Author Topic: We'll soon see how serious Huckabee is about winning.  (Read 2124 times)

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
We'll soon see how serious Huckabee is about winning.
« on: February 10, 2008, 08:13:37 AM »
Only days after the departure of Romney, and the subsequent (and nauseating) 'victory appearances' by McCain, we find that Huckabee, a supposedly dead competitor, returns to bloodying McCain's nose in a couple primaries.  Heck, McCain looks to have barely gotten past Huck in liberal Washington.

As much as I hate to say it, McCain may indeed be inevitable.  However, Huckabee's continued presence in the race presents genuine conservatives in remaining primary states to make an anti-McCain statement in the voting booth.

Here's my point:  Some suggest that Huckabee is angling to be McCain's VP.  If so, then he's going about it in a rather peculiar way, by publicly embarrassing the supposedly inevitable Republican nominee.  In the brass-knuckle world of politics, maybe Huckabee is forcing McCain's hand, demanding the VP slot as the price for quitting the race, the only way the McCain can avoid further embarrassment?

et

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: We'll soon see how serious Huckabee is about winning.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 08:21:47 AM »
Only days after the departure of Romney, and the subsequent (and nauseating) 'victory appearances' by McCain, we find that Huckabee, a supposedly dead competitor, returns to bloodying McCain's nose in a couple primaries.  Heck, McCain looks to have barely gotten past Huck in liberal Washington.

As much as I hate to say it, McCain may indeed be inevitable.  However, Huckabee's continued presence in the race presents genuine conservatives in remaining primary states to make an anti-McCain statement in the voting booth.

Here's my point:  Some suggest that Huckabee is angling to be McCain's VP.  If so, then he's going about it in a rather peculiar way, by publicly embarrassing the supposedly inevitable Republican nominee.  In the brass-knuckle world of politics, maybe Huckabee is forcing McCain's hand, demanding the VP slot as the price for quitting the race, the only way the McCain can avoid further embarrassment?

et
In the end McCain will be the man that runs in November. Huckabee may be feathering his bed for a future run but as far as this go around he is washed up. McCain gains nothing by taping  Huckabee as a VP.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 09:05:28 AM »
"McCain gains nothing by tapping Huckabee as a VP."

I'm not so sure about that.  First, Huckabee is not a hard-right conservative, but choosing Huck would be something of a nod to a disaffected right.  And second, Huck has proven himself to be a vote-getter in the South.  IF Obama is the Democratic nominee, with black populations in the South running >20% in some cases, the Republicans cannot count on winning the South by default.  And if a Republican cannot win the South, then he's doomed to defeat, maybe even by landslide.

Believe it or not, one of the names that I heard mentioned as a McCain VP was NYC Mayor Bloomberg, and the McCain campaign did not deny that 'Mike the Kike'* was under consideration.  So much for the Republicans getting the NRA endorsement by default.

*Chaim's term, not mine.

et

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 09:31:44 AM »

I'm not so sure about that.  First, Huckabee is not a hard-right conservative, but choosing Huck would be something of a nod to a disaffected right.  And second, Huck has proven himself to be a vote-getter in the South.  IF Obama is the Democratic nominee, with black populations in the South running >20% in some cases, the Republicans cannot count on winning the South by default.  And if a Republican cannot win the South, then he's doomed to defeat, maybe even by landslide.

Believe it or not, one of the names that I heard mentioned as a McCain VP was NYC Mayor Bloomberg, and the McCain campaign did not deny that 'Mike the Kike'* was under consideration.  So much for the Republicans getting the NRA endorsement by default.

*Chaim's term, not mine.

et
Here is a better scenario. When Hillery looses to Obama she will be available to run as McCain's VP. That would attract the center of both parties. Not my people but a larger voting block then the Conservative right.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 10:10:24 AM »

*Chaim's term, not mine.

et
Here is a better scenario. When Hillery looses to Obama she will be available to run as McCain's VP. That would attract the center of both parties. Not my people but a larger voting block then the Conservative right.

The Republican National Committee (RNC) has to officially nominate McCain's selection as Veep.  If he chooses Hitlery Saddam, he will first be slapped in the face with her being refuted, then he will lose because that will inflame the GOP to a point of no return.  Might even cause electoral delegate to hold their votes and open a brokered convention.  That would be the stupidest most of McCain's political career after his "shocking comeback". :-[ :o
It was just something that came to mind. Seeing that the difference between McCain and Hillery is very minimal on political issues and only modestly different on social and Religious issues it would not be a tough pill for the RNC to swallow. I have been a card carrying member of the RNC for close to 25 or so years. I have seen the party abandon its Conservative base to recruit more moderate prospects. As far as I am concerned the RNC is a bunch of traitors who will do and accept anything as long as it brings in the vote. So don't be surprised at what they can and will accept. Sadly there is no point in trying to suggest a conservative candidate to run with McCain. He will not want one and the RNC will not want that either. They have decided to run on the big tent principal. Little do they know that the tent will be empty and they are turning their backs on their staunchest asset the Conservative and religious right wing of the party. 

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 10:33:30 AM »

*Chaim's term, not mine.

et

The Republican National Committee (RNC) has to officially nominate McCain's selection as Veep.  If he chooses Hitlery Saddam, he will first be slapped in the face with her being refuted, then he will lose because that will inflame the GOP to a point of no return.  Might even cause electoral delegates to hold their votes and open a brokered convention.  That would be the stupidest move of McCain's political career after his "shocking comeback". :-[ :o
McCain is a liberal so giving Hillary the vice presidency wouldn't mean much, the RNC at this point wouldn't care less.

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 10:35:20 AM »

et
All is Huckabee is doing by being in it is wasting time, he is a loser and by bashing McCain all is he is doing is driving more votes to Obama in the general election.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 10:55:04 AM »

*Chaim's term, not mine.

et

If Obama wins, he will choose a Latino VP (or should i say a Casecoid Oriental Negroid who's origin is in Latin America)?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 11:04:47 AM »
You make a good point. By him picking someone like that he could pick up some of the flagging Hispanic vote. Sadly I really think this guy could very likely be our next president. This election reminds me of the old Marx Brothers Movie who's name escapes me. It was about the underdog winning the election and then not being able to run the country.

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 12:20:45 PM »
If McCain picks Hillary as his VP mate (something that I personally believe would be impossible, even for the Great Maverick), then he better have a good food-taster.  (grin)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 12:25:20 PM »
If McCain picks Hillary as his VP mate (something that I personally believe would be impossible, even for the Great Maverick), then he better have a good food-taster.  (grin)

there is some talk that it might be pawtley (minnesota governor) or Sara Palin (Alaska governor)

If Obama wins and doesn't choose hillary as VP candidate, then it will be pawtley.
If Hillary wins McCain will choose a female VP candidate.

Since the Demoncratic race is close...if it ends up as close to a tie, then chances are, Hillary or Obama will choose the other for VP, although i think it is less likely Obama woudl choose Hitlery than Hillary choose Obama.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2008, 12:33:16 PM »
A good point but I think Hillery could wait out the 4 years. I don't believe McCain desires running both terms.