Author Topic: The Ask Lubab "Show"  (Read 97559 times)

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Re: The Ask Lubab "Show"
« Reply #175 on: June 25, 2008, 11:05:08 PM »
Rabbi Lubab,

What made you decide to be a Rabbi? Was there a certain event that happened in your life or did you make the decision over a long period of time?

-Shlomo

Hi Shlomo! G-d bless you for everything  you've done for JTF and the Jewish people. We are all eternally grateful.

Funnily enough Tina Greco asked me a similar question much earlier on in this thread.

I'll repost the question and answer here:

Quote from: Skippy on February 14, 2008, 05:48:11 PM
Lubab why did you choose to be  a Rabbi?

Well I'm not a Rabbi by profession. I chose to do the studies to get Rabbinical ordination because the Lubavitcher Rebbe directed that every Jewish man should do this before they get married.

He gave a few reasons for this:

1. Because each Jewish man is the "Rabbi" in his home whether he likes it or not. You can't ask a Rabbi about everything, so at least the man should actually know what he's talking about.

2. It's also important to know WHEN you need to ask a Rabbi. If you don't know anything about halacha you don't know how to ask, when to ask, what to ask.

So basically because of the Rebbe's great concern that each Jewish home be run in accordance with Jewish law, he directed that everyone complete these studies.

I don't think I'm a big scholar at all. I'm the "de-facto" forum Rabbi because I happen to have this certificate, and nobody else seems to want the job.   ;)
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #176 on: June 26, 2008, 01:47:20 AM »
Thank you, Rabbi.

We are so honored to have you on the forum and you are very humble and wise.

How long does it take to become a Rabbi? What is required?
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #177 on: June 26, 2008, 02:32:55 AM »
Thank you, Rabbi.

We are so honored to have you on the forum and you are very humble and wise.

How long does it take to become a Rabbi? What is required?

Thank you Shlomo I wish I was as wise as I might appear sometimes on here but in fact it's my Rabbi who is the wise one. I often go ask him the questions posted here and just parrot back what he says. Thanks anyway, though.

It depends on which yeshiva you plan to do your studies. In Chabad they know you will probably not make novel halachic rulings with your semicha without further study so the studies can technically be completed within a year which his how long it took for me to do it.

Most all shluchim will defer to the ruling of a senior paskeing (fully able to decide novel halachic issues) Rov if a novel question comes up. For a Chabad Rabbi to decide these issues they need another year of study plus a one year internship under such a paskening Rov making a total of 3 years.

So the first level of semicha which I have (called Yadin) involves learning the laws of milk and meat and other laws of kashrut, salting meat, some laws of kosher slaughter and the laws of Shabbat. Some programs will also require mastery of Chumash with Rashi. For Yadin Yadin (the paskening level)  you need to learn the laws of the Jewish Court system among many other topics. 

In a semicah program like YU they will require other courses like Jewish philosophy, history and public speaking but this really has little to do with semicha but just is helpful if you are going to be a Rabbi by profession. I believe their entire program is four years.
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #178 on: June 26, 2008, 09:33:57 AM »
Rabbi Lubab:

Thank you for the answer it really opened my mind.

P.S. You don't do it with the mohel or at the bris generally, you do it 31 days after birth.

Well a family member of mine was asked to get the silver coins ready right after the bris for their first-born son.

plus the Kohen usually returns the coins to the father as a gift after the ceremony.

In this case the rabbi said they keep the coins, perhaps Chabad Jews tends to be more generous than the "enlighten Jews" of "Conservative Judaism".
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #179 on: June 26, 2008, 02:38:24 PM »
Rabbi Lubab:

Thank you for the answer it really opened my mind.

P.S. You don't do it with the mohel or at the bris generally, you do it 31 days after birth.

Well a family member of mine was asked to get the silver coins ready right after the bris for their first-born son.

plus the Kohen usually returns the coins to the father as a gift after the ceremony.

In this case the rabbi said they keep the coins, perhaps Chabad Jews tends to be more generous than the "enlighten Jews" of "Conservative Judaism".

Sure! But doing it at the bris would only happen if they babies bris were delayed because the baby is sick and got better on that 31st day, so someone is probably trying to pull a fast one here.

I doubt consevative and Reform Jews do this right at all as they reject the Talmud which explains the details of how it's done.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #180 on: September 09, 2008, 10:16:21 PM »
Dear Rabbi Lubab,

Is there any way, in your opinion, to somehow petition to have Nik back on the forum?   :dance:
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #181 on: September 16, 2008, 02:29:28 PM »
Dear Rabbi Lubab,

Is there any way, in your opinion, to somehow petition to have Nik back on the forum?   :dance:

Dear Rabbi Lubab, yes, I agree with MarZutra, my very dear brother, I miss Nik. I understand that Judaism comes under attack, as does all of the different denominations of Christianity.

With this being said... would you not agree that when we have faith in HaShem it is personal also?  It does not bother me, if people attack Judaism, b/c I KNOW MY G-D, who is NOT contained by anything.  I pray that BOTH you & Nik would please perhaps do youtubes together.
  I also have to ask if you also agree with Rabbi Kahanes: "Those who cannot debate, defame?"  Because this is what happened in the case with Nik.   Do you agree that if people just do not believe in the 9-11 conspiracies, that it should be brought up?  OR, would you suggest a different thread just for it, b/c people WILL believe what they believe.  thanks.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #182 on: September 18, 2008, 04:37:45 PM »
I support Nik being brought back and the old "Stop The New World Order" section be brought back as well where his threads would be moved.
This way we are not stifling debate and yet it doesn't need to take place in the General Discussion section where some JTFers would find it embarrassing and distracting. 

I have brought up this idea to the higher ups but so far no response.

Maybe if people get together and demand it something will happen.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #183 on: September 18, 2008, 05:19:03 PM »
I support Nik being brought back and the old "Stop The New World Order" section be brought back as well where his threads would be moved.
This way we are not stifling debate and yet it doesn't need to take place in the General Discussion section where some JTFers would find it embarrassing and distracting. 

I have to say this with all due respect. nikmatdam was warned numerous times about his 9/11 conspiracy posts by the admins and mods. I would support his return if he stopped with the conspiracy nonsense. Personally, I think JTF gave him a rather generous shot.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #184 on: September 18, 2008, 07:32:07 PM »
Lubab, Paulette I believe you are both right and Nik should be brought back to the forum.  Only an ignoramus who is absolutely closed minded to, not only reality, but possibility that "Conspiracies" do exist.  Google "Commission + Mafia" and you will find the FACT that there was a meeting held by the five major crime families which conspired to control organized crime, or even better "Jeckyll Island Club" which was founded in 1886 and via the, highly similar to the aforementioned, "Jeckyll Island Meeting of 1910" brought us the highly unconstitutional Federal Reserve Banking system in 1913 to which President Andrew Jackson with these words:

"The bold effort the present bank has made to control the government, the distress it had wantonly produced...are but premonitions of the fate that awaits the American people should they be deluded into a perpetuation of this institution or the establishment of another like it."

So if a few top membering families of organized crime could conspire in 1931 to control an illegal industry which made Meir Lansky state "We are bigger than U.S. Steel..."  Why is it somehow impossible for a comparable number of even more fabulously wealthy industrialist and international financiers to do the like within Politics, via Adam Weishaupt in 1776 Bavaria, Banking in 1913 or any other area....or the selling out of Israel or America which meets their NWO "needs"?
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #185 on: September 19, 2008, 10:36:02 AM »
Lubab,
           what do you think about the CHAT now available on our Forum?

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #186 on: September 19, 2008, 10:51:23 AM »
Good catch, Dan. I thought no one would notice. We'll make an announcement soon.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #187 on: September 19, 2008, 10:57:05 AM »
Good catch, Dan. I thought no one would notice. We'll make an announcement soon.
;)!
 The Chat looks great and it's user friendly, now let's see what the others think...
btw, why do I appear as (dan ) on the chat username-login name?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 07:26:15 PM by Dan »

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #188 on: September 23, 2008, 07:23:54 PM »
Lubab,
           what do you think about the CHAT now available on our Forum?

I just found out about it and it looks absolutely fantastic! I want to see more people in there.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #189 on: September 24, 2008, 12:30:55 AM »
Shalom,

I am absolutely against having this kind of 9/11 conspiracy stuff posted where I have to deal with people who read it. I tried to make peace with Nik but he is on a crusade. I dont know what people thought was interesting about that kind of mindless 4 page drivel {not even punctuated properly}.

I am really at a loss why there are so many people who support this kind of lunacy. You can read better conspiracies off the News Rags in line at the supermarket.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #190 on: September 24, 2008, 09:05:41 AM »
Shalom,

I am absolutely against having this kind of 9/11 conspiracy stuff posted where I have to deal with people who read it. I tried to make peace with Nik but he is on a crusade. I dont know what people thought was interesting about that kind of mindless 4 page drivel {not even punctuated properly}.

I am really at a loss why there are so many people who support this kind of lunacy. You can read better conspiracies off the News Rags in line at the supermarket.

muman613

Do you believe that this recent financial collapse and "bail out by the Federal Reserve" is connected to the Government or do you feel that these banks operate totally independent to those in the government?

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #191 on: September 25, 2008, 10:27:03 PM »

muman613

Don't be "at a loss". Research. Read. Learn....why that view is so popular. Examine the evidence.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #192 on: September 25, 2008, 10:41:34 PM »
Shalom Lubab,

I got into an argument with a very intelligent religious Jewish friend of mine. He claims I can't use Kedem grape juice for kiddish and that I have to use alcoholic wine. I have seen the Kedem bottle used in synagogue before at the table. Do you know what the halacha is on this?

-Shlomo

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #193 on: September 25, 2008, 10:53:46 PM »
Shalom Lubab,

I got into an argument with a very intelligent religious Jewish friend of mine. He claims I can't use Kedem grape juice for kiddish and that I have to use alcoholic wine. I have seen the Kedem bottle used in synagogue before at the table. Do you know what the halacha is on this?

-Shlomo

Ideally it should be alcoholic wine, but you can use grape juice in certain circumstances e.g. if the person cannot get wine, cannot afford it, or is an ex-alcoholic, or they get sick from alcohol.

There is some question about whether the grape juice and wine we have today really qualifies because it is so weak, but that is another issue.

Someone who goes around telling other people what to do without all the facts probably doesn't have that good of an understanding of halacha because halacha is complicated, with many options and it varies based on subtle differences in circumstances.

By the way, it is more important to have wine on Yom Tov than on Shabbos. So an extra effort should be made at that time, but there are still ways out of it.

Kedem makes wine and grape juice.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #194 on: September 26, 2008, 09:28:47 AM »

I have to say this with all due respect. nikmatdam was warned numerous times about his 9/11 conspiracy posts by the admins and mods. I would support his return if he stopped with the conspiracy nonsense. Personally, I think JTF gave him a rather generous shot.

PJC...with the Anti-Semitism that is now here, while his conspiracy theories were off, and ON.. I think EVERYTHING that IS happening, SOLIDIFIES what he WAS TRYING TO GET ACROSS.  That thread that he kept STARTING was NOT really for the Righteous Gentiles on this forum, IT WAS A WARNING that we HAVE to take HEED to, as Jews- AND AS CHRISTIANS, after all, PJC, the GOOD Catholics during the holocaust were AGAINST Hitler, AND their Church, and if Jews EXPOSE the EVIL in OUR people, Christians & Catholics, ETC NEED to do the SAME thing.

IF a person is STRONG in their faith in G-d, then stuff like what Nik wrote means ZERO. Why? BECAUSE IT DOES NOT PERTAIN TO YOU.  There IS good and BAD in ALL religions, ALL, And to NOT stand and SEE the unrighteouness in ones OWN doctrine- is SHAMEFUL.  My BEST friend (who died) was Catholic, and she CONSISTENTLY stood AGAINST when Catholicism was OFF.  Catholicism WAS off in the 30's/40's, EVIDENCE of this, IS THE MANY MANY CATHOLICS that stood in the GAP and SAVED, and hid JEWS.

Lubab, I believe that you should use all your power to get Nik back, while some, and even MANY of his insights- ESPECIALLY 9-11 were OFF, he is very gifted as far as seeing things AHEAD.   HE IS NEEDED. HE IS A RABBI. HE IS ALSO loving, but people were TOO BUSY PERSONALLY attacking him, to have seen this! I saw it, I also saw how he SHARED his personal life, and it was USED AGAINST HIM. Very BAD. 
Like him or NOT- he is BRAVE.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #195 on: September 26, 2008, 11:31:59 AM »

PJC...with the Anti-Semitism that is now here, while his conspiracy theories were off, and ON.. I think EVERYTHING that IS happening, SOLIDIFIES what he WAS TRYING TO GET ACROSS.  That thread that he kept STARTING was NOT really for the Righteous Gentiles on this forum, IT WAS A WARNING that we HAVE to take HEED to, as Jews- AND AS CHRISTIANS, after all, PJC, the GOOD Catholics during the holocaust were AGAINST Hitler, AND their Church, and if Jews EXPOSE the EVIL in OUR people, Christians & Catholics, ETC NEED to do the SAME thing.

IF a person is STRONG in their faith in G-d, then stuff like what Nik wrote means ZERO. Why? BECAUSE IT DOES NOT PERTAIN TO YOU.  There IS good and BAD in ALL religions, ALL, And to NOT stand and SEE the unrighteouness in ones OWN doctrine- is SHAMEFUL.  My BEST friend (who died) was Catholic, and she CONSISTENTLY stood AGAINST when Catholicism was OFF.  Catholicism WAS off in the 30's/40's, EVIDENCE of this, IS THE MANY MANY CATHOLICS that stood in the GAP and SAVED, and hid JEWS.

Lubab, I believe that you should use all your power to get Nik back, while some, and even MANY of his insights- ESPECIALLY 9-11 were OFF, he is very gifted as far as seeing things AHEAD.   HE IS NEEDED. HE IS A RABBI. HE IS ALSO loving, but people were TOO BUSY PERSONALLY attacking him, to have seen this! I saw it, I also saw how he SHARED his personal life, and it was USED AGAINST HIM. Very BAD. 
Like him or NOT- he is BRAVE.

I have been trying but I will try harder. But I do recall you being one of the people who gave him a very rough time.
If you've changed your view about him I respect and accept that.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #196 on: September 26, 2008, 11:48:59 AM »

No, I never did, you may ask him yourself, and check my posts. I stood by Nik, b/c he got BRUTALLY and PERSONALLY attacked. I did not agree with what he said, Lubab, but I DID NOT attack him AT ALL. NO WAY.  I liked Nik, and respected him, even moreso, b/c he had to withstand the ferocious attacks. NOT me, Lubab, uh uh  :nono: I DONT come against a Rabbi- to me that is like touching a piece of G-d and Thou shalt not touch G-ds ones, and live.
  I am all for FREE SPEECH, PERIOD, it is simple now, I choose to ignore certain people that I believe are HATEFUL individuals, I dont see WHY he cant come back, and do the same, people ignoring him, if they dont like it? Don t you think so? They had a CHOICE to ignore, or get in the middle, didnt they?
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #197 on: September 26, 2008, 04:50:04 PM »
Is Nik really a Rabbi? Did he get Smicha? Judging from the way he wrote it is hard for me to believe that this guy was a Rabbi. From his writing style it seemed like he was not very literate {spelling and grammar errors and atrocious punctuation}. I read Rabbis writing every day and it seemed like Nik hadnt learned the way to express his ideas.

I know that he and I would not get along in the same room. I am a proud American, my family has fought for this country, my brothers life was taken by terrorists, and yet this guy wants to blather on about how America is really the enemy. Really?

