Author Topic: Rabbi Ovadia Yosef question (NOT a flame)  (Read 13976 times)

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Re: Rabbi Ovadia Yosef question (NOT a flame)
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2008, 12:18:25 PM »
You claim that every Acharon disagrees with this is also contradicted by a pretty clear letter from Rav Aharon Soloveitchic Z"TL on this topic.

I had the zechus to speak with him myself about this topic before he passed away.
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2008, 12:19:59 PM »
Do you like Mordechai Eliyahu?

He also said this belief was Kosher. He even made a few speeches where he implied pretty strongly that the Rebbe will be Moshiach (post Tammuz 3).

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2008, 12:21:15 PM »
In short, the reason we still believe Moshiach can come from the dead is BECAUSE we learn that Rambam every year. We know it better than you do and I'm prepared to talk about every word of it if you like.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2008, 02:36:40 PM »
Folks, I think we're going to have to agree to disagree about Rabbi Ovadia Yosef.  Since Chaim has criticized the Rabbi on his shows, I am not going to ban people for expressing their disagreement with ROY's policies.  All I ask is that people clean up their language. 

DWI, you have plenty of information to use.  So just stick to stating the facts about R.O.Y.  There's no need to say Yimach Shmo.