Author Topic: First Post!  (Read 2641 times)

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
First Post!
« on: February 03, 2008, 11:38:32 PM »
On behalf of all Ashkenazi Jewry, I'd just like to say that good, homemade Gefilte Fish is awesome!  Kugel too...  ;)

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
Re: First Post!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 05:36:44 PM »
I must say that I don't like Ashkenazi food in general :~|
Middle Eastern food is much better in my opinion.
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 05:42:10 PM »
what is Kugel?
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 12:32:56 AM »
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 04:46:41 PM »
Kugel is better than lockshon pudding.

potatoe kugel is the standard one. But I have had carrott kugel too.   Jews eat these things at the shabbat table when families go round to eat at other families in the community (community usually works by synagogue affiliation).. If you ever changed synagogue, (or perhaps if you frequent more than one), then you may know more people. From time to time the woman of whichever house you are going to, is a really really great cook.
One shul(synagogue) I know offers kugel at the shul kiddish every week.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 05:08:41 PM »
Kugel is better than lockshon pudding.

potatoe kugel is the standard one. But I have had carrott kugel too.   Jews eat these things at the shabbat table when families go round to eat at other families in the community (community usually works by synagogue affiliation).. If you ever changed synagogue, (or perhaps if you frequent more than one), then you may know more people. From time to time the woman of whichever house you are going to, is a really really great cook.
One shul(synagogue) I know offers kugel at the shul kiddish every week.
My shul always has a Lokshon kugel at kiddush, and they'll occasionally have a kartofl kugel also...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 10:42:04 PM »
Is anyone familiar with greebins [not sure how it is spelled]? It is basically chicken fat and skin with onions cooked in a frying pan until the the onions are black and caramelized. It forms a greasy pasty black stuff that tastes and smells heavenly. Great for your heart also.