Author Topic: Ask the Skip  (Read 77888 times)

newman

Re: Ask the Skip
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2008, 07:06:51 AM »
Based on some past threads in the "Save Australia" section, it doesn't seem like it.  John Howard seemed like a good prime minister.  Isn't the new one supposed to be worse?
Lemme explain Australian politics.

There are two main parties and a few minor ones who'll never get into office.

The two parties are The Australian Labor Party and the Australian Liberal Party.

The Liberal Party is (traditionally) a centre-right party like America's Republican Party. The name is confusing to Americans because they think of 'liberal' in a neo-liberal or leftist sense. The name actually refers to classical liberal or 'libertarian' much like America's founding fathers.

The Liberal Party governs in coalition with the National Party of Australia. A largely farmer/rancher based rural party.

The coalition is like Urban and rural republicans in the USA.

The Labor Party is like Britains Labor Party. It was traditionally a party of the left/centre-left. It was a construct of the Union movement. While it has ties with unions it is independant of them. They are much like America's Democrats.

At the moment the political lines are very blurry.

In recent years, the Liberal (centre-right) Party moved more to the far right on economic issues- industrial relations in particular. The Labour Party has over 30 years moved from left, to centre-left to centre-right.

Simply put, The Liberal Party moved so far to the right it p*ssed the majority of Australians off. The Labour Party moved far enough to the right to be acceptable.

Now the Liberal Party is moving back toward the centre. On major policy it is almost impossible to tell the two parties apart now. There is a far wider gulf between America's Republicans and Democrats than between Australia's Liberal and Labor Parties.

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2008, 07:22:45 AM »
mmmm.....both Liberal and Labour are pro-globalisation, so no matter what we do, you still end up in the drain

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2008, 07:23:43 AM »
mmmm.....both Liberal and Labour are pro-globalisation, so no matter what we do, you still end up in the drain
bang on 100%, we need the nationals back  :'(

newman

« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2008, 07:27:46 AM »

The only anti-globalisation, pro-freedom, conservative party is the Shooters' Party. And the media here portray them as right-wing gun-nuts. They'll never get fair, unbiased coverage and as a result they get <5% of the vote. >:(

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2008, 08:02:48 AM »
sigh. but i mean, this is the case worldwide

america as well

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2008, 01:25:45 AM »
My answer to being a spy, sorry the fan was causing a problem with the sound when recording, but its hot as hell here  :( :( :(

http://www.filemoon.com/en/file/392/Being-a-spy-wma.html

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2008, 02:14:51 AM »
 :D :D

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2008, 03:33:22 AM »
LOL  :::D

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2008, 06:45:18 AM »
:P  Skippy can you give me the lottery numbers for next week lol

lol  :D
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2008, 12:44:11 PM »
I can't understand why this is a big joke to some of you. It is the basis of Judaism to "not do others as you wouldn't want done unto yourselves". Whether you are religious or not, I think we can all agree this is an ideal we should aspire to.

So just take a moment and put yourself in other people's shoes.

If you were a lay person, and someone who admits to be working in an intelligence organization for a government is making jokes about having inside knowledge about you, I don't think you would appreciate it. You might be scared. People don't trust governments. We see what damage they have been doing to us up until this point..

All I'm doing is just looking out for those members who are concerned. They have a right to be concerned as Chaim's organizations have had problems with spies in the past. Chaim receives frequent death threats. Many of our members (including myself) receive death threats from Arabs and others on Youtube.

Jewish people are being attacked daily by Kassam rockets in Israel by a vicious Arab enemy. The Shabak takes right wing dissidents in jail and separates them from their families just because their views are "unacceptable" to the government. This is reality. This is not a joke  or a game. Lives are at at stake. So excuse us if we do not find all of these jokes about having inside info about us entertaining.

Do not do unto other as you would not do unto yourselves. Try to put yourselves in our shoes. That's all I'm asking here.

If  you don't have the sensitivity to do that, that says a lot about you, and it says absolutely nothing about us.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 12:49:16 PM by lubab »
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2008, 01:59:44 PM »
My answer to being a spy, sorry the fan was causing a problem with the sound when recording, but its hot as hell here  :( :( :(

You'd make a great politician Skippy. Seven minutes  of dealing with almost everything but the issue raised.

You also know that the best defense is a good offense, which is why you are trying to tell us we have the problem here.

You can call me "paranoid" all you like.  But we have a right to answers about an intelligence agent on our forum making jokes about having personal information about us. It's not funny in Australia or anywhere else.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2008, 04:43:00 PM »

You'd make a great politician Skippy. Seven minutes  of dealing with almost everything but the issue raised.

You also know that the best defense is a good offense, which is why you are trying to tell us we have the problem here.

You can call me "paranoid" all you like.  But we have a right to answers about an intelligence agent on our forum making jokes about having personal information about us. It's not funny in Australia or anywhere else.

Arrhhh ha so it was you who complained to Shlomo  ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

Lubab give it a rest would you  ::)

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2008, 04:45:40 PM »
I can't understand why this is a big joke to some of you. It is the basis of Judaism to "not do others as you wouldn't want done unto yourselves". Whether you are religious or not, I think we can all agree this is an ideal we should aspire to.

