Author Topic: Question for Lubab.  (Read 11541 times)

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
Question for Lubab.
« on: February 16, 2008, 07:34:30 PM »
Go on record with this answer. Yes or No.

Is the Rebbe "Atzmus uMehus Mislabesh B'Guf"?

Yes or No.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Question for Lubab.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 07:37:05 PM »
can you accuratly translate, Im thinking of what it means, but please translate for certainty.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 11:41:01 PM »
can you accuratly translate, Im thinking of what it means, but please translate for certainty.

I asked him if he beleive that the Rebbe was the "Essence and Identity of God clothed in a Body"

And in a private message he told me "Yes".

This cannot stand.

We cannot have the Torah moderator on our forum who is an idolater.

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 11:57:33 PM »

I asked him if he beleive that the Rebbe was the "Essence and Identity of G-d clothed in a Body"

And in a private message he told me "Yes".

This cannot stand.

We cannot have the Torah moderator on our forum who is an idolater.

I agree, nothing personal on Lubab, but this cant be permitted as legit in any way shape or form. It is xtianity reincarnated.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 12:03:33 AM »
Are you sure he said that?  If so, we got no one better for the Torah section.  No one else is a Rabbi ... and Lubab does a good job.   :-[
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 12:05:10 AM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 12:04:13 AM »
Re:  "...in a private message he told me "Yes"..."

If the message to you was private, they why am I reading about it?

Keep it private.

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 12:19:45 AM »

Yes or No.

Yes. But as I said to you in private you haven't the foggiest idea what that phrase means. It's written in hasidic code.

You need to know what is "Essence" you need to know what is being referred to as "guf", you need to know what is meant by "Melubash".

If you don't try to understand these things and we just jump to conclusions than we are no better than the fools who look at the Torah which says "G-d created man in his image", take that literally and then call the Torah heresy.

We all agree that would be foolish, right?

It's the same thing here.

Let those who wish to err, err.
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 12:27:22 AM »
Re:  "...It is xtianity reincarnated..."

Actually, just the opposite is the case...It is Christianity which obtained most of its beliefs and doctrines from Judaism.

I have met numerous Lubavitcher rabbis who are convinced beyond any doubt that the Rebbe is Moshiach.

Personally, I have no proof that the Rebbe is, or is not Moshiach.

It's obvious that he made a tremendous impression on his students and community.

I have no end of questions I need answered about Torah & Judaism, but there is no more useless waste of time than arguing "metaphysics" with others who disagree with any particular position.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 12:32:03 AM »
Regarding my position as moderator of this forum let me be clear.

I am here for one reason and one reason only: to help save Jewish and righteous gentiles lives.

I did not ask for this position, I was asked to take this position. It means nothing to me.

The only thing that matters to me is the physical and spiritual wellbeing on the Jewish people and everyone else.

I am here to help in that cause for as long as my help is wanted.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 12:33:34 AM »
Regarding my position as moderator of this forum let me be clear.

I am here for one reason and one reason only: to help save Jewish and righteous gentiles lives.

I did not ask for this position, I was asked to take this position. It means nothing to me.

The only thing that matters to me is the physical and spiritual wellbeing on the Jewish people and everyone else.

I am here to help in that cause for as long as my help is wanted.
Good enough for me. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 12:44:41 AM »
I agree with you Mills, that's what I said a year ago when this issue came up in a thread.  I posted a reply to Lubab in the thread that he shouldn't talk about it publicly in the forum but keep it private since it is a divisive issue.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 02:14:39 PM »
The Rebbe is responsible for my turning back to Torah & Judaism after a long absence.

I never saw or met him, but I find myself here today because of his outreach to the Jewish People; sending out emissaries worldwide, to find the assimilated Jews and return us to the fold.

No other Jewish Rabbi in recent history (the only exception being Rabbi Meir Kahane) has done so much for so many Jews.

I believe most all of our prophecies regarding the End of Days are now fulfilled.

The rest I leave up to Ha'Shem.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 02:17:33 PM »

Yes or No.

Yes. But as I said to you in private you haven't the foggiest idea what that phrase means. It's written in hasidic code.

You need to know what is "Essence" you need to know what is being referred to as "guf", you need to know what is meant by "Melubash".
Can you please explain a little better?...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008, 02:41:16 PM »

Yes or No.

Can you please explain a little better?...

I started a sticky thread on the Torah section to begin explaining these concepts. It's like trying to explain advanced mathematics to someone with no background in math. It will take patience, work, understanding and explanation. Check out that thread and if you have any questions please ask them there.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2008, 05:18:03 PM »
I brought it out of the private message because of the seriousness of idolatry in Judaism.

Lubab can explain it away if he likes but his beleifs about the Rebbe are clealy idolatrous.

Saying that a human being is the Essense of God clothed in a body is clearly idolatrous.

Lubab has demonstrated his clear desire to pervert the Torah by his wild interpretation of the Rambam which is as opposite from the simple reading as anything could be.

Lubab, I want you out.

You may think I want to take your place, Lubab but I don't.

I don't care who replaces you, jdl4ever is a very good candidate in my book.

I will not continue to associate with an Elokist, Lubab. Forget it.

I don't want to hear your half-baked explanations for idolatry, I want it off the Torah section of the forum.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 06:10:48 PM »
I brought it out of the private message because of the seriousness of idolatry in Judaism.

Lubab can explain it away if he likes but his beleifs about the Rebbe are clealy idolatrous.

Saying that a human being is the Essense of G-d clothed in a body is clearly idolatrous.

Lubab has demonstrated his clear desire to pervert the Torah by his wild interpretation of the Rambam which is as opposite from the simple reading as anything could be.

Lubab, I want you out.

You may think I want to take your place, Lubab but I don't.

I don't care who replaces you, jdl4ever is a very good candidate in my book.

I will not continue to associate with an Elokist, Lubab. Forget it.

I don't want to hear your half-baked explanations for idolatry, I want it off the Torah section of the forum.

It's up to Chaim. As I said, I don't care if I am moderator or not. I'm here as long as Chaim wants me here.

But remember. You are not quoting me. You are quoting the Rebbe and I'm just saying I agree with it.

You are calling the Rebbe an idolator, in essence. Are you prepared to do this?

Are you also prepared to call the Chumash idolartry because it says G-d created man in "His image" and He has no image?

I fail to see the difference between one and the other.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 06:11:43 PM »
Further, your problem is not with me, or even the Rebbe. Your problem is you