis cup to appease the Arabs.  Only in the early 90's India established strong military and diplomatic ties with Israel.  Young Indians like me resent Gandhi's actions because they caused the British to divide our country which created the terrorist Pakistan.  India's muslim population is greater than the total population of Pakistan.  Gandhi's muslim appeasing policies are still damaging India.  Because of the 150 million muslims India, we are unable to wage an effective war against Islam.  Now it is too late for us to expel all muslims from our country because of the huge muslim population.  It is unfortuate that Gandhi had become a hero to millions around the world like Martin Lucifer King.

Thank you for exposing evil people like King, Mandela and Tutu.

Christian Zionist.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 12:50:38 AM by Christian Zionist »
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 04:37:50 AM »
I am asking this question on behalf of Yacov Menashe.

What do you think about Pennsylvania's Bible Belt? Pennsylvania has an internal Bible Belt in the rural areas not in the big cities. There are cities named after The Land of Israel such as Lebanon, Nazareth, and Bethlehem and Pat Robertson's Christian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) has a local affiliate in Bethlehem. There are also The Amish of Lancaster County on the horses and buggies. There are a lot of farms out there and it can be compared to places like Iowa. There is even a kosher poultry plant (Empire) there where Amish people are employed just like Aaron's is in Iowa.

Does rural New York State also have a Bible Belt? I think rural Ohio also does, right to the West of Pennsylvania. They also have Amish there. Pennsylvania's Amish are called The Pennsylvania Dutch. Being that rural New York State is directly North of rural Pennsylvania, do you think the righteous patriotic culture spread North?

« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 07:36:27 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline Gerard

• New JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 11:33:51 AM »

Hello, Mr Chaim Ben Pesach

You seem to posses a great talent for mimicry and deliver magnificent speeches. You speak English rather well, with a nonregional (accent free) American dialect of course.A brilliant statement came from your mouth and probably your brain:"Schwarzes know one thing more than anyone else,and thats how stupid they really are"
We owe them one Chaim.I allways thought you were accurate about the schwarzes and among others.
Keep up the proficient work.
Thanks

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 04:38:11 PM »
Shalom Chaim.  I hope you are doing very well.  I wish to post just a short question to you specifically since you and I are in the same boat re: marital status.  Have you ever approached your or any reputable Rabbi to assist you in your search for a Jewess?  If so can you tell us about this...pro's, con's etc.  Toda roba ve shalom...  Marzutra ;)
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 09:00:05 PM »
Hi Chaim,

I have a kashrut question for you this week. 

A few years ago, I went on a singles weekend trip for Orthodox Jewish singles.  At breakfast one day, I overheard a man and woman talking about turkey meat.  They were saying that if the rabbis had to do it all over again today, they wouldn't classify Turkeys as kosher animals.  Their reasoning was that when the rabbis of the time saw the turkeys for the first time in America, they assumed the animals were a lot like chickens, and therefore classified them as kosher. 

Have you ever heard of such an argument?  I haven't.  In fact, when I go grocery shopping, I see turkey meat with the OU label all the time.  And I'm sure there's turkey with the Chalav Israel label on it as well.  Personally, I think this kind of talk is ridiculous.  In my opinion (and I don't mean to be offensive here) it's only about people bragging, and saying in essence, "ooh look at how holy and pious I am because I deny myself this food that most other kosher Jews eat."  It just turns me off.

And speaking of Chalav Israel vs. OU, I understand that the first label means a food is Glatt Kosher, whereas the second means simply Kosher by Orthodox standards.  But isn't the difference between Glatt and regular kosher simply a matter of giving meat an extra round of salting?  And if that's the case, why do some people forbid food with an OU label in their homes (this happened to a friend of mine when she took her kids on a play date)? 

Again, I'm not trying to be disrespectful towards you, or any other religious Jews here.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 11:50:22 PM »
Dear Chaim

How can I handle certain thick headed people every time I mention Islam even when I bring out the Koran verses and verses from the Hadith I get called a  racist, bigot, inflicting hate that people like me and many others like myself are causing Islamic pigs to get angered and this is why they get violent even though I mentioned that its their mission to destroy all non Muslims. Like the Mohammed cartoon and like the Pope that we cause them to get violent.  How do we deal with these people who just don't get it?
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 11:51:39 PM »
Shalom Chaim,

I have one question about Judaism and one short question about health.

