General Category > Ask Posters Show Threads

Ask KansasJew

<< < (5/5)

WALK STRONG:

--- Quote from: KansasJew on February 29, 2008, 02:56:22 AM ---Wow a lot of questions I will try to answer them in this response.

Background: United States Marine Corps 1979 - 1983 Radio Communications and Military Police. United States Army 1983 - 1979 Military Police PMOS. Self Defense Training: Martial Arts the last 31 years ( Akido, American and Dragon Kenpo Karate, Gung Fu, Judo, Tai Chi, to name a few) obtaining Black Belts in Three Martial Arts.

I have trained in small arms and trained others in small unit tactics as a fireteam leader with the Marines and as a Training NCO with the Army. I have attended and graduated from Two Civilian Law Enforcement Academies and served as Reserve Deputy with two Kansas Counties.

Th answer to your question on stress is true....The body's natural state (hemostatis) can be geared to live on chaotic stress and once your chemical levels are down there are mental fatigue and depression may occur. Which leads to what we called Seeking the RUSH those in combat and those on special response teams often seek new thrills to obtain this high making them unpredictable and dangerous. Thus you have to learn the warning signs and seek medical attention.

Those nervous systems are the FIGHT or FLIGHT systems.... When confronted with violence one often fights or flies away from the stimulus. 

--- End quote ---

Hey Thanks,

Which did you like better being in the Corps or being in the Army, and why?  What made you go from the Marines to the Army?

Man, since you are a Jew, did you ever consider joining the Israeli Service? Looks like you liked being an MP, since you did it twice. What did you like better being an MP or in Law Enforcement?

Have you ever thought of getting into Krav Maga? What is your opinion of it?

Out of the Martial Arts you are in, which do you prefer above the rest and why?

Did you attend college at any point in your life?

Do you like it in Kansas? Which part are you in? Which part do you prefer to live in?

. . . Hey, you said to ask 8 8;)  Didn't you?  O0

Edward:
Kansas is my favorite state (after Louisianna

KansasJew:
Okay guys and gals I am back. Start firing away the questions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version