Author Topic: Why is JTF so interested in banning almost everything  (Read 4121 times)

Just Erica

Re: Why is JTF so interested in banning almost everything
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2008, 06:54:34 PM »
Black history month is racist. I think that was a great thread! I saw a news flash where this woman who was over a hundred years old was waiting all her life to vote for a black man (Obama) on TV and they made it out to be this really great thing. I think it's terrible! You are only voting for someone because they are black?? She wasn't voting because he stood for anything or that she thought he was moral or would even do anything for the country... she voted for him because he was black and didn't vote for anyone else... because they were white. That's real racism - and stupidity.

Some of the holidays have pagan origins and we are commanded to have nothing to do with paganism. We know that those posts are not going to magically stop valentines day which is a huge corporate cash cow. I don't celebrate these things and I think that's the right thing to do. People should treat those they love in very beautiful ways on days that aren't expected. This is much more romantic - when it's not forced and comes only from the heart.

If you don't like the threads, then don't read them. This is a public forum and people are free to post as they wish. (ESPECIALLY Yacov who should be shown more respect!)

We do not censor threads like this and I don't think anyone would want that.
Black History month isn't racist. Almost every culture represented in the world gets a History Month. Google it.

So why don't we have white history month?
White history is celebrated throughout the year. There should be a European  History month though. Maybe you should make sure that happens?

Tried it in highschool, there was a hispanic club, a african american club, but when I brought up the idea up a european club, I was told that it was racist.
Then there was something wrong with your school officials. If I were superintendant of schools I'd enact the study of European heritage month. But remember though...in all high schools it is important that every student take a U.S. History class to graduate. That class pretty much covers American Heritage. I wouldn't be offended if there was a European History Month.

That's great to hear there should be a European heritage month or Jewish Heritage month O0
I'm not sure why there isn't a Jewish Heritage month ... I wish there were.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2008, 06:55:28 PM »
JTF is not interested..just some hardcore fundamentalist Jews want to ban certain things for Jews...

Except that's not how you help non religious Jews from understanding Judaism..it only causes these types of Jews to hate Judaism more...

And I know Judaism is a wonderful religion...It's not about banning this and about banning that. And it's not about hating this and hating that.  And it's not about world to come this and world to come that and heaven this and heaven that and hell this and hell that....  Geez!!!

Judaism is a religion of life and how to live it properly...

Those who wish to ban or impose their views or make people feel guilty and talk about worlds to come and heaven and this and that, don't really understand the true nature of Torah and Judaism and the wise Rabbis of back then who talked about it...

I've personally had it with certain members on this forum...because this kind of blasphemy is destroying this movement and the righteous things that it desires to pursue.  It honestly makes Jews look just as bad as the self hating ones we complain about all the time...

All of you who are hardcore like this are really turning me off and in fact having an opposite effect on me....Just as the Deformed and Deconstructed and Conserved movements have destoreted the Torah so have the hardcore of you on the opposite end...I really feel like a Jew right now with no synogogue to go to...They all think they have it right way...but there isn't a single way to be a righteous Jew....that's a one world mentality.  There are many different ways of being a righteous Jew.

Anyway, that's all I have to say...and you all know who you are who are doing this...this is one Jew you are turning off....before i came on this forum, it was the opposite...Now i'm getting disgusted.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2008, 06:57:18 PM »
Black history month is racist. I think that was a great thread! I saw a news flash where this woman who was over a hundred years old was waiting all her life to vote for a black man (Obama) on TV and they made it out to be this really great thing. I think it's terrible! You are only voting for someone because they are black?? She wasn't voting because he stood for anything or that she thought he was moral or would even do anything for the country... she voted for him because he was black and didn't vote for anyone else... because they were white. That's real racism - and stupidity.

Some of the holidays have pagan origins and we are commanded to have nothing to do with paganism. We know that those posts are not going to magically stop valentines day which is a huge corporate cash cow. I don't celebrate these things and I think that's the right thing to do. People should treat those they love in very beautiful ways on days that aren't expected. This is much more romantic - when it's not forced and comes only from the heart.

If you don't like the threads, then don't read them. This is a public forum and people are free to post as they wish. (ESPECIALLY Yacov who should be shown more respect!)

Black History month isn't racist. Almost every culture represented in the world gets a History Month. Google it.

White history is celebrated throughout the year. There should be a European  History month though. Maybe you should make sure that happens?

but why does it have to be a Black history month and not an African History month?  Why do we focus so strongly on the color of one's skin?  that's racist to me...white or black.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2008, 06:58:59 PM »

Tried it in highschool, there was a hispanic club, a african american club, but when I brought up the idea up a european club, I was told that it was racist.
Then there was something wrong with your school officials. If I were superintendant of schools I'd enact the study of European heritage month. But remember though...in all high schools it is important that every student take a U.S. History class to graduate. That class pretty much covers American Heritage. I wouldn't be offended if there was a European History Month.