1. Why is the Chanukah story not in the Torah?

2. Is sushi healthy (for righteous gentiles of course)?

Yacov Menashe adds: Certified kosher sushi is the new big thing in the kosher market. The Chabad house near where I live has "Sushi Under The Stars" every Erev Simchat Torah.

Geulah Achshav (formerly Menachem)

« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 04:33:49 PM by Geulah Achshav »

Offline True Kahanist

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2006, 07:13:09 PM »
Dear Chaim,

As usual thank you for answering my question last week.
Can you tell us a bit more about where VJA and JTF donations go to. Is it true that a Jew is obliged to give 10% of their earnings to charity. I want to give more money to JTF and VJA: will paypal increase the amount you can give a month in the fututre. It's a big hassle if I have to give money a month and add extra cause through paypal you can only give $20 to each a month.

Now to a very different question: what do you think about Jospeh McCarthy: don't know if he liked Jews (probably not because of the Rosenbergs), but at least he helped save America from Communism.

Keep up the good work .

Toda achi

Offline True Kahanist

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2006, 07:16:54 PM »
sorry for the bad spelling in my reply before

Offline YESHA

• Pro JTFer
  • I love our Yesha residents - Judea & Samaria.
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 07:03:21 AM »
Hi Chaim,

You are very clear with your opposition of this disgusting anti-Jewish group Neturei Karta – you have mentioned in many times in the past and on the last ASK JTF show.

Some have argued to me, that the Netruri Karta organisation are ‘correct’ with their views that Zionism is against Torah and the state was build on false ideology of "Kochey Vozem Yodi - in fact I actually often see the U.K. head of the NK, Yossi Goldstein, ysh”v, and have shouted and argued with him – he was originally a Bael Teshuvah and Lubavitch tried to be Mekarev him before is strayed off.  HOWEVER all ‘human’ people (including Satmar) with this belief still do NOT justify to go and join platforms with these ANTI Jewish terrorists and Jew haters who wish to wipe Eretz Israel and its people off the map.

For these people to join in a "Holocaust Denial Conference" and hug is these terrorists, is  totally beyond our comprehension, these people have no place in our society at all, are NOT part of ANY Jewish community and they should go to HELL, all of them. These disgraced people should be displaced from every Jewish Community worldwide.

I am happy to report that in Manchester, here in England, a demonstration was held outside the so called "Rabbi" Ahron Cohen now known in Manchester as Achmend Cohen – who was the key figure at the Conference, I when in Yeshiva, lived in that very street!. There was a big turn out and his house has been pelted with dozens of eggs but unfortunately the Police took him out of the back door. He has been refused entry from every shul in town so let’s hope he goes to live in Iran.   These disgraced people must be strongly condemned in the strongest terms and it must be made clear that they are NOT part of the JEWISH people.
 :)Keep up your good work and great programs :),

‘Yesha’

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2006, 11:35:26 AM »
Dear Chaim, I was very happy that you responded so forcefully to my arguments against the Moreh Nevuchim and the mitnagdim. I hope you don't take my statements personally as I don't take yours personally.

I have heard your refutation of my questions and this is my response

You say that I am treading on dangerous ground by inferring that the Rambam's study of Aristotle constitutes a losing of one's chelek leolam haba.
I did not say that studying the works of Aristotle causes one to lose their chelek leolam haba. Rabbi Akiva did. Rabbi Ovadia Bartenura did. You moved right over that fact and didn't address it at all.

If inferring that a great rabbi like the the Rambam made a terrible mistake in learning Aristotle is treading on shaky ground, what about your inferring that the Ramban's belief in gilgul neshamot constituted Avoda Zara, or at best caused simple Jews to fall into Avoda Zara?  I would say that you are treading on shaky ground by saying that about the Ramban.

you also say that unless Rashi specifically refutes the Rambam's argument's about the "allegorical" nature of the dozens of quotes from the Talmud mentioning demons, we cannot assume he disagrees.

First of all, you make no attempt to explain what the allegory is. If the Talmud does not mean what it says about demons, then what is it trying to convey when it says Don’t go into ruins of old building because there are demons there. What is the allegory? What is the message?
You can't just say " It's an allegory" with no explanation.

When that Muslim said that the violent and genocidal quotes from the Koran is all an allegory. You didn't buy it. Because there is no plausible explanation for the allegory. If these demon quotes are allegory, the burden of proof is on you to explain.

Second of all, You said that there was a back and forth between the Rambam and Rashi on these issues and that Rashi does not contradict him.
How could Rashi have refuted Rambam's arguments when he never saw them?
The Rambam was born thirty years after Rashi's death.

