Author Topic: Ask KansasJew  (Read 16953 times)

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
Ask KansasJew
« on: February 14, 2008, 06:59:26 PM »
I thought it would be good to start a thread about Self Defense Tactics these tactics include hand to hand, Weapons, Mental Survivual and improvised weapons, etc...
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

newman

Re: Ask KansasJew
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 07:12:53 PM »
How come tornadoes destroy places like Kansas and never somewhere that needs destroying like Hollywood?

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 07:14:31 PM »
Re:  "...How come tornadoes destroy places like Kansas and never somewhere that needs destroying like Hollywood?..."

I know the answer.

For twenty dollars I will tell it to you.

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 07:26:21 PM »
Kansas is being punished for allowing Holywood to film there....True  :-[
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

newman

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 07:31:32 PM »
Do the Missouri ruffians still give you jayhawkers trouble?

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 07:41:43 PM »
They try but we send them packing back across the Missouri River with their tails tucked.  8;)

newman

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 08:20:33 PM »
They try but we send them packing back across the Missouri River with their tails tucked.  8;)

Them Missourens would whoop you redlegs good, boy. ;D

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 08:39:12 PM »
Really They can not beat us in Baseball, Basketball, and Football...What sport is left oh Track....Yes Run you Ruffins.

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 10:54:03 PM »
Here is my You Tube Channel. I will posting videos hopefully in a few weeks or days... I will posting videos on Knife fighting and Cane along with some interesting other objects that you can use for self Defense....

http://uk.youtube.com/user/MarcusWeiser
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 11:18:53 PM by KansasJew »

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 10:41:38 PM »
How much Anti-Semitism did you experience in the military or living in Kansas?

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 11:39:42 PM »
Honestly Not very much unless you count the "Oh your Jewish!" statements.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 12:30:24 AM »
Honestly Not very much unless you count the "Oh your Jewish!" statements.

Well, that's good to hear. O0

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 04:31:31 PM »
How come tornadoes destroy places like Kansas and never somewhere that needs destroying like Hollywood?
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 04:41:23 PM »
A person can spend their life learning self defense but when a situation arises, they are too shocked to react in an organised way....how can you rearrange your thoughts in so little time, under pressure?

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 06:23:25 PM »
Practice Practice......Training and more Training......

In situations your mind is the last and best weapon to use....In order to survive you have to set your goal on survivual hence focus on something that you need to see again no matter what happens...Your Spouse, Children, Pet whatever it is...Focus on that to live......

Remember the Parasympathetic and Sympathetic Nervous Systems can be trained to react with training.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 06:28:43 PM »
Thanks.

Offline WALK STRONG

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008, 12:35:01 AM »
I thought it would be good to start a thread about Self Defense Tactics these tactics include hand to hand, Weapons, Mental Survivual and improvised weapons, etc...

Are you in the military?

Which country? I assume US, but since you are a Jew, maybe you have been in the Israeli service.

Which branch?

As far as self defence goes. Are you into Krav Maga? What is your opinion of it?

How old are you? Tell use more about where you learned your tactics, from whom, and what your experience is, if you would like.

Thanks. Interesting thread.

Offline WALK STRONG

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2008, 12:37:16 AM »
Practice Practice......Training and more Training......

In situations your mind is the last and best weapon to use....In order to survive you have to set your goal on survivual hence focus on something that you need to see again no matter what happens...Your Spouse, Children, Pet whatever it is...Focus on that to live......

Remember the Parasympathetic and Sympathetic Nervous Systems can be trained to react with training.

I have heard different opinions on this-I refer to the last sentence. Please expound, if you would.

Offline WALK STRONG

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008, 12:49:40 AM »
A person can spend their life learning self defense but when a situation arises, they are too shocked to react in an organised way....how can you rearrange your thoughts in so little time, under pressure?

Is not this just so for some? Is not there two types of stress? The everyday stress. Then the chaotic stress.

Those that are used to the latter, and have spent many years learning to deal with the latter in real life environments, once out of it, they find themselves learning how to adjust and manage the former type.

See, some will freeze up at the chaotic stress, if they are not accustomed to it.  Those that are VERY accustomed to it from a daily basis, they FREEZE up at the normal everyday stress, once they are put back into it, because they have to learn HOW to deal with it all over again. Yet, throw them into the other type of stress the traumatic type and they are right at home and can function. It is all what you are used to, and have learned to walk through. Is it not?