That's great to hear there should be a European heritage month or Jewish Heritage month O0

you have a point, but there are only 12 months in a year...

Maybe a history week...African, European, Australian, Jewish, Indian, umm...Asian...and there are 52 weeks...makes sense..

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2008, 07:01:25 PM »

When?  No one brings this up.  I have yet to hear the media or anyone saying "White history month".

RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2008, 07:16:08 PM »
I agree with Dr. Dan.  The banning topics are stupid and I stated this when Yacov first started making a million of these silly threads a few months ago.  Also Dr. Dan is right that many of you are acting like arrogant fanatics trying to make everyone do things exactly like you think or your Rabbi thinks and not tolerating any one else's opinion.  The fact is that if you really study the Torah or know anything about the Torah than you will realize that there is a verse in Ethics of Our Fathers that escapes my memory but it basically says that Jews should do things in a way that others are able to follow.  Meaning, that there are things in Judaism that are permitted to do Rabbinically and Biblically at least according to valid commentaries and do not violate custom.  However, Jews on a high level of spirituality refrain from doing things that are really allowable since they see and feel that it is not what G-d would want a righteous Jew to do.  The Talmud has several of these extra personal restrictions that the righteous Rabbis did.  Jews on a lesser level of spirituality don't follow these extra personal restrictions since they feel no need to and are not able see the logic.    What the Mishnah is saying that one should follow what he thinks is the proper thing that G-d wants and impose extra restrictions oneself in private and never try to forcefully impose these personal extra restrictions on other people.  In public one must act like the average Jew and keep one's righteousness to themselves and be humble.  One must make the average Jew feel that they are able to follow the path of a righteous Jew and that his path is not too far away to reach.  Being tolerant of the different commentators opinions, other Jew's opinions, being very humble, treating every Jew with more respect than one treats himself, looking at the holyness of the average Jew, and being very tolerant and patient with those not so religious and be careful to not criticize him and if absolutely necessary to do so in a roundabout way is how you achieve this.  For this example, simply say that it is not forbidden from the Torah to do this according to several commentaries but many great Tzadikim will impose the restriction on themselves not to do it since they don't feel it is a proper thing to do. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2008, 07:22:54 PM »
Well things like Valentine's Day is huge in the U.S. these ideas will NOT sell to the American public thats for sure as far as banning.  They will not take us seriously if we are going to run around banning everything.  They will think of us as a big joke at the end.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2008, 11:45:38 PM »
I agree with Dr. Dan.  The banning topics are stupid and I stated this when Yacov first started making a million of these silly threads a few months ago.  Also Dr. Dan is right that many of you are acting like arrogant fanatics trying to make everyone do things exactly like you think or your Rabbi thinks and not tolerating any one else's opinion.  The fact is that if you really study the Torah or know anything about the Torah than you will realize that there is a verse in Ethics of Our Fathers that escapes my memory but it basically says that Jews should do things in a way that others are able to follow.  Meaning, that there are things in Judaism that are permitted to do Rabbinically and Biblically at least according to valid commentaries and do not violate custom.  However, Jews on a high level of spirituality refrain from doing things that are really allowable since they see and feel that it is not what G-d would want a righteous Jew to do.  The Talmud has several of these extra personal restrictions that the righteous Rabbis did.  Jews on a lesser level of spirituality don't follow these extra personal restrictions since they feel no need to and are not able see the logic.    What the Mishnah is saying that one should follow what he thinks is the proper thing that G-d wants and impose extra restrictions oneself in private and never try to forcefully impose these personal extra restrictions on other people.  In public one must act like the average Jew and keep one's righteousness to themselves and be humble.  One must make the average Jew feel that they are able to follow the path of a righteous Jew and that his path is not too far away to reach.  Being tolerant of the different commentators opinions, other Jew's opinions, being very humble, treating every Jew with more respect than one treats himself, looking at the holyness of the average Jew, and being very tolerant and patient with those not so religious and be careful to not criticize him and if absolutely necessary to do so in a roundabout way is how you achieve this.  For this example, simply say that it is not forbidden from the Torah to do this according to several commentaries but many great Tzadikim will impose the restriction on themselves not to do it since they don't feel it is a proper thing to do. 

wow

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2008, 11:55:53 PM »
wow
Cool.  I got a fan club now.   O0
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2008, 12:56:40 AM »
If only we could ban NAZISM
from the surface of this tiny planet !!!

>:( >:( >:(

In fact Nazism is banned by law in most countries. But the ban has no effect if nazis can still act as anti-zionists. The fisrt step to make the world a better place is to free Har Habayt. And I am not speaking form a religious point of view, but from a political and social perspective. Nearly all the world is based on the histoty of Jerusalem. All religious fundamentalists are based on claims on it. And seculars are based in hate towards Jerusalem. Once it is totally given to Jews, we, Goyim, can start to work together for a better future, free form right and left.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2008, 12:44:18 PM »
wow
Cool.  I got a fan club now.   O0

well, i have an allie in you JDL4ever..you have my full respect.