Author Topic: The Ask Lubab "Show"  (Read 96928 times)

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
The Ask Lubab "Show"
« on: February 13, 2008, 08:59:32 PM »
What the heck. I'll join the fun.

Ask away. No topic is off limits. Ask about ANYTHING.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 01:37:10 PM by lubab »
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Ask Lubab
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 11:33:17 PM »
Lubab,

How do you control your anger?  This is something that I could work on.

Shalom

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 02:28:15 AM »
Dear Lubab

Tell me why when men get a cold, they think they are dying?

newman

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 02:35:15 AM »
Lubab,

I read about some of the unsavory things required of female (Jewish) Mossad agents.

Is a Jewess breaking a mitzvah if she sleeps with a man to get information vital to save Jewish lives or to compromise an enemy of the Jewish State?

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 11:17:37 AM »
Lubab,

Shalom

Great question. I also have this problem sometimes. The Kabbalists were EXTREMELY against any trace of the negative kind of anger.

Anger is basically saying: I know better than G-d.
It's basically saying the way I think things should go is better than the way G-d thinks things should go.

So one of the things that helps is to look for Divine Providence in everything that happens. Look for the lessons to be learned from each situation.  When you get angry, realize that this must mean you just don't yet understand the lesson G-d is trying to teach me here. Seize that opportunity and try to raise yourself to a higher more healthy perspective of the situation and go from there.

Sometimes, however, anger is justified, but it needs to be a righteous anger. Anger directed towards making this world a better place. And that means CONTROLLED anger. "Anger" really isn't even a good word for this kind of thing.

It's more like a strong drive to make things better and overcome obstacles to do so.

Sometimes, when you get good at this controlled anger business, you can show anger on the outside to serve your purpose, and on the inside not be angry at all. This is the way a parent or teacher is supposed to discipline. Really they are not angry, they are just wearing that mask to serve their purpose.

And that really is the cure to anger. Always stay focused on your purpoase in this world, in this day, in this situation and you'll always find a way to use your emotions in the right proportion to meet that goal.

Thanks for the great question. Kol Hakavod (all the honor) for being the first question.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 11:45:16 PM by lubab »
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 11:18:24 AM »
Dear Lubab

Tell me why when men get a cold, they think they are dying?

I don't think I'm dying when I get a cold. I don't like it though, because I can't be as active.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 11:23:03 AM by lubab »

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 11:19:28 AM »
Lubab,

I read about some of the unsavory things required of female (Jewish) Mossad agents.

Is a Jewess breaking a mitzvah if she sleeps with a man to get information vital to save Jewish lives or to compromise an enemy of the Jewish State?

Need more info. Is this a married woman? Is this a Jewish man? Is this a married Jewish man? Is this a gentile man?

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 11:21:08 AM »
How many times did you go to Israel?

What other countries were you in?

I think I've been to Israel four glorious times.

Canada (does that count?), Scottland, Ireland, England, Switzerland and Mexico.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 11:23:34 AM by lubab »

newman

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 11:23:58 AM »
Lubab,

Need more info. Is this a married woman? Is this a Jewish man? Is this a married Jewish man? Is this a gentile man?
Typically a single Jewish female agent and a non-Jewish man sometimes married/sometimes not. ie: Female Mossad agent sleeping with EU beurocrat for vital information or somebody connected with a terror network to get info or ket close enough to kill etc.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 11:31:39 AM »
Lubab,

Typically a single Jewish female agent and a non-Jewish man sometimes married/sometimes not. ie: Female Mossad agent sleeping with EU beurocrat for vital information or somebody connected with a terror network to get info or ket close enough to kill etc.

And this would save a Jewish life? I would need to double check with a senior Rabbinic authority, but my instinct tells me this would be praiseworthy.

Look what Ester from the Purim story did.

newman

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 11:40:02 AM »
Lubab,

And this would save a Jewish life? I would need to double check with a senior Rabbinic authority, but my instinct tells me this would be praiseworthy.

It may not save a Jewish life 'directly' but vital information gained this way can lead to the location and killing of a terrorist or provide early warning of an attack on Israel. This sin of the flesh could 'indirectly' save dozens or even thousands of Jewish lives.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 01:33:03 PM »
Lubab,

It may not save a Jewish life 'directly' but vital information gained this way can lead to the location and killing of a terrorist or provide early warning of an attack on Israel. This sin of the flesh could 'indirectly' save dozens or even thousands of Jewish lives.

Yeah well that to me sounds a lot like what Queen Ester did. There was no gaurantee it would work. But she did it because we err on the side of saving lives in these cases (unless it's one of the big 3...but sex with a gentile is not one of thosesins for which we must sooner die than transgress).

newman

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 01:46:31 PM »
Lubab,

Yeah well that to me sounds a lot like what Queen Ester did. There was no gaurantee it would work. But she did it because we err on the side of saving lives in these cases (unless it's one of the big 3...but sex with a gentile is not one of thosesins for which we must sooner die than transgress).

A Jewess friend of mine (she's from a self-hating reform background) has been trying to get me to sleep with her under the guise of ahavot Yisroel Love of Jewery). She's divorced and unable to have anymore children. Am I in trouble if I agree?

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 02:16:44 PM »
Lubab,

Shalom

Great question. I also have this problem some times. The Kabbalists were EXTREMELY against any trace of the negative kind of anger.

Anger is basically saying: I know better than G-d.
It's basically saying the way I think things should go is better than the way G-d thinks things should go.

So one of the things that helps is to look for Divine Providence in everything that happens. Look for the lessons to be learned from each situation.  When you get angry, realize that this must mean you just don't yet understand the lesson G-d is trying to teach me here. Seize that opportunity and try to raise yourself to a higher more healthy perspective of the situation and go from there.

Sometimes, however, anger is justified, but it needs to be a righteous anger. Anger directed towards making this world a better place. And that means CONTROLLED anger. "Anger" really isn't even a good word for this kind of thing.

It's more like a strong drive to make things better and overcome obstacles to do so.

Sometimes, when you get good at this controlled anger business, you can show anger on the outside to serve your purpose, and on the inside not be angry at all. This is the way a parent or teacher is supposed to discipline. Really they are not angry, they are just wearing that mask to serve their purpose.

And that really is the cure to anger. Always stay focused on your purpoase in this world, in this day, in this situation and you'll always find a way to use your emotions in the right proportion to meet that goal.

Thanks for the great question. Kol Hakavod (all the honor) for being the first question.

Thanks for your wonderful answer, Lubab.  Some food for thought.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 02:27:46 PM »
Newman are you joking?

newman

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 02:33:09 PM »
Newman are you joking?
No.

I've known her for years. We were intimate when I was an atheist. She (like all self-hating Jews) refuses to accept her divine election. I'm sure she only comes on to me now as an act of rebellion against her Jewishness. She does make the point that she is a 'lonely' divorce and that I should provide 'comfort' as an act of “Ahavat Yisrael” . She didn't even know what that was until I told her!

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2008, 02:43:06 PM »
Lubab,

A Jewess friend of mine (she's from a self-hating reform background) has been trying to get me to sleep with her under the guise of ahavot Yisroel Love of Jewery). She's divorced and unable to have anymore children. Am I in trouble if I agree?

Yes. You will be in big trouble.

newman

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2008, 02:45:01 PM »
Lubab,

But she says she's just going to find another goy anyway. I've even tried finding a nice Jewish man for her and she won't have it.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2008, 04:42:49 PM »
Lubab,

But she says she's just going to find another goy anyway. I've even tried finding a nice Jewish man for her and she won't have it.

I already answered your question. Next question.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2008, 04:48:11 PM »
Lubab why did you choose to be  a Rabbi?

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2008, 05:59:07 PM »

Well I'm not a Rabbi by profession. I chose to do the studies to get Rabbinical ordination because the Lubavitcher Rebbe directed that every Jewish man should do this before they get married.

He gave a few reasons for this:

1. Because each Jewish man is the "Rabbi" in his home whether he likes it or not. You can't ask a Rabbi about everything, so at least the man should actually know what he's talking about.

2. It's also important to know WHEN you need to ask a Rabbi. If you don't know anything about halacha you don't know how to ask, when to ask, what to ask.

So basically because of the Rebbe's great concern that each Jewish home be run in accordance with Jewish law, he directed that everyone complete these studies.

I dont' think I'm a big scholar at all. I'm the "de-facto" forum Rabbi because I happen to have this certificate, and nobody else seems to want the job  ;).

newman

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 06:04:14 PM »
Jewish men also have the role of being 'Rabbis' to the gentiles, do they not?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2008, 06:08:49 PM »

Well I'm not a Rabbi by profession. I chose to do the studies to get Rabbinical ordination because the Lubavitcher Rebbe directed that every Jewish man should do this before they get married.

1. Because each Jewish man is the "Rabbi" in his home whether he likes it or not. You can't ask a Rabbi about everything, so at least the man should actually know what he's talking about.

2. It's also important to know WHEN you need to ask a Rabbi. If you don't know anything about halacha you don't know how to ask, when to ask, what to ask.

So basically because of the Rebbe's great concern that each Jewish home be run in accordance with Jewish law, he directed that everyone complete these studies.

I dont' think I'm a big scholar at all. I'm the "de-facto" forum Rabbi because I happen to have this certificate, and nobody else seems to want the job  ;).

So are you married?

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2008, 07:18:14 PM »
Lubab, this case will very likely never apply to me, but I ask because it's educational for other Gentiles.
If a Ben Noah happens to spend a Shabbat in a Jewish freinds house, is he allowed to break Shabbat inside the house? Can he smoke? or do other melachot? And if not.... what must he do? Perhaps go out of the house for a while and do a Melacha oustside (since a Gentile must do at least one melacha daily)

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2008, 07:23:17 PM »

So are you married?

Yes. But don't lose hope ladies. I may be accepting more wives in the near future. Moshiach is coming and that means that the Cherem DeRabeinu Gershon (banning polygamy) will be off!   ;D ;)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 07:54:19 PM by lubab »