Author Topic: Ask JTF For Sunday, December 24, The Eve of Chaim's Secular Birthday.  (Read 14492 times)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Ask JTF For Sunday, December 24, The Eve of Chaim's Secular Birthday.
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2006, 12:45:44 PM »
Hi, Chaim
  about 2 weeks ago, I mentioned that The Vilna Gaon did write about Reincarnation.

"The Holy One, blessed be He, created man in order to bestow goodness on him. If a person transgressed, G-d sends him back to this world until he has repaired his shortcomings. He is placed in Gehinnom until he is cleansed and the filth has been removed. The difference is that if a person lived a good life the first time around, his body merits entry into the Worl to Come. If he did not live properly in his first incarnation, [his soul is sent back,] but the bodies in which he is reincarnated will cease to exist. But if he did not mend his failings in his fourth reincarnation, all hope is lost. [This is true only if he did not rectify any of his vices at all, but if he did correct them partially he will be given a chance in another incarnation.]"
                                                                                                     Even Shlomo 10:31

also about Rav Sadiya Gaon I read at
http://www.koshertorah.com/PDF/gilgulim.pdf

As for Sa’adia Gaon’s clear denial of Gilgulei Neshamot. This is not to be denied, but rather understood. First of all, Sa’adia Gaon was a Kabbalist in his own right. We have available today many of his Kabbalistic writings, including a Goral. As leader of Bavli Judaism and as a citizen living in the Moslem world, his works were read far outside the Jewish community. Indeed, many were originally written in Arabic. Islam, like Christianity believes Gilgulei Neshamot to be an abomination. If Sa’adia Gaon, the leader of the Jews were to come out and publicly endorse a religious position held blasphemous by the majority and authorities, he would have endangered his life and the lives of all Jews. If I were in his position, I might also have concealed knowledge of this sacred material, especially since the Halakha of the time was to never publicly reveal Kabbalistic material.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 01:00:50 PM by Tzvi Ben Roshel »
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline tykus1

• New JTFer
Re: Ask JTF For Sunday, December 24, The Eve of Chaim's Secular Birthday.
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2006, 12:51:35 PM »
Happy birthday Chaim!

I was not sure if my previously post was received, so I am reposting it:

Shalom Chaim!

My wife and I always watched JTF broadcasts from the late 90's when we lived in Queens to early 2002 when we moved to New Jersey.  Now we listen (me more than her) religiously to JTF audio broadcasts which I download to my MP3 player.  JTF is right on target when it comes to the conditions of this world, the threat of the "new" Nazis, energy independence, affirmative inaction, the sell outs and traitors in politics, etc.

I recently got into a discussion with several colleagues at my office regarding control of the worlds oil and who really controls the world in general.  I was surprised (maybe not!) when one of the persons indicated that the oil is controlled by the Arabs and the money is controlled by the Jews!  They seemed to think that the heads of most, if not all, multinationals are Jews!?!?!?!?  Perhaps traitor Jews such as those in Hollywierd and such.  I know this way of thinking led to the persecuting of Jews throughout history (of course with the help of those traitor Jews!).  Besides, if this were true I would not have to be concerned with making ends meet and JTF would not have financial concerns due to all those rich Jews you would be connected with!

I will research this myself and post my findings, but wanted to put this question out there and see if anyone can help me out in the short term.

Let's all keep fighting for what's right and just, by believing in the truth and reeducating all those who need to be enlightened!

Hashem shall bless us all!