They couldn't have had a back and forth.

Also, I noticed that you completely ignored the fact that Hai Gaon quoted the Koran and Hadith to prove a Talmudic point. I would like you to tell me what you think about that. Whether you agree with what he did or not.
As far as the Mitnagic mosrim, there were many chassidim who were sent to prison by mitnagdic mosrim including the first Rebbe of Chabad.

He demolished the Mitnagdic argument at the Disputation at Minsk. The Mitnagdim were upset at losing the debate so they informed on him to the authorities.
I don't say that the Vilna Gaon did these things, but his followers did. This is a historical fact.

Your rationalization for the Vilna Gaon trying to get the Czar to ban Chassidic books was an argument that I never thought you would make.
You say that he knew the Chassidic movement would make the Mitnagdim turn bad.

Let me see if I have this right, the chassidim are responsible for the  problems are both themselves and their opponents. The mitnagdim are saying " We're messed up because of you". What a Chutzpah!!!

Mitnagdim need to take responsibility for their own failures and stop blaming chassidim for everything. As far as the Chassidim opposing the Zionists. You regret to mention that the Mitnagdim opposed Zionism as well.
The greatest Mitnagdic Rabbis opposed Zionism. The Chofetz Chaim said that the Zionists were amalek. His student, Rav Elchonon Wasserman said that the Zionist state would be a " Medinat Yevsektzia" Yevsektzia were the Jewish Communists who where big Mosrim. The Brisker Rav and Rav Velvel Soleveichik where all as anti-zionist as Satmar.

The Chazon Ish said that anyone who celebrates yom haatzmaut is an apikores and a cofer even if he kept the entire Torah.

Rav Shach said that when he dies, if he is asked why he was anti-zionist, he will say "Because the Chofetz Chaim was".

These are the greatest of the Mitnagdic Rabbis, They were as anti-zionist as Satmar, and yet you reserve ALL of your anger for the Chassidim and you claim that the only reason the Mitnagdim were messed is because of the chassidim. Your hatred of Chassidim knows no bounds and you are even willing to deny reality to blame everything on them.
OK, That is enough for this week. Please respond in your usually forceful manner but don't take my arguments personally as I sensed you did last week. I support Rav Kahane's ideas 100% and I wish for nothing less than a Kahanist takeover is Israel, I just disagree with you on a few theological issues.                         

Judea Non Capta
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 10:01:22 PM »
Chaim,

I know a little bit about the commie organization "Amnesty International" but I was wondering what interesting facts you know of this organization.  I know of their initial silence when Kristian Menchaca and Thomas Tucker were murdered in Iraq, of their attacks on Israel's "war crimes" while giving Muslim Nazi Hezbollah a free pass for a while until the Israel/Lebanon war wasn't front-page news, and calling Guantanamo the "Gulag of our time".

What other information do you have on this evil group?

Offline YESHA

• Pro JTFer
  • I love our Yesha residents - Judea & Samaria.
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 07:18:58 AM »
Holocaust denier David Irving yshvz has been freed from prision jail! >:(

Offline eliezer

• New JTFer
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2006, 07:38:47 AM »
Shalom Chaim, happy birthday!
I want you to meet with a woman I know, maybe you will like each other, what is the best way to give you her contact information?

tony6d2

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2006, 09:44:35 AM »
Dear Chaim,

Hello Chaim. I wanted to say first of all Happy Chanuka. I wanted to respond to your response about the question I asked you regarding how other sources of media both on the internet and main stream is mostly bias against Israel and pro Arab Nazi. You reacted surprised and mildly angered by the question because you thought that I was lending credence to it. But what I was trying to get out of you was maybe some insight as to how they can say these things for example, if when they show footage of dead arabs whenever Israel decides it wants to fight back, are they just like showing footage that is staged?? I know when I was fighting in Iraq in 2003 that many of the Iraqi Arabs would stage events using sometimes already deceased people to make it look as though we caused more harm than we did. I was wondering more or less is that the case with these media sources regarding Israel?? I said that with all the crap floating around about this subject it can get confusing because of all the lies. I like to listen to a bunch of different people because that way I form my own opinion. But I must say that since I've been listening to JTF in the 90s, JTF has been my favorite source for information about Israel and the Middle East and politics in America because you have been most consistantly right. I'm sorry if you misunderstood me or if I wasn't clear when I asked the question. I didn't want you to bite my head off. Just wanted to know what you thought about these other sources and offer some insight as to how they can disseminate these lies. Because most people know about them and not about JTF!

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2006, 09:45:33 AM »
Raphael,

Here's some information on Amnesty International:

http://www.discoverthenetwork.com/groupProfile.asp?grpid=6185

This site is run by David Horowitz.  It's simply a database of the political left, broken out by individuals, groups, funders, issues, politics, media, and arts/culture. 

ihkili18

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2006, 10:02:25 PM »
Hi chaim hope all is well. On this thursday nights Hannity And Colmes they had that Neturei Karta Rabbi on. I was wondering if you saw it. He was so crazy that even Colmes was defending Israel while talking to him. I thought to myself that if he managed to get on I am sure that there is a way for you to get on as well. I think you should find out how the Neturei Karta got on Hannity And Colmes because if you manage to get on there I am sure it will help. Be well

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2006, 10:41:21 PM »
Shalom Chaim, kol tuv

First off, the reason why I would want to join the military and work in the CIA is to have a military and authoritative background so the voters would respect me more.. but you do bring an excellent point about the voters wanting me to understand and work out their problems - as opposed to just being in the CIA. I will re-evaluate my decision being that your explanation of what the voters want hasn't much to do with a military background per say.. especially when John McCain comes to mind. I've already called my local representative's office, I'll start volunteering there twice a week and take it from there. I appreciate your help, toda raba!

My question -  I was flipping through channels tonight and managed to see an interview on FOX with a so called "Rabbi" Yoisrael Dovid something, from Nueteri Karta? I'm sorry I forgot the actual name of the sect, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. This g-d forsaken animal and his cronies went to the holocaust denial meeting in Iran and hugged and kissed Ahmadinejad. Not only that.. during the interview, he was wearing a little Israeli flag with an X over the star of David.. who is this animal?? That is not a "self-hating Jew" as you proclaim.. that is simply an anti-semetic in my estimation. And the sad part about this.. you - a role model for what Jews should be, is currently banned from Israel, and this target for my rifle (not that I would ever do anything to him, I believe in civil rights :P ) can come and go as he pleases. 

Also, I've never really seen you, only heard. You said you're half Polish, half Egyptian... do you look more Polish, or have more Sephardic features? I'm assuming your mother spoke Arabic, did you pick up some Arabic from her? And likewise with your father at Polish? Are you fluent in either language?

A happy and healthy Yom huledet sameach, mazaltov! And many more to 120 :)

Toda raba,
Vito

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2006, 11:56:03 PM »
Shalom Chaim, Happy Birthday and may you live until 120.

I have a few questions for you this week. Hope you have time to answer them as you are usually pressed for time on Ask JTF.

1st question: I live in a very bad neighborhood in Seattle called White Center.(Wish it lived up to that name).  Recently the head Deputy sheriff , Steven Cox was his name, left a comfy desk job as an prosecuting attourney for the county I live in and became a cop. He was assigned to White Center for 9 years. Unfortunately he was shot and killed at a party by a drug addicted schvartze that not only killed him but killed another one of his kind 3 hours before he killed Cox. Fortunately the killer gave himself a one way trip to a very hot place by commiting suicide. Before Cox came along White Center was one of the worst places to live in Washington State before he came along. A shooting every night, robberies, druggies and prostitutes all over. For 9 years he kept this a safe place to live. He would hit the schvartzes and any other creature if they got out of line with him, slam them up against walls and run them out of neighborhood. This guy had alot of racism complaints against him but as he said to me "Most of them are trouble." As soon as he died all the blacks and were partying in the street, spitting and knocking over flowers at his memorial in front of the police station and yelling "we got back da streets!" I wonder what you think on this. A wonderful man snuffed out in a second and one sedcond later they are out on the street hooping and hollering like they are in the jungles of Africa. I believe it is a primal instinct all blacks have to yearn for their native Africa. One white policeman cleaned it up and now it's back to square one. I would like to have your opinion on this.

2nd: What is your opinion of smoking to the smoker itself and is it a sin to smoke since you can destroy your health, Is this considered destroying your soul? Many Orthodox Rabbis in the old days have said that smoking is good for your digestive system and now some say its bad but it is now an everyday phenomenon and it doesnt render the same sin as detroying your soul. I am a two pack a day smoker and believe me I want to quit. On a personal note I believe people should have a freedom to smoke in restauraunts and buildings as long as theyn respect other people in enclosed areas or if the building is large enough not to notice, excluding hospitals of course and also I think 2nd hand smoke is way overhyped, I think we have better things to worry about. I know you will strongly disagree with me on this point about smoking but I thought I would run it passed you.

