Author Topic: Time Mag: Come back white man, all is forgiven  (Read 984 times)

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Time Mag: Come back white man, all is forgiven
« on: February 15, 2008, 07:10:04 AM »
Time Magazine: Come back white man, all is forgiven
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1713275,00.html
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Boeregeneraal

Re: Time Mag: Come back white man, all is forgiven
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 08:32:14 AM »
Indeed, this is the case in much of southern africa. Many Boers are now relocating to countries like Mozambique, Zambia and Malawi where the locals have begged whites to come to their areas.

But try telling that to erica... ::)

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 11:16:40 AM »
A very liberal friend of mine went to Africa for some time to teach children in the villages (for free - she lived on her savings). She came back, I wouldn't say transformed, but very thoughtful. Basically, she said to me that the kids were very sweet but uneducable. She flat out said they were stupid and lazy, but she used milder expressions. She also questioned the wisdom of dragging them into the 21st century. "Maybe we should isolate Africa and let them live according to their traditional ways," she said, "it would be a kindness."

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 11:21:51 AM »
They should be allowed to run Africa by themselves and without whites or Arabs running sub-Saharan countries with the exception of South Africa. Colonialism and forced modernization harms black Africans.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 11:25:25 AM by Rubystars »

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 11:35:40 AM »
Colonialism and forced modernization harms black Africans.

Yes, it seems so. Let them just be. Doesn't it say in the Bible (or maybe it is the Talmud) that G-d gave different roles to different people and gave them separate countries so that they can play their roles in history?

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 12:55:33 PM »
Years ago, I remember seeing an old photo of Albert Schweitzer in a book entitled, The Best of Life Magazine.  The caption on this page of the book was something like this:  "Nobody came closer to sainthood in his own lifetime than Albert Schweitzer, missionary to Africa."

You wouldn't believe some stuff that I've read over the years that was attributed to Schweitzer, re: his opinions about the natives of Africa.  Let's put it this way:  It would be too polite to say that Schweitzer was a believer in 'The White Man's Burden'.

And remember, this is a Christian missionary, praised as a living saint, who knew the Africans as well as anybody.

et