Author Topic: The Ask Lubab "Show"  (Read 96882 times)

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Re: Ask Lubab
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2008, 07:24:10 PM »
Jewish men also have the role of being 'Rabbis' to the gentiles, do they not?

Yes each Jew is supposed to have like a thousand gentiles holding on to their tzitiz and asking us to teach them about G-d.

So why don't you guys start now?
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2008, 07:25:26 PM »
Lubab, this case will very likely never apply to me, but I ask because it's educational for other Gentiles.
If a Ben Noah happens to spend a Shabbat in a Jewish freinds house, is he allowed to break Shabbat inside the house? Can he smoke? or do other melachot? And if not.... what must he do? Perhaps go out of the house for a while and do a Melacha oustside (since a Gentile must do at least one melacha daily)

Good question Raul. I'd have to ask a senior Rabbinic authority to give you a ruling, but my gut tells me you should go outside out of respect if you are going to do melacha.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

newman

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2008, 07:33:56 PM »

Yes each Jew is supposed to have like a thousand gentiles holding on to their tzitiz and asking us to teach them about G-d.

I read the part in the Bible about gentiles grabbing the 'corner of a Jew's skirt'. Last time I tried grabbing a Jew's skirt she gave me such a whack! :-[

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2008, 07:39:27 PM »

I read the part in the Bible about gentiles grabbing the 'corner of a Jew's skirt'. Last time I tried grabbing a Jew's skirt she gave me such a whack! :-[

That's because you didn't ask her to teach you about G-d  :::D.

newman

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2008, 07:47:41 PM »

Ask some galut Jews about Torah today and they'll say...."The Bible is 'hate speach', we're agnostic". :(

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2008, 07:51:03 PM »
Lubab why did you choose to be  a Rabbi?

Well I'm not a Rabbi by profession. I chose to do the studies to get Rabbinical ordination because the Lubavitcher Rebbe directed that every Jewish man should do this before they get married.

He gave a few reasons for this:

1. Because each Jewish man is the "Rabbi" in his home whether he likes it or not. You can't ask a Rabbi about everything, so at least the man should actually know what he's talking about.

2. It's also important to know WHEN you need to ask a Rabbi. If you don't know anything about halacha you don't know how to ask, when to ask, what to ask.

So basically because of the Rebbe's great concern that each Jewish home be run in accordance with Jewish law, he directed that everyone complete these studies.

I dont' think I'm a big scholar at all. I'm the "de-facto" forum Rabbi because I happen to have this certificate, and nobody else seems to want the job  ;).

So are you married?

Yes. But don't lose hope ladies. I may be accepting more wives in the near future. Moshiach is coming and that means that the Cherem DeRabeinu Gershon (banning poligamy) will be off!   ;D ;)

Do you have children?

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2008, 07:52:47 PM »

Ask some galut Jews about Torah today and they'll say...."The Bible is 'hate speach', we're agnostic". :(

That's why we should have at least a thousand gentiles hanging on to us...because there are so few Jews who
a) know something about Torah b) are willing to teach gentiles.

Chabad/JTF needs to keep working on the Jews so we have more teachers. Gentiles need to work on themselves to help create the demand for this stuff so Jews will be inspired to learn more.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2008, 07:53:35 PM »

Well I'm not a Rabbi by profession. I chose to do the studies to get Rabbinical ordination because the Lubavitcher Rebbe directed that every Jewish man should do this before they get married.

1. Because each Jewish man is the "Rabbi" in his home whether he likes it or not. You can't ask a Rabbi about everything, so at least the man should actually know what he's talking about.

2. It's also important to know WHEN you need to ask a Rabbi. If you don't know anything about halacha you don't know how to ask, when to ask, what to ask.

So basically because of the Rebbe's great concern that each Jewish home be run in accordance with Jewish law, he directed that everyone complete these studies.

I dont' think I'm a big scholar at all. I'm the "de-facto" forum Rabbi because I happen to have this certificate, and nobody else seems to want the job  ;).

So are you married?

Yes. But don't lose hope ladies. I may be accepting more wives in the near future. Moshiach is coming and that means that the Cherem DeRabeinu Gershon (banning poligamy) will be off!   ;D ;)

Do you have children?

Why do I feel like the FBI is building a file on me?
Yes. Two scrumptious little baby boys.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 08:02:01 PM by lubab »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2008, 07:54:59 PM »

So are you married?

Do you have children?

I don't know what you mean  ::) ::) ::)

Soooooo going to have any more children? What ages are they?

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2008, 07:58:45 PM »

So are you married?

Do you have children?

I don't know what you mean  ::) ::) ::)

Soooooo going to have any more children? What ages are they?

I'm not scared of the FBI. I fear G-d only.

9 months and 2 years old.

My wife wants to have 13 more, at least.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2008, 07:59:56 PM »

Do you get up at night to change nappies and do the feeding etc.....?

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2008, 08:01:40 PM »

Okay. Now we are getting into the hard questions. Me and my wife have a deal. During the week she let's me sleep so I can function during the day and make money and she takes care of the kids.

On Shabbos she rests and I get up for the kids.