If that is what you want, you can have it. I just know that I dont associate with people who believe such stuff. We are in many ways judged by the people we associate with. I have tried to understand Nik, but what I came away understanding is that he was unable to get along with people because he was warned NUMEROUS times to put a sock in it concerning several issues. He adamantly disobeyed the requests and got what he deserved.

What ever happened with the idea that Nik set up his own blog where he can express his 'esoteric' ideas without having to associate with me and the other sane people. I support his freedom of expression but I just dont think it does the Anti-Obama campaign any good, and that is what brought me to this site. If this site is one where all kinds of anti-American conspiracies are propagated please count me out. I am very proud of this country and my families ability to prosper here. People who are tearing it down are on my crepe lists.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #198 on: September 26, 2008, 06:02:17 PM »
Is Nik really a Rabbi? Did he get Smicha? Judging from the way he wrote it is hard for me to believe that this guy was a Rabbi. From his writing style it seemed like he was not very literate {spelling and grammar errors and atrocious punctuation}. I read Rabbis writing every day and it seemed like Nik hadnt learned the way to express his ideas.

I know that he and I would not get along in the same room. I am a proud American, my family has fought for this country, my brothers life was taken by terrorists, and yet this guy wants to blather on about how America is really the enemy. Really?

If that is what you want, you can have it. I just know that I dont associate with people who believe such stuff. We are in many ways judged by the people we associate with. I have tried to understand Nik, but what I came away understanding is that he was unable to get along with people because he was warned NUMEROUS times to put a sock in it concerning several issues. He adamantly disobeyed the requests and got what he deserved.

What ever happened with the idea that Nik set up his own blog where he can express his 'esoteric' ideas without having to associate with me and the other sane people. I support his freedom of expression but I just dont think it does the Anti-Obama campaign any good, and that is what brought me to this site. If this site is one where all kinds of anti-American conspiracies are propagated please count me out. I am very proud of this country and my families ability to prosper here. People who are tearing it down are on my crepe lists.

muman613

Yes Muman, Nik is an Orthodox Rabbi who has delved into researching the anti-Jew movements and has placed most, if not all, of his contempt for the Vatican and their Society of Jesus.  The fact that Perez is, some say, selling out Jerusalem to the Vatican and perhaps the Russians...  May give Nik base for his contempt.

I'm well aware of the history of the Jesuits and the Vatican and too the many theories towards their goals/intentions but Nik has placed them in his sights over all other anti-Jew movements.  He is very knowledgeable on Torah, Gamara, Halacha etc.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #199 on: September 26, 2008, 06:45:38 PM »

muman613

Yes Muman, Nik is an Orthodox Rabbi who has delved into researching the anti-Jew movements and has placed most, if not all, of his contempt for the Vatican and their Society of Jesus.  The fact that Perez is, some say, selling out Jerusalem to the Vatican and perhaps the Russians...  May give Nik base for his contempt.

I'm well aware of the history of the Jesuits and the Vatican and too the many theories towards their goals/intentions but Nik has placed them in his sights over all other anti-Jew movements.  He is very knowledgeable on Torah, Gamara, Halacha etc.

He MOST DEFINATELY IS Orthodox. He did NOT DESERVE the defaming and DELIBERATE attacks on his persona. He didnt attack ANYONE, PERSONALLY- he said ONE thing- "Shut upDan" that was IT.
  Others may not agree and that is FINE BY ME. 
  MarZutra is a WONDERFUL character and GREAT man, who would NOT make things up, And he CANNOT bear false witness to/against ANYONE EVER, will NOT EVER to 'take up for someone' or the vice/versa "JUST BECAUSE"   Lubab is a RIGHTEOUS man, and LOVES HaShem, as is MassuhD. 
  They are NOT going to 'lie' just to look good. AT ALL, EVER.

Lubab- I want to know something, (MarZutra has brought this upto me as well) I am starting to REALLY believe that there is an 'oligarchy' I want to know, do YOU believe DOWN DEEP in your heart that the CFR is real?  The Bildebergs REAL? All of these people, ARE THEY REAL, and do YOU think that they are tied up in Islam?   (I DO)
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל