Author Topic: Ask Scriabin  (Read 42112 times)

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
Ask Scriabin
« on: February 13, 2008, 01:36:34 AM »
If anyone needs advice, I am here.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
Re: Ask Scriabin
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 04:10:47 AM »
Scriabin,

What is your opinion on Russia?
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 12:41:29 PM »
what was your name before going back to Scriabin again?

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 12:42:37 PM »
Yes, I need advice please.

I have to hand in 2 courseworks by tomorrow, each around 1000 words and I don't know what to do. At the same time I have to had in an ICT project in on Friday and I have at least another 10 hours of it left to go. Any idea how I should methodically complete everything, or most of the stuff. I can't think, my head is clogged up.

I know that, that is pathetic but I really don't know what to do. I always miss deadlines.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 12:50:03 PM by Sarah »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 01:12:13 PM »
Get off the computer and write.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 01:18:30 PM »
Scriabin how old are you?

Who is your daddy and

What does he do?

(Say that in the Arnold Shwartzeneggar way)
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 01:46:47 PM »
Scriabin,

Russia changed in 1917 for the worse.  Tzarist Russia was infinately superior to Commusnist Russia.  Russia once had a huge and prosperous middle class.  They used to produce Great Art, Literature, etc.  Now what do they produce?

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 01:59:43 PM »

I have to hand in 2 courseworks by tomorrow, each around 1000 words and I don't know what to do. At the same time I have to had in an ICT project in on Friday and I have at least another 10 hours of it left to go. Any idea how I should methodically complete everything, or most of the stuff. I can't think, my head is clogged up.

I know that, that is pathetic but I really don't know what to do. I always miss deadlines.

Rubystars is right.  We all need to be able to tell ourselves, "No more internet today.  I have work to do."

Sounds like you're a procrastinator.  So am I.  The best thing you can do at this point is to try and calm down.  Stop thinking so much.  Instead, focus on your breathing.  Take long, slow deep breaths and breathe into your belly.  Your belly should expand and contract as you breathe.  One thing to remember is never hold your breath.

There's only so much that can be done at the last minute.  Don't waste your time with frantic over-thinking.  Correct your thinking and breathing and you'll have good results.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 02:00:10 PM »
what was your name before going back to Scriabin again?

Kanzaburo.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 02:00:52 PM »
Scriabin how old are you?

Who is your daddy and

What does he do?

33.  Who is yo mama?

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 02:10:03 PM »
Can you tell us who is the guy in your Avatar and why he means so much to you?

Thanks. I like this show.
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 02:19:34 PM »

Rubystars is right.  We all need to be able to tell ourselves, "No more internet today.  I have work to do."

Sounds like you're a procrastinator.  So am I.  The best thing you can do at this point is to try and calm down.  Stop thinking so much.  Instead, focus on your breathing.  Take long, slow deep breaths and breathe into your belly.  Your belly should expand and contract as you breathe.  One thing to remember is never hold your breath.

There's only so much that can be done at the last minute.  Don't waste your time with frantic over-thinking.  Correct your thinking and breathing and you'll have good results.

OK. Thank you, anyway it isn't the end of the world if i don't finish.
Get off the computer and write.
I have to type it and need the internet for research, I have to resist getting distracted, after this i vow not to come back on. :)
I multi-task.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 02:24:44 PM »
Can you tell us who is the guy in your Avatar and why he means so much to you?

Thanks. I like this show.

That is Alexander Scriabin.  

I am a musical fanatic and a musical snob.  I hate junk music.  I love the Beatles, but let's face it, they aren't worthy of shining Beethoven's shoes.  

Scriabin is dear to me because his music is so unique and because he was such a fascinating character.  An oscar-winning movie could be made about his life.  The soundtrack is already finished.  I venture to say that Scriabin was the most original and the most imaginative musician who ever lived.  

His compositions are consistently of the finest quality.  His calligraphy was perfect.  He wore the finest clothes wherever he went, etc.  

Now, was he a saint?  No.

He was an adulterer, a blasphemer and a bad father.  Still, my musical passions are such that I cannot help how I feel when I listen to his music.

I guess that I call myself 'Scriabin' because I want to promote his music.  I think that he was a great composer that deserves to be heard.

Thanks for your question, Lubab.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 02:27:47 PM by Scriabin »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 02:28:12 PM »
are you jewish? What's yoru nationality?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2008, 02:29:31 PM »
are you jewish? What's yoru nationality?

No.  I consider myself B'nai Noah

American.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 02:46:20 PM by Scriabin »

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 03:54:05 PM »
Scriabin,

Russia changed in 1917 for the worse.  Tzarist Russia was infinately superior to Commusnist Russia.  Russia once had a huge and prosperous middle class.  They used to produce Great Art, Literature, etc.  Now what do they produce?
don't you agree that some composers under the tyranny of Stalin wrote great symphonies/chamber music and so on?
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 04:01:09 PM »
Scriabin,

don't you agree that some composers under the tyranny of Stalin wrote great symphonies/chamber music and so on?

Of course, but I can only Imagine what could have been.

There has been an overall decline in Music, Art, civilization and culture since Beethoven.  Did Communism play a role in that decline?  Probably.

Still, most of the great Russian Stalinist-era composers lived in America or at least, outside of Russia.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2008, 04:04:24 PM »
Scriabin,

There has been an overall decline in Music, Art, civilization and culture since Beethoven.  Did Communism play a role in this decline?  Probably.

Still, most of the great Russian Stalinist-era composers lived in America or at least, outside of Russia.
I disagree.
I don't think Communism is the cause of this.
It is the industrial revolution, and the fall of the Feodal System.
Beethoven actually advocated far-left Napoleonistic policies himself...

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2008, 04:14:21 PM »
Scriabin,

Russia changed in 1917 for the worse.  Tsarist Russia was infinitely superior to Communist Russia.  Russia once had a huge and prosperous middle class.  They used to produce Great Art, Literature, etc.  Now what do they produce?

There has been an overall decline in Music, Art, civilization and culture since Beethoven.  Did Communism play a role in this decline?  Probably.

I disagree.
I don't think Communism is the cause of this.
It is the industrial revolution, and the fall of the Feodal System.

You are probably right about the industrial revolution.  I do know this, however.  A delicate artist like Scriabin would have perished under the Bolshevik regime.  Its a good thing that he died in 1915. 

It is interesting to note that all of the Communist-era composers are insensitive, thick-skinned, angry paranoid types like Shostakovitch, Stravinsky and Prokofiev.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2008, 04:15:18 PM »

Beethoven may have had left-wing beliefs, but his music is non-political.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 04:26:07 PM »

Thus he was a leftist, against the monarchies.
Mozart was a free-mason.

Haydn was working for the Esterhazys. That's a difference.

Music and art are never un-political.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 04:32:38 PM »

Thus he was a leftist, against the monarchies.
Mozart was a free-mason.

Haydn was working for the Esterhazys. That's a difference.

Music and art are never un-political.

How can Music be political? 

Paining and sculpture?  Yes. 

Literature?  Of course. 

But music? 

Explain to me the politics of Beethoven's piano sonatas, string quartets, symphonies (save number 9)?  I'm not speaking of Words and music.  That's another matter.  But again, it is the words that are at fault, not the music.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2008, 04:42:06 PM »
tell us something about yourself Scriabin:
 where do you live? where did you go to school? are you married/in a relationship?
 what caused you to become involved in the JTF/Kahanist movement?

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2008, 04:47:57 PM »
tell us something about yourself Scriabin:
 where do you live? where did you go to school? are you married/in a relationship?
 what caused you to become involved in the JTF/Kahanist movement?

California.

I learned about JTF when I lived in Queens.

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2008, 04:49:52 PM »
Scribo - We understand you like Alexander Scribian. Do you also like George Michael and Freddie Mercury ?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 04:53:22 PM by Merkava »
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"