So just take a moment and put yourself in other people's shoes.

If you were a lay person, and someone who admits to be working in an intelligence organization for a government is making jokes about having inside knowledge about you, I don't think you would appreciate it. You might be scared. People don't trust governments. We see what damage they have been doing to us up until this point..

All I'm doing is just looking out for those members who are concerned. They have a right to be concerned as Chaim's organizations have had problems with spies in the past. Chaim receives frequent death threats. Many of our members (including myself) receive death threats from Arabs and others on Youtube.

Jewish people are being attacked daily by Kassam rockets in Israel by a vicious Arab enemy. The Shabak takes right wing dissidents in jail and separates them from their families just because their views are "unacceptable" to the government. This is reality. This is not a joke  or a game. Lives are at at stake. So excuse us if we do not find all of these jokes about having inside info about us entertaining.

Do not do unto other as you would not do unto yourselves. Try to put yourselves in our shoes. That's all I'm asking here.

If  you don't have the sensitivity to do that, that says a lot about you, and it says absolutely nothing about us.

::) ::) ::)

Yes I have already dealt with this, move it on ask another question hun...  8;)

Maybe because you are so young you get paranoid, or is it just the state of California that does it to people?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 04:48:17 PM by Skippy »

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2008, 04:50:56 PM »
For the record I did not complain to Shlomo about you.

I'm sorry if this conversation makes you uncomfortable, but you have made many others uncomfortable on this forum and you ask us to "laugh it off" so I don't think you are in a position to complain.

I don't see this going anywhere so I guess I'm done here. I will "give it a rest".

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2008, 05:45:51 PM »
For the record I did not complain to Shlomo about you.

I'm sorry if this conversation makes you uncomfortable, but you have made many others uncomfortable on this forum and you ask us to "laugh it off" so I don't think you are in a position to complain.

I don't see this going anywhere so I guess I'm done here. I will "give it a rest".

I am not uncomfortable, just I have answered your question 5 times, in text and voice format and still you don't get it  :::D :::D :::D

Do you have another question?

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2008, 06:02:04 PM »
I guess I'm a bit slow.

Sorry if I messed up your show.

I'll let you know if I have any more questions. Nothing comes to mind right now.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2008, 06:06:55 PM »
I guess I'm a bit slow.

Sorry if I messed up your show.

I'll let you know if I have any more questions. Nothing comes to mind right now.

Its ok I forgive you  :) :)

No worries mate  O0

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2008, 10:10:18 PM »
Skippy, I heard your voice address, do you feel that people here are trying to Americanize you?

I had no idea about this!

Yes very much so.

Because people don't understand the culture here, its easlier to edit, delete and censor what they don't understand.

Stating for me not to joke and make light of things which is a through back to the british roots of our country, is like saying to Americans don't fly your flag.

Even take the negative comments that get made to newman. Same issue.

Culture clashes.

I will do a voice on this too  :::D

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2008, 10:16:33 PM »
LOL.
Well I would NEVER expect someone from another country to raise my flag! Why would they if they are from ANOTHER country. It makes no sense to me.  :laugh:

:::D I had once someone wanted to put a USA flag above my bed  :::D :::D :::D :::D

I will do the voice tonight you will love it.  ;)

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2008, 10:17:35 PM »
Hey Skippy, on another note, I remember you saying you have lived and travelled around the world.  What were your favorite places and why?  What must I see before I die? O0

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2008, 12:22:44 AM »
You shouldn't laugh. The old JDL was infested with spies.

I have never been apart of the JDL, and I will say this, you need to get over the past to move on with the future.

The only people holding you back is yourselves.

There is no JDL today. Do you mean the fake "JDL" of The Rubins?

As I said in the voice reply I don't know anything about it and franky I don't want too.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2008, 04:53:16 AM »
Hey Skippy, on another note, I remember you saying you have lived and travelled around the world.  What were your favorite places and why?  What must I see before I die? O0

Here you go Ari  8;) Its a stinker of a night hot again the fan is a bloody pain but too bad  ;)

Aris Answer to travelling question

http://www.filemoon.com/en/file/394/Ari-wma.html

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2008, 05:07:38 AM »
Ari this is Zorbing  O0 O0 :::D :::D :::D

White water rafting  :D

Wooooooooooo Hooooooooooooo baby  :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2008, 06:23:24 AM »
LOL.
Well I would NEVER expect someone from another country to raise my flag! Why would they if they are from ANOTHER country. It makes no sense to me.  :laugh:

:::D I had once someone wanted to put a USA flag above my bed  :::D :::D :::D :::D

I will do the voice tonight you will love it.  ;)

There you go Mills I was going to joke on the voice one, but I thought no I will bring up a real issue here.

http://www.filemoon.com/en/file/395/mills2-wma.html

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2008, 01:40:00 AM »
Does Australia have Laws to forbid or punish private actions when they are immoral? If so, which things are forbidden?