Do you eat Junk food

Yes yes I do its yummy
7 (38.9%)
No its crap and costs to much
6 (33.3%)
Once in  a very blue moon
5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Fast Food  (Read 4888 times)

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
Fast Food
« on: January 30, 2008, 06:51:40 PM »
I notice that a few people eat what I class as junk food, ie Burger king, KFC  ::)

Or eat out having all manner of weird things.

Don't people cook at home any more, I find it shocking that so much time is spent on eating prepared food, that you really have no idea whats in it.

Just because people say its one thing, often its not.

Maybe its lifestyle and up bringing, I was always told to cook for myself, because then you are doing best for yourself and family, making sure only the best freshest and healthy food is given.

Or maybe I am just weird  :::D :D

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Fast Food
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 06:58:00 PM »
I occasionally do... just because its the right thing to do at the time!  ;D

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 07:05:16 PM »
I don't think junk food is bad quality, but it is very expensive. In addition to that I don't like the taste.

I cook for myselve everyday and it is very cheap and tasty.

1 whole frozen chicken with 1.3 - 1.4 kg weight costs ca. 2 EUR.

Vegetables are at the discounter so cheap.

The most expensive things in kitchen are Safran, fresh fish (except herring) and Wine.

I suggest everybody to cook for yourselve and your families. You save a lot of money, then you can donate JTF some of it  :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 07:15:32 PM »
I like cooking my own food AND I like fast food.  O0

yes, same here O0

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 07:20:12 PM »
I won't eat mcdonalds or KFC, I will only eat fast food if I have to and i'm on the run, other than that the only fast food I really eat would be maybe subway.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 07:56:47 PM »
Much to my regret I once had McDonald's french fries.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 08:02:40 PM »
Very, very rare, especially since I am now trying my best to be kosher. O0

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 08:06:22 PM »
My favorite resaurant offers soup, and steak and salad with french fries for 8,5 euro,
That's actually cheaper (and way better) than fast food.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 08:08:56 PM »
My favorite resaurant offers soup, and steak and salad with french fries for 8,5 euro,

Sounds better Ambiorix  O0

I want to go to your favorite restaurant now I'm hungry ;D

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 08:17:23 PM »
Do you know how much that equals in dollars?

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 08:21:07 PM »

for 70 euro you have a top-quality meal for two persons with 2 bottles of wine, and 3 courses, coffee and desert.
That's cheap, in comparison with some other restaurants, or with restaurants in e.g. Scandinavia...
Apart from that I cook every 1-2 days. Eating costs me around 10 euro a day??
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 08:23:12 PM »

for 70 euro you have a top-quality meal for two persons with 2 bottles of wine, and 3 courses, coffee and desert.
That's cheap, in comparison with some other restaurants, or with restaurants in e.g. Scandinavia...

Very cheap and worth it for even 2 bottles of wine in addition O0

What type of food is it exactly?

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 08:24:06 PM »
€ 1=   $ 1.478
€ 5 = $ 7.391
€ 8.5 = $ 12.565

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 08:32:35 PM »
No, I just don't like fast food, and I rather cook my food.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline abdithefaithful

• Full JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 08:33:21 PM »
Although I will admit to occasionally ( and very rarely) indulging in what would be considered "fast food", while caught "on the road", "in transit" and/or in a "desperate predicament", where the opportunity to prepare & cook a healthy and economically sound meal for myself is both impractical and impossible, I must take the position that the continued heavy reliance and dependence that America has with "fast food" is nothing short of disHEARTENING  (it is also extremely unhealthy for the human HEART, pun intended). As America continues to develop and even encourage "lazy behavior", behavior that allows people to cheat themselves and their families out of "eating healthy" simply because they're too lazy to shop and prepare their own food-- because it's so much "easier" for them to pull up in their automobile vehicle to the local fast food "drive through" and place their order anonymously to a complete stranger on the other end of a microphone/speaker device, and then "woof down" their food while driving recklessly through traffic with a burger in one hand and a cell phone or text messager in the other--- well, I think you get the picture...

And it's also worth mentioning that America's fixation with "Fast Food" is greatly responsible for the current "foreclosure" and "debt crisis"!! That's right, people waste so much money on "fast food" that they're unable to pay their bills in a timely fashion. Instead of taking the time to go to the supermarket and then prepare their meals at home, the tried and tested method that "old school" Americans have practiced for generations, a practice that enabled past generations to have enough money left over from their weekly food budget to "sack some away" for the proverbial "rainy day" or retirement, "today's" generation of "modern" families completely ignore that practical approach and waste much of their income on overpriced fast food--- and then before long they find themselves caught in the whirlwind of spiraling debt--- this is a major problem that's so often overlooked, but definitely needs to be addressed if we're to bring some sense to America's ongoing and horrific debt crisis! Wise Up America Before It's Too Late!!!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 08:36:01 PM by abdithefaithful »
If you don't like The Great Chaim, then you sure as heck wouldn't like me!

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 08:33:29 PM »
No, I just don't like fast food, and I rather cook my food.

Yes, it always tastes best when something is freshly made and picked out rather than going to old fast food.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 08:45:28 PM »

I try to translate:

** cream-soup with tomato's and red paprika

** Rose fish baked with white wine Or 2 artisanale shrimp croquettes

** lambsmeat "lambs-crown ??" with chicory "Ardennes"
Or:
 "filet pur" (best part of the cow , I don't know in english) Whiskey/estragon/paprikas

** chocoladepudding or fresh fruit salad

**** MENU INCLUDING WINES AND COFFEE:35 EURO PP

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 08:49:28 PM »

I try to translate:

** cream-soup with tomato's and red paprika

** Rose fish baked with white wine Or 2 artisanale shrimp croquettes

** lambsmeat "lambs-crown ??" with chicory "Ardennes"
Or:
 "filet pur" (best part of the cow , I don't know in english) Whiskey/estragon/paprikas

** chocoladepudding or fresh fruit salad

**** MENU INCLUDING WINES AND COFFEE:35 EURO PP

sounds good, especially the lamb O0

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 08:56:27 PM »
* lambsmeat "lambs-crown ??" with chicory "Ardennes"

I love chicory. I cook it with citron-juice, some butter ans salt. Tasty  :P :P :P

Lamb is very tasty too, but expensive  :P :P :P
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 08:57:29 PM »

I love chicory. I cook it with citron-juice, some butter ans salt. Tasty  :P :P :P

Maybe check your local Turkkk,  >:(

Just Erica

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 09:10:36 PM »
I notice that a few people eat what I class as junk food, ie Burger king, KFC  ::)

Or eat out having all manner of weird things.

Don't people cook at home any more, I find it shocking that so much time is spent on eating prepared food, that you really have no idea whats in it.

Just because people say its one thing, often its not.

Maybe its lifestyle and up bringing, I was always told to cook for myself, because then you are doing best for yourself and family, making sure only the best freshest and healthy food is given.

Or maybe I am just weird  :::D :D

I cook all of the time... (just finished cooking dinner not long ago)...but I do like junk foods. I don't eat at McDonalds often; twice a month. I don't eat at Burger King anymore, no particular reason. I don't like KFC..the chicken is too salty. I do enjoy Ben and Jerry's ice creams a lot. My favorite flavor is Chunky Monkey. (SHUT UP, NEWMAN!  :-\ )

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 09:12:57 PM »

I never go eating in a Muslime restaurant. If I buy one kilo fresh lamb from the butcher I could buy from the ammount of money up to ten big lamb-meals. There is something fishy.

Before one year the police had caught a few butchers. They have made this great meat skewers for Muslime restaurants. They used for it flesh-waste, pig and chicken and mixed all together.

Look on google for "Gammelfleisch".  :(

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 09:17:22 PM »

I never go eating in a Muslime restaurant. If I buy one kilo fresh lamb from the butcher I could buy from the ammount of money up to ten big lamb-meals. There is something fishy.

Before one year the police had caught a few butchers. They have made this great meat skewers for Muslime restaurants. They used for it flesh-waste, pig and chicken and mixed all together.

"Gammelfleisch"  hmmm... my favourite..  :P :o

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2008, 09:21:29 PM »

It means translated "scruffy meat". This Muslimes are unbelievable ;D

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2008, 09:22:38 PM »

It means translated "scruffy meat". This Muslimes are unbelievable ;D
Is kebab and pitta meat "gammelfleish"