Author Topic: Cheney's Daughter Joins Romney Camp  (Read 1249 times)

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
Cheney's Daughter Joins Romney Camp
« on: January 27, 2008, 03:49:50 PM »
 MIAMI (AP) -- Liz Cheney, one of Vice President Dick Cheney's daughters, has signed onto Mitt Romney's presidential campaign as a senior foreign policy adviser.

Cheney most recently worked in the State Department handling Middle East affairs.

While her father and President Bush have both vowed to remain neutral as their fellow Republicans battle it out for the GOP nomination, the endorsement is likely to be well received among conservatives who comprise a critical primary voting bloc in both Florida, which votes Tuesday, and the 20-odd states voting Feb. 5.

Romney has also enjoyed the support of aides with ties to the Bush family, including top assistants to former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and former President George H.W. Bush.

Liz Cheney, 41, is the elder of Dick and Lynne Cheney's two daughters. Her younger sister, Mary, has been more prominently in the public eye after revealing she is a lesbian and having a son last year with her partner, Heather Poe, despite the administration's opposition to gay marriage.

Liz Cheney, the mother of five children, said in a statement: "Throughout his campaign, (Romney) has distinguished himself as a leader who can guide our country with a clear vision for overcoming the threats we face today. ... I look forward to working with Governor Romney because he is the leader our country needs."

Romney said Liz Cheney brings the campaign "years of experience helping to formulate America's foreign policy and to advance democracy and reform in the Middle East."

Liz Cheney previously supported former Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson, who dropped out of the race last week.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Cheney's Daughter Joins Romney Camp
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 03:52:21 PM »
This is a good thing because it is against mccain.

i hope maccain loses

and if it romney who wins, i'll take it!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 04:21:33 PM »
This is a good thing because it is against mccain.

i hope maccain loses

and if it romney who wins, i'll take it!

Yes, McCain must be stopped or else we have a super bolshevik running against another super bolshevik, which in any case becomes a wasted vote.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 10:04:36 PM »
Mormons believe that G-d lives on a planet named Kolob.
They also believe that all of the Red Indians in North & S. America are in fact Jews who left Jerusalem prior to its fall, warred against each other on the American continent, and that G-d turned red the skin of the most evil of them.
Another belief of theirs is that Jesus Christ came to America to teach the Gospel to the Indian tribes.
They also believe that the Mormon Priesthood (males) when they die are turned into new G-ds, and each new G-d is given their own universe with planets to rule over.
They also believe in baptizing all dead Jewish people, without asking their permission, after they are dead.
They have their own unique scriptures with books entitled "The Book of Moses" "The Book of Abraham", etc...

Such beliefs (among many others) account for the resistance to Romney from the so-called "Evangelical" branch of the Conservative's base.

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 10:59:43 PM »
Mormons believe that G-d lives on a planet named Kolob.
They also believe that all of the Red Indians in North & S. America are in fact Jews who left Jerusalem prior to its fall, warred against each other on the American continent, and that G-d turned red the skin of the most evil of them.
Another belief of theirs is that Jesus Christ came to America to teach the Gospel to the Indian tribes.
They also believe that the Mormon Priesthood (males) when they die are turned into new G-ds, and each new G-d is given their own universe with planets to rule over.
They also believe in baptizing all dead Jewish people, without asking their permission, after they are dead.
They have their own unique scriptures with books entitled "The Book of Moses" "The Book of Abraham", etc...

Such beliefs (among many others) account for the resistance to Romney from the so-called "Evangelical" branch of the Conservative's base.

I don't see why we ditched Huckabbee so quickly, he would have united the Evangelical base better than Romney and I liked Huckabbee's view on Israel better too
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline SerbChicago

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 10:20:30 AM »
 O0
The truth,justice and Serbian way