3rd: What sould I do about he situation about the Moslems. I have been a target a few times and luckily I didnt fight them with my fists. Just words exchanged. If one filthy Moslem hand were to touch me I would have given their wish to see Allah. Every time I am on a bus or walking around some parts of Seattle have high numbers of these beasts I am either being followed or having funny looks come my way. Partly becuase I do wear my kippah and tzitzits. The worst case scenario was one year ago. While I was passing a Moslem day care three of the "Precious" Moslem kids starting throwing rocks at me during their recess. To say the least I threw a rock back and hit one square in the mouth. Hopefully I knocked some of his teeth out. As usual of course a police car was blaring down the street to the day care but I was long down the street before the our bolshelvik cops could catch up to me, I wish they would have. Should something like this happen again either with a kid, teen or an adult. Should I take bigger measures? Like filing a hate crimes charge against them or fighting them? Maybe I overeacted because it was a ten year old kid but he threw the rock and I had to defend myself. Moslems hate Jews and that I know. I dont like them either. I actually thought it was funny to happen to me but if I would have went to the school and said something they would have never listened.The day care is now gone thank G-d

4th and final question: As being of a Negro and Turkish Jewish backround. When I am of marrying age I wonder if I should stick to and Ethiopian Jewish woman or a dark skinned Sephardic woman. I would feel very uncomfortable marrying a White woman for, 1. Not being white, 2. I feel it would be offinsive to good White people, and 3. I think the races should stay with eachother and race mixing is a very bad thing to do. I am mixed of course and I am not trying to sound like a hypocrite but it had been a thought long on my mind.

And I did find a job and my Mother and I are doing good for now. Israel and a yeshiva are in the works also. My Hebrew is gradually getting improved.

Once Again thank you Chaim for shows. Wonderful as always and I will be more active on this forum and ask you more questions soon.
Victor
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 05:37:42 AM by cosmokramer »

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2006, 12:09:57 PM »
Happy Birthday Chaim,

This week I would like to give some feedback instead of asking a question. Your "Jewish Task Force" show this week about the real story of Chanuka is one of the best shows that I have heard you do, and I will do what I can to make sure other people hear it.
   You mentioned in great detail about when and how Jews are supposed to be humble. I know a lot of people have told you that you should be a Rabbi and I agree. I see this as a case where you practice what you preach in being humble. With your knowledge and intellect you could easily fulfill the minimum requirements in a minimum amount of time, however, you view such an ordination with the highest respect and do not cut corners just so you can call yourself one. I wish you the best of Mazel in fulfilling this mitzva some day.
   Ok, it looks like I was wrong about not asking a question. If you did fulfill this Mitzva, do you think it would improve your chances of being allowed back into Eritz Yisrael sooner?

Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2006, 06:39:50 PM »
Hello Dear Chaim,

Glad I hit on the topic of your birthday last week as it brought out a nice response from the forum members and is well deserved for you.  Again I wish you a happy and healthy until 120.  I'm guessing it may have been pointed out in the above posts, but I did not have time to read all of them.  You had a doubt as to the date of your birthday on the Hebrew calendar.  Since this is the year 5767, I would surmise, using my limited math skills, that you were born in the Jewish year of 5717.  Again, have a great birthday.

You did a tremendous job last week answering my questions on nutrition.  I was wondering if you could expand a little on how you fit exercise into your daily and weekly routines (walking, weights, etc.).  Also, do you ever eat vegetables like corn and potatoes?  They have more sugar and starch than green leafy vegetables, but I do enjoy them once in a while.  Do you ever eat chicken broth with noodles or matzo balls, or is this a bit too heavy?  In terms of nuts, I do enjoy raw cashews, almonds, and peanuts, but I have to be careful not to eat too many of them because of the fat content.  How do you limit them, throw only a few into your salads?  Finally, I was wondering what you think of the whole supplement and vitamin industries, as well as the pharmaceutical industry?  Do you think people really need to take so many vitamins, medications, and supplements for their health, or is this overblown by people trying to make money?  Do you believe we get enough from what we eat without having to use supplemental products?  Are medicines and supplements over-prescribed for conditions where they are not really needed?  Again, thanks very much for all you do.  Until next week, all the best!

Ari