Author Topic: Ad By Real Estate Developer Features an Arafat Scarf Irks Some Jews  (Read 1600 times)

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
Flatbush, NY - Hipsters rocking keffiyehs is so 2006, so it makes sense that the trend would finally find its way to real estate ads. But one observer is not pleased: "When most of us think of Flatbush, Brooklyn, we think of it as a largely Jewish and Caribbean community.

Recently, the Flatbush Gardens apartments began featuring an ad with five smiling young adults. The ad is probably targeting the hipster class. One of the figures in the photo is wearing a keffiyah as a scarf. Forget about Che Guevara, the Yasser Arafat scarf is the latest in ignorant hipster couture. Terrorism is not cool! Besides, a keffiyah is traditionally worn only by men. Brooklyn is the most Jewish place outside Jerusalem, and for a developer to feature an Arafat scarf in its ads sends the wrong message to the public. I hope this ad appears on your blog. Be sure to forward it to your blogging friends in Brooklyn." Brooklyn blogging friends: you have been alerted. [CurbedWire]

Interesting to note, that Flatbush Gardens owners is clipper equity which is led by jewish real estae developer David Bistricer, who made headlines last year in his failed attampt to purchase starett city.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: Ad By Real Estate Developer Features an Arafat Scarf Irks Some Jews
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 02:22:58 AM »
I suspect that all of New York is becoming inundated with Muslims, if they are advertising towards Muslims (which they probably are because they're not stupid), then that probably reflects the renter's market in the area.  If people are unhappy with that reality, maybe they should consider moving somewhere else.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 03:26:08 AM »
I suspect that all of New York is becoming inundated with Muslims, if they are advertising towards Muslims (which they probably are because they're not stupid), then that probably reflects the renter's market in the area.  If people are unhappy with that reality, maybe they should consider moving somewhere else.

The keffiyeh is probably more popular with self-hating Jews at NYU than Arabs in general in the area...

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 03:42:04 AM »

The keffiyeh is probably more popular with self-hating Jews at NYU than Arabs in general in the area...

2/3 of American Arabs are christians who fled the ME runnning away from angry men with guns and kefijah, if they are A-rabs, US press is calling everybody from ME exept from Jews "A-rabs". Black&white Kefijah or "arafatka" is symbol of "palestinian couse". It's sad that only few are Irked. :(
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm