Author Topic: Hamas Chief Spokesman Slams "Palestinian" Anarchy  (Read 5401 times)

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
Hamas Chief Spokesman Slams "Palestinian" Anarchy
« on: August 28, 2006, 11:26:11 PM »
Look, I know they are disgusting beasts... but if Israel would seriously handle the crisis over there, we'd see a lot more of this:

BBC NEWS: Hamas figure slams Gaza 'anarchy'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5293854.stm

The Gaza Strip is in the grip of anarchy and Palestinians must stop blaming Israel for all their problems, a senior Hamas figure has said.

Ghazi Hamad, chief spokesman for the Hamas government, said the hope that followed Israel's pull-out last year had been replaced with "a nightmare".

Gaza is at the mercy of thugs, he said, and pleaded for an end to deadly clan rivalries. "Let Gaza breathe," he said.

Such frank self-criticism is rare among Palestinian leaders, analysts say.

Mr Hamad's comments came in an article, which was published in Palestinian newspapers on Monday.

He said they were his own views and did not represent the position of his government.

"I am not interested in discussing the ugliness and brutality of the occupation because it is not a secret. Instead, I prefer self-criticism and self evaluation," Mr Hamad wrote.

Overwhelming problems

He said life in Gaza City now involved "unimaginable chaos, careless policemen, young men carrying guns and strutting with pride, and families receiving condolences for their dead in the middle of the street."

And he was also critical of militants who fire crudely-made rockets into Israel, saying ordinary Palestinians paid a high price when Israel responded militarily to such attacks.

Mr Hamad said Gazans should stop laying the blame for their mistakes at the door of the Israeli occupation.

"Our extreme joy at their departure made us forget the most important question: What is our next step?" he went on.

Hamas swept to power in elections in January and promised to bring law and order to the Gaza Strip.

Mr Hamad's remarks would seem to be an admission that it has completely failed to do so, the BBC's Alan Johnston in the West Bank says.

But he adds that the best government in the world would have struggled to cope with Gaza's overwhelming social and economic problems.

Hamas has also been paralysed by the crushing Western and Israeli economic boycott imposed because it has refused to renounce violence and accept Israel's right to exist.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

El Cabong!

Re: Hamas Chief Spokesman Slams "Palestinian" Anarchy
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 03:28:53 AM »
He is a minority of arab people who understands and accepts the fallacies of his people. When they begin to realize that they are their worst enemes, they might begin to live and thrive in peace. Look atthe blacks in this country, the same thing. Blaming the government and white people for all their ills.

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 01:04:40 PM »
When they begin to realize that they are their worst enemies, they might begin to live and thrive in peace

Let them stay in anarchy it is better for Israel. You do realize that their successes are our defeats? If the so called Palestinians were to have succeeded in creating a "moderate democratic" Muslim state then the pressure on Israel to give up more land coupled with their own self-hating tendencies would mean the end of the Jewish State.
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline NeverMore

• Senior JTFer
  • Glory to the Brave!
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 08:10:22 PM »
When they begin to realize that they are their worst enemies, they might begin to live and thrive in peace

Let them stay in anarchy it is better for Israel. You do realize that their successes are our defeats? If the so called Palestinians were to have succeeded in creating a "moderate democratic" Muslim state then the pressure on Israel to give up more land coupled with their own self-hating tendencies would mean the end of the Jewish State.

I really cant find a reason it would push us to give more land, just as i cant find one to justify the retreats already made. but you may be right, in a way that you cant know whats gonna happen next here. look at Sharon- said he valued Gush Katif just like T-A. and look what happened.

"Our extreme joy at their departure made us forget the most important question: What is our next step?" he went on.
about this- i dont think that they consider caring for their people as the next step, but attempting to take more and more land away from us (the whole west bank for example, continuing with Jerusalem and so on), i think this is rather clear.
although i dont believe them having their own state will help them to press us on giving up land more than what they do now.

Kahane was right!

Rhuan

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 10:43:02 PM »
Ultimately, the only way to bring order back to Gaza would probably be to give it back to Israel.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 01:30:29 AM »
Ultimately, the only way to bring order back to Gaza would probably be to give it back to Israel.

Absolutely. But no-one needs to give it back because it's still theirs. That's what's so crazy about it all.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

yephora

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 06:31:48 PM »
"They Must Go."

That's Israel's solution.
The Arabs can then devour each other for all I care.