Author Topic: Why no threads about Florida results?  (Read 982 times)

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Why no threads about Florida results?
« on: January 30, 2008, 08:45:39 PM »
I'm shocked not to see anything here.

Basically JTFer's should not lose hope. Just because we lost this one does not mean we did not have a huge impact on even this election. The results were so close.

It may be that if we had not posted on the Orlando Sentinel and Miami Heralds McCain would have had a more decisive victory.

The media is trumping up this McCain victory just as Chaim predicted, but if anyone is watching closely they would see that McCain just barely eeked out a win here and it's not like he's riding high against Romey or the others. He's holding on to his lead narrowly and is only eeking out wins in liberal states.

There's still the vast majority of states to go. The vast majority of delagates are still up for grabs.

So let's get back into this with renewed resolve. I have no doubt that posting on the newspapers has a very real impact. Maybe not enough to swing the election in this case, but it may be that those posts are what kept it close.

So let's all resolve that next time we'll double the amount of comments we did on the relevant newspapers, and the we can at least say that we did our part.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
Re: Why no threads about Florida results?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 08:52:10 PM »
That might be a bad move.
If new people come and see nothing in General Dicussion section about the big news they might think this forum is not active.
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 11:21:32 PM »
If new people come and see nothing in General Dicussion section about the big news they might think this forum is not active.
they see that we have lots of posts, I think it's ok
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 12:11:31 AM »
they see that we have lots of posts, I think it's ok

Well then they might think that we're active, but ignorant to what's going on in the world.
Just a bunch of crazies spouting off about their right wing views with their head in the sand. Know what I mean? :)