I can't imagine why the FBI would be interested in this stuff???
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 08:03:32 PM by lubab »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2008, 08:06:18 PM »

Okay. Now we are getting into the hard questions. Me and my wife have a deal. During the week she let's me sleep so I can function during the day and make money and she takes care of the kids.

LOL the FBI is interested in everything  ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

So do you have Pets? If so what are they?

Do you think its important for children to grow up with pets?

newman

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2008, 08:12:15 PM »

That's why we should have at least a thousand gentiles hanging on to us...because there are so few Jews who
a) know something about Torah b) are willing to teach gentiles.

Chabad/JTF needs to keep working on the Jews so we have more teachers. Gentiles need to work on themselves to help create the demand for this stuff so Jews will be inspired to learn more.

Maybe righteous gentiles need to grab a secular Jew's garment and give them a gentle shove in the direction of Chabad House. :D

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2008, 09:09:25 PM »
Lubab,

I read about some of the unsavory things required of female (Jewish) Mossad agents.

Is a Jewess breaking a mitzvah if she sleeps with a man to get information vital to save Jewish lives or to compromise an enemy of the Jewish State?

Need more info. Is this a married woman? Is this a Jewish man? Is this a married Jewish man? Is this a gentile man?
Typically a single Jewish female agent and a non-Jewish man sometimes married/sometimes not. ie: Female Mossad agent sleeping with EU beurocrat for vital information or somebody connected with a terror network to get info or ket close enough to kill etc.

And this would save a Jewish life? I would need to double check with a senior Rabbinic authority, but my instinct tells me this would be praiseworthy.

Look what Ester from the Purim story did.

It may not save a Jewish life 'directly' but vital information gained this way can lead to the location and killing of a terrorist or provide early warning of an attack on Israel. This sin of the flesh could 'indirectly' save dozens or even thousands of Jewish lives.

Yeah well that to me sounds a lot like what Queen Ester did. There was no gaurantee it would work. But she did it because we err on the side of saving lives in these cases (unless it's one of the big 3...but sex with a gentile is not one of thosesins for which we must sooner die than transgress).

Actually it would for a Jewish man, but for a women in the case of Ester it was different because a women (Ester in this case) is the passive one in this case, she isn't the one that "gives". That of course doesn't allow a women to have relations with a non-Jew (G-d forbid), or with a Jewish man that shes married to when she is nidda.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2008, 10:34:52 PM »

Every Jew is in Golus today...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2008, 11:03:19 PM »
Lubab, do you think it is possible to memorize the entire Torah and Mishnah like we used to do 2000 years ago?  I think it is very possible if only the Yeshivot were dedicated to doing this.  What is your opinion?
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2008, 11:40:05 PM »

No. And no.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2008, 11:41:57 PM »
Lubab, do you think it is possible to memorize the entire Torah and Mishnah like we used to do 2000 years ago?  I think it is very possible if only the Yeshivot were dedicated to doing this.  What is your opinion?

Yes. This is definitely possible. The reason people can't memorize anything today is because they don't (REALLY) understand what they are learning.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 11:48:04 PM by lubab »

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2008, 11:43:30 PM »
Lubab,

I read about some of the unsavory things required of female (Jewish) Mossad agents.

Is a Jewess breaking a mitzvah if she sleeps with a man to get information vital to save Jewish lives or to compromise an enemy of the Jewish State?

Need more info. Is this a married woman? Is this a Jewish man? Is this a married Jewish man? Is this a gentile man?
Typically a single Jewish female agent and a non-Jewish man sometimes married/sometimes not. ie: Female Mossad agent sleeping with EU beurocrat for vital information or somebody connected with a terror network to get info or ket close enough to kill etc.

>:( I'm starting to think that the guy who thought I was a Mossad agent was actually trying to insult me.
I mean, he was scared of me for some reason and said he knew I was a "secret Mossad agent" but I had no idea female Mossad agents were expected to sleep with men to get information.

Anywho, Lubab, I think your "ask Lubab" thread is great!
I don't think I have a question yet, just a comment saying good job!  O0

Thanks Mills. You don't even need a question to be on the Ask Lubab show. O0

This is just like how you don't need to be a Jew to be a part of the Jewish Task Force.

P.S. You also don't need to be a Jew to be a "Jew Against Obama". Basically it's to the point where there's no reason to convert anymore. You can have it all and still be a gentile.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 11:47:12 PM by lubab »

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2008, 12:07:56 AM »
I saw this internet site a while back that had all the rules for the cantillation notes on the Torah, so you can figure out where each sign is supposed to go based on the other signs.  I want to know the source for this site, I'm sure some old Sefer was written that originally contained these rules and the guy reproduced it.  Do you know what the Sefer was?
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2008, 12:17:59 AM »

No. And no.

NO????? Do you not like animals?

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2008, 12:18:43 AM »
Do all the Lubovitch think the Rebbe is Moshiach or are there some who don't think so?   

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2008, 12:23:30 AM »
Do all the Lubovitch think the Rebbe is Moshiach or are there some who don't think so?   

There are probably some who don't think so, but they are in the minority.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2008, 12:24:35 AM »

No. And no.

NO????? Do you not like animals?

I like animals. Just not in my house. Unless maybe it's just fish. Fish are nice to have in the house.