Author Topic: Skippy's Animals!  (Read 22266 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Skippy's Animals!
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2008, 12:50:30 AM »
That's okay.  You know those wired haired terriers photograph like dolls.  By the way Skippy.  I'm thinking of surprising my parents with a dog.  Which kind do you think would be good for them?  I wouldn't call them elderly, but they're getting up there and I don't know how much energy they have.  My mother generally likes smaller dogs, like chihuahuas or pugs, but I don't know what would be the most practical choice given their temperments.  Maybe one that could be somewhat independent would be good.  Hope all is well.

Ari

It's not a good idea to surprise someone with an animal. Ask them if they want one. The animal will need care, which will take work, and vet visits, which can run into a lot of money.

You're basically saying "Here mom and dad, a gift that will cost you hundreds of dollars that I never even asked you about first! Enjoy! Oh, and it pees too!"

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2008, 01:15:47 AM »
That's okay.  You know those wired haired terriers photograph like dolls.  By the way Skippy.  I'm thinking of surprising my parents with a dog.  Which kind do you think would be good for them?  I wouldn't call them elderly, but they're getting up there and I don't know how much energy they have.  My mother generally likes smaller dogs, like chihuahuas or pugs, but I don't know what would be the most practical choice given their temperments.  Maybe one that could be somewhat independent would be good.  Hope all is well.

Ari

Good small dogs here are my choices........And I do agree with Ruby make sure they want a dog first  O0

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

Papilion

Toy Poodle

Jack Russel

Same and my Jack a Pomeranian  O0

LOL

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2008, 01:15:51 AM »
Yes, good point Rubystars.  I have asked them though and they think they would be able to handle it, but I'm the one with reservations.  That's why I would have to make sure that the breed is one I think they could put up with, one that wouldn't be too much of a terror.  Your dog is cute too by the way. O0

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2008, 01:16:53 AM »
Did you see my post lol  :::D

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2008, 01:17:12 AM »

Hideous.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2008, 01:19:12 AM »
Great, thanks Skippy.  Yes, I know my mom loves that Jack Russell terrier from Frasier (Eddie), but I read a little about the breed and they are supposed to be a little bundle of energy.  I'm not sure she would be able to keep up running with it, lol.  Those pics provide some good suggestions, and I'll follow up on them.  Oh yeah, one I saw in a pet store that seemed very small and cute was also a mini yorkie.  I think they also like pugs too. O0

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2008, 01:21:06 AM »
Come on Scriabin.  Be kind now.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2008, 01:25:15 AM »
Great, thanks Skippy.  Yes, I know my mom loves that Jack Russell terrier from Frasier (Eddie), but I read a little about the breed and they are supposed to be a little bundle of energy.  I'm not sure she would be able to keep up running with it, lol.  Those pics provide some good suggestions, and I'll follow up on them.  Oh yeah, one I saw in a pet store that seemed very small and cute was also a mini yorkie.  I think they also like pugs too. O0

Pugs are very active too lol

Yorkies are not really suitable, they have alot of health issues.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2008, 01:27:42 AM »
Oh, poor little guys, how about Chihuahuas?  Are they terrors?  Even Tinkerbell?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2008, 03:07:30 AM »
Oh, poor little guys, how about Chihuahuas?  Are they terrors?  Even Tinkerbell?

Chi's are the great little dogs in my opinion. Health wise pretty good, but can have knee and hip problems.

Honestly ALL dogs have health problems.

You must buy from a good breeder, have all the health checks. I can't stress enough on the importance of good health care for the dogs.

All dogs will get into mischief, its apart of the puppyhood.

I do have a favorite dog  :-[ :-[ :-[ I am so ashamed to say. I love all animals but these dogs you can't bet.

They are loyal, hardy, healthy, guard dogs and doers.

For my money you can't bet a Scotty or Aberdeen Terrer. They range from Black to White.

newman

« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2008, 03:11:24 AM »

Those dogs have really heavy scottish accents. I've seen one on TV. :)

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2008, 03:16:44 AM »
LOL well I am Half Haggis Basher  O0 :::D

newman

« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2008, 05:26:45 AM »

I'm part kaiber tosser, too. :D

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2008, 06:00:32 AM »

I'm part kaiber tosser, too. :D

Argh Ha no wonder ye is a bonney wee laddie  ^-^ :::D

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2008, 07:00:47 PM »
Hey Skippy.  I was wondering how you went about naming all your animals.  Did you read into their personality before naming?  Do you ever have trouble telling them apart?  Hope all is well. O0

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2008, 08:41:20 PM »
Hey Skippy.  I was wondering how you went about naming all your animals.  Did you read into their personality before naming?  Do you ever have trouble telling them apart?  Hope all is well. O0

Something very wonderful happens twice a year on my porch, I am uploading the photo's  ^-^

As for naming my animals some come with names, others we name, yes every animals has a different personality, and different soul, that shines through. The Names fit the animals to a tee.

I never have any trouble telling them apart, I know each one, what noises they make, even whos pooh I am cleaning up.

Yes the glories of animal ownership Pooh duty  :::D :::D

Each of my animals have favorite toys, blankets, beds etc....

My cats are inside cats and my dogs are both inside and out.

And much to the horror of many on this forum, yes I have two dogs that sleep on my bed  :o :o :::D :::D

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2008, 09:18:34 PM »
Here it is a pair of wild doves makes a nest in my hanging basket, which contains wandering dew lol

She has done this for two years.

These are her babies, she is right by our front door and we talk to them all the time. :)

« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 09:20:51 PM by Skippy »

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2008, 10:09:15 PM »
Oh great stuff, Skippy.  I like doves, elegant birds.  She's right on time again, for two years now you say. O0

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2008, 12:19:30 AM »
Oh great stuff, Skippy.  I like doves, elegant birds.  She's right on time again, for two years now you say. O0

Yes she amazed us. Two years ago she comes and sets up house, right below her is were the dogs play, and the basket is at eye level. She so quiet and cute we never chased her away. It was so exciting we watched her raise her babies, and watching them learning to fly was a laugh. Then she came back again and again.

We never water the plant while she is there and we keep her little home safe. This year I even put up shade for her, the sun is very bitting this time of year.

Only takes her 3 weeks from laying eggs to her babies flying.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2008, 12:28:41 AM »
That's pretty neat.  Maybe you could domesticate one of the babies. O0

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2008, 12:30:38 AM »
That's pretty neat.  Maybe you could domesticate one of the babies. O0

LOL why? these are wild animals living how they should, i just protect her a little, she is free and her babies are free.

G-d I think would never approve of anything else.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2008, 12:34:24 AM »
Mmmh, yes, I guess you're right. O0

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2008, 12:39:03 AM »
Mmmh, yes, I guess you're right. O0

you can buy doves here that have been cage breed  :)

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2008, 12:52:46 AM »
Yes, my mother's friend has a white dove she keeps at home.  It belonged to her son, who used to do magic tricks with it, but she got stuck with it when he left for college, lol.  My mom tells me she hears it cooing whenever she's over that lady's house.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2008, 12:55:18 AM »
Yes, my mother's friend has a white dove she keeps at home.  It belonged to her son, who used to do magic tricks with it, but she got stuck with it when he left for college, lol.  My mom tells me she hears it cooing whenever she's over that lady's house.

Yes the make alot of cooing and Poohing   :-\