Also, consider the fact that those used to everyday, chaotic stress, become very, very immune to it, where nothing in this world will shock them. Some even stop producing adrenaline. Now, how many can honestly say they have experienced this?

Remember though, those used to the above, those that are immune to it, put them in normal stress and they are not good at handling it.

What do you attribute that to?

Okay, KansasJew, just curious to hear your assessment (your thoughts on what I wrote). Thanks.

Ps. For clarification, Sarah, you refer to those "in training" all their life. That is just something to fall back on. Is it not?  Also, does it not depend on the training itself, and if it prepares them for real life? Is not much of the training out there, just fake and for show, that will do nothing for you if in a real life situation.
Anyhow, about what I wrote-the clarifiction is that in the above I am referring to those that have the training, or not, and have spent it in EXPERIENCE, not just mere training. Just wanted to clarify that. There is a difference between "a life of training" and a having "experience". Right?

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2008, 02:56:22 AM »
Wow a lot of questions I will try to answer them in this response.

Background: United States Marine Corps 1979 - 1983 Radio Communications and Military Police. United States Army 1983 - 1979 Military Police PMOS. Self Defense Training: Martial Arts the last 31 years ( Akido, American and Dragon Kenpo Karate, Gung Fu, Judo, Tai Chi, to name a few) obtaining Black Belts in Three Martial Arts.

I have trained in small arms and trained others in small unit tactics as a fireteam leader with the Marines and as a Training NCO with the Army. I have attended and graduated from Two Civilian Law Enforcement Academies and served as Reserve Deputy with two Kansas Counties.

Th answer to your question on stress is true....The body's natural state (hemostatis) can be geared to live on chaotic stress and once your chemical levels are down there are mental fatigue and depression may occur. Which leads to what we called Seeking the RUSH those in combat and those on special response teams often seek new thrills to obtain this high making them unpredictable and dangerous. Thus you have to learn the warning signs and seek medical attention.

Those nervous systems are the FIGHT or FLIGHT systems.... When confronted with violence one often fights or flies away from the stimulus. 

Offline WALK STRONG

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2008, 11:07:14 AM »
Wow a lot of questions I will try to answer them in this response.

Background: United States Marine Corps 1979 - 1983 Radio Communications and Military Police. United States Army 1983 - 1979 Military Police PMOS. Self Defense Training: Martial Arts the last 31 years ( Akido, American and Dragon Kenpo Karate, Gung Fu, Judo, Tai Chi, to name a few) obtaining Black Belts in Three Martial Arts.

I have trained in small arms and trained others in small unit tactics as a fireteam leader with the Marines and as a Training NCO with the Army. I have attended and graduated from Two Civilian Law Enforcement Academies and served as Reserve Deputy with two Kansas Counties.

Th answer to your question on stress is true....The body's natural state (hemostatis) can be geared to live on chaotic stress and once your chemical levels are down there are mental fatigue and depression may occur. Which leads to what we called Seeking the RUSH those in combat and those on special response teams often seek new thrills to obtain this high making them unpredictable and dangerous. Thus you have to learn the warning signs and seek medical attention.

Those nervous systems are the FIGHT or FLIGHT systems.... When confronted with violence one often fights or flies away from the stimulus. 

Hey Thanks,

Which did you like better being in the Corps or being in the Army, and why?  What made you go from the Marines to the Army?

Man, since you are a Jew, did you ever consider joining the Israeli Service? Looks like you liked being an MP, since you did it twice. What did you like better being an MP or in Law Enforcement?

Have you ever thought of getting into Krav Maga? What is your opinion of it?

Out of the Martial Arts you are in, which do you prefer above the rest and why?

Did you attend college at any point in your life?

Do you like it in Kansas? Which part are you in? Which part do you prefer to live in?

. . . Hey, you said to ask 8 8;)  Didn't you?  O0
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 11:09:18 AM by WALK STRONG »

Offline Edward

• Senior JTFer
  • יברך אלוהים את אמריקה ואת ישראל וכל אוהבי ע&a
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2010, 07:34:27 AM »
Kansas is my favorite state (after Louisianna

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2011, 02:49:13 AM »
Okay guys and gals I am back. Start firing away the questions.