Author Topic: Ask JTF For February 17 Broadcast  (Read 12250 times)

admin

Ask JTF For February 17 Broadcast
« on: December 05, 2006, 10:57:09 PM »
BS"D

Note To All Posters: Only one post per person is permitted. Please make it a single, short question.

Chaim would love to answer all of your great questions but (unfortunately due to the number of questions and time constraints), if there is more than one short question, it will have to be moved to The Future Ask JTF Section. We apologize for this inconvenience and only wish that every person has a chance to be heard on the show.

Or course, comments not directed to Chaim will be moved into a separate thread under The General Discussion.

Chaim has stated that only one short question or comment per poster will be answered. Please remember that even with these rules, the program is over 2 hours long every week! If you want to post a longer question, unfortunately, Chaim may or may not be able to answer it in it's entirety. In this case, you may copy and paste parts of your question for the following week.

Thank you for your kindness and respect regarding these rules.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

BS"D

Chag Purim Katan Sameach,

What do you think of people claiming that there was no year 0 before 1 C.E.? I think it's foolish because the whole idea of starting the C.E. count from a particular time isn't meaningful because it was just a date picked. Any year could have been picked but it is useful though in dating B.C.E. dates from Pre-Historic times before Biblical Man was created. It is also useful when there is a difference in Jewish History between Seder Olam dates and actual Historical dating.

Also, was there ever a point in your life when you celebrated The Secular New Year? If so, how did you celebrate?

Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim,
Chief Administrator.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 09:13:32 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline TorahZionist

• Pro JTFer
Re: Ask JTF For February 17 Broadcast
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 07:25:46 AM »
I'm posting this on behalf of Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim.

Thank you for answering my question about The Chief Administrator of the Hebrew forum. Who is the administrator that runs the Hebrew website now that Oz left?

Also, please read the below comment on the air.

On the main English JTF website, the link to Noam Federman's page under the section to write to the Israeli authorities on his behalf is broken because the old link no longer exists as a result of changing to the new Hebrew site URL. I also think the link to his show on the Hebrew website should say "Federman LeLo Tzenzura", the name of his program, and not just "Tochnito Shel Noam Federman" just like the other Hebrew shows have their names listed.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 11:34:08 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 12:20:26 PM »
Dear Chaim

What is you opinion of Jewish Athletes and Celebrities that don't keep Kosher or Shabbat. They are setting a bad example.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 10:22:13 AM »
What should be the response of the Israeli Government regarding the Homicide bombing near the Israeli Nuclear Reactor that occurred recently. TY Chaim
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 03:44:03 AM »
Shalom Chaim,

If Ron Paul wasn't anti-Semitic would you support him? Do you think that he is right on many issues?

Thanks,

Yisrael
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 12:58:22 AM by Yisrael »

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 04:43:00 AM »
Dear Chaim

Not long ago I found out that a person who is dear to me is false. I now have to choose between my faith and loyalty to one thing or love for another.

Do you think loyalty is more important than love?

Thank you.

(you don't need to read this out)
 This is why I like animals far more than people, they never ask you to choose, and they never lie
  8;)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 10:26:15 PM by Skippy »

Offline YESHA

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Pro JTFer
  • I love our Yesha residents - Judea & Samaria.
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 09:14:16 AM »
-Hello Chaim –How did you manage to talk so eloquently and professionally for 29 minutes on JTF and TBA, with no props and script – all in one go? It is extremely impressive, and you are still doing it on your videos, albeit for a shorter period stint. --Zev.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 10:48:46 AM »
Shalom Chaim

How often do you get a dental check up? 

Thanks

Dr. Dan

-yeh you guessed it. now you know what kind of doctor I am.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 07:13:41 PM by Dr. Dan »
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 10:56:42 AM »
Shalom Chaim,

Why do so many average Jews continue to hold a positive opinion of "Rabbi" Teitelbaum? Let's call this "leader" for who he was: the Jewish Wallace Fard. His serpentine collaboration with the Nazis and Kastner in order to save his own hide was bad enough, as was his lifelong commitment to jihad against his brothers and sisters, but all of that aside, the man was just plain insane!

He taught, amongst other things, that G-d was going to judge and damn Israel by smiting down all buildings in structures in the land, and that then he would directly replace them with edificies and monuments that he himself created. How can the most highly educated religious tradition on the planet buy into this asinine hooey, and how can mainstream Jewry tolerate the fact that a substantial number of their brothers and sisters still believe this scoundrel was HaShem incarnate?

G-d bles you,
Chaimfan
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 11:05:56 AM by C.F. »

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 04:18:22 PM »
Shalom Chaim!!  What do you think about this law suit against Micheal Savage and people in San Franciso who are trying to get him off the air?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 08:36:03 PM »
Hello Chaim. A while back I had talked to some people in a pro-Israel chat room and the topic of a charity that plants trees in Israel was brought up. Would it be good to donate to such a charity, considering that the trees planted might be in places that could fall into the filthy paws of the Palescumians later on, or should I support the planting of trees in Israel hoping that won't happen?

Offline Hail Columbia

• Master JTFer
  • Vrijheid, Welvaart, Beschaving
    • AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2008, 09:23:35 PM »
Dear Chaim,

What do you think of donating blood?  Today after church, me and my mom went to donate blood.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 12:31:11 PM by Hail Columbia »

Learn the truth about rap "music": (Strongly recommended for new members)
www.geocities.com/wilder2k1
My MySpace site:
http://www.myspace.com/hailcolumbiajtf
My YouTube site:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HailColumbiaJTF
Dixie Outfitters, Preserving Southern Heritage Since 1861:
http://www.dixieoutfitters.com/
AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website:
http://www.africancrisis.co.za
The Right Perspective, NYC's Most Dangerous Callers to Talk Radio, Airing Live Every Friday Night, 10 PM EST:
http://www.therightperspectivepodcastblog.blogspot.com/

In thy power Almighty, trusting,
Did our fathers build of old;
Strengthen then, O Lord, their children
To defend, to love, to hold
That the heritage they gave us
For our children yet may be:
Bondsmen only to the Highest
And before the whole world free.
As our fathers trusted humbly,
Teach us, Lord, to trust Thee still:
Guard our land and guide our people
In Thy way to do Thy will.

Offline ape

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2008, 11:43:13 PM »
I'm not the conspiracy type but I think it's unusual that McCain is so successful. Just because McCain was successful in a previous primary then the people of the next primary decide to vote for him? This momentum effect seems strange to me..
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 10:27:07 PM by ape_has_killed_ape »

Offline 2honest

• Senior JTFer
  • MayIsraelPrevail
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 08:17:49 AM »
Dear Chaim,

could you say a few things about the tensions between blacks and Jews you mentioned on the program last week? When did it start? In how far were Martin Luther King and Jesse Jackson involved?

The JTF Videos were the first occasion that I realized a movement like Nation of Islam exists!

Thanks for spreading the message!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 08:50:59 AM »
 Dear Chaim i had a prescription recently filled the Drugstore that i always use it was owned by White Anglo Saxon Protestant i never had any problems.The Drugstore was bought by Israeli i have full insurance from my job an excellent plan.When the new owners the Israeli made my prescription i asked how much he said 90 dollars  >:( i always paid 6 dollars co payment he told me he ran it through his computer,i paid and left.When i got home i called my insurance and told them he said my insurance had expired .They told me the guy is lieing and is obviously a theif they said they are going to report him.Question 1 why do Israelis give themselfs bad names in other words bad practices.question 2 am i a rodef for reporting him.

Thank you for your time
Mord
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 07:08:14 PM »
Dear Chaim,

Do you think some police officers don't do their job correctly and don't stop enough criminals, thieves, murders, etc. which are a greater threat than some uncalled for tickets or other threats police should be stopping?

G-d Bless,

-JTFFan

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 09:28:25 PM »
The situation with Iran and its nuclear program is quite disturbing. It seems that the world stands by as these Nazis build their arsenal. What politicians, if any, in Israel and the US, are taking this threat seriously? We hear strong statements occasionally from both countries, yet nothing is done.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 12:29:53 PM by rellikmilsum »

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
  • islam must be eradicated & all muslims wiped out
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 11:16:43 AM »
Shalom Chaim,
I just watched your video 'How Israel Should Respond To Muslim Terrorism'. It really put a smile on my face, especially when you stick it to the islamic filth at the end. My question to you this week is - will you allow gentiles in Israel to join these freedom fighting gorups? Thank you for your time,

Mstislav
The satanic barbaric deathcult of islam spread like a cancer throughout the world, killing and destroying everything it touches. muslims are like the hiv/aids virus, subverting the societies of non muslim lands only to allow the cancer of islam to consume and destroy. muslim, I curse and hate you, your 'prophet', 'g o d' and deathcult.   

Because the West needs to be won again and the stakes couldn't be higher . . .

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 06:10:11 PM »
Dear Chaim,

In recent posts, Lubab has made it clear that he beleives the Rebbe is Moshiach and that the Rebbe Was "Atzmut uMehut Mitlabesh B'Guf." The Essence and Being of G-d clothed in a body.

I don't have any personal problem with Lubab, I don't think he's a bad person but I have a serious problem with someone with such views being the Torah moderator on the forum.

I am furious at what he is doing. Making posts in the Torah section explain how a Resurrected Moshiach and the beleif that a Person could be G-d clothed in a body are perfectly acceptable in Judaism.

I know that you like Lubab very much but I think in this case we are dealing with Avodah Zarah and Minut here.

People think I am upset about this because supposedly I want to replace him as Torah moderator. Chaim, please remove him and replace him with anyone but me. I don't want glory or honor. I just want a person with such views not running the Torah section.

What do you think, Chaim?

« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 06:06:47 PM by judeanoncapta »
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 09:54:07 PM »
   We need to support a third party candidate. I know that our newest movement is to stop Osama. I don't want him as president as much as you don't want him. I cannot however support McCain in order to defeat Osama. Supporting McCain sends the wrong message to the republican party. It tells them that no matter how bad a candidate they choose, we will support him. If you really think that McCain is better than Osama in the long run than we need to find a third party candidate that will take votes away from Osama rather than McCain. We cannot support McCain in any positive fashion.
   While Osama is bad, an even worse case scenario is McCain followed by Osama. Yes the American people want Osama in office and like Dinkens was the worst Mayor NYC has ever had, Osama will be the worst president ever. Our country is sick and we may have to vomit to get this out of our system.
   We have already lost this election and now we need to prepare ourselves for 2012. I'm not suggesting that anyone support Osama, but we have to voice our values by supporting a third party candidate with the understanding that it may mean four years of hell no matter what happens.
   Like Huckabee or any third party candidate, JTF is also an underdog. Asking me to support McCain instead of the candidate that best represents my values is like asking me to support the republican party instead of JTF just because they are bigger, have more money and have a better chance of winning in the short run.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 12:27:57 PM »
Shalom Chaim.

Somebody mentioned in the forum that you personally think that all of the righteous Jews perished in the Holocaust and that the only ones that survived were the communist / self hating ones. Just wanted to know if this statement was true ?
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 11:55:13 PM »
Dear Chaim:

Could David possibly join you for an Ask JTF broadcast in the future?

Shalom

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2008, 06:18:52 PM »
Dear Chaim.

Is it worth it for me to speak out in my English class?  I have a minority (hispanic) teacher who specializes in "minority literature" who spews out moral nihilism every class.  He doesn't "discriminate" against homosexuals and believes that they are just another form of "wanting partnership."  He has attacked the traditional family, and wishes that men had less responsibilities.  He's basically a leftist nihilist.

I probably wouldn't get any converts to conservatism, especially our G-d based Conservatism that the overwelmingly secular student body and faculty abhor with a passion.  I feel like no matter how many times I speak out for my conservative beliefs, I don't reach anyone on any level that doesn't already agree with my views.  It was like this in one of my old High School classes: I spoke out for Conservative beliefs every day, but I was the only bastion of real conservatism.

Offline imaknick

• Full JTFer
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2008, 08:50:31 PM »
What do you think of the local program "Israel update" with Helen Freedman and Charlie Bernhaut?  What is your opinion on the co- hosts?  I saw you on their program a while back.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2008, 02:48:11 PM »
Dear Mr. ben Pesach,

thank you for answering my question last week. I understand.

This week i will ask you the following question:

There is a company on the internet. Its name is http://www.cafepress.com

They are selling promotion articles for blogs, politicians etc.

They carry out the whole logistic too, so that JTF has only less work with it.

We could make a competition for the best JTF-designs on this forum.

In the annex are some examples from the sortiment of the blog GatesofVienna:

JTF could sell JTF coffee mugs, the original Chaim ben Pesach flat cap, JTF-t-shirts. beerglasses., mousepads etc.

This would bring us two benefits.

First - JTF would be more familiar to the public and Second - JTF would make profit in order to give it to the work of JTF and VJA.  :)

What do you think about this?

Sincerly,

Ullrich

Annex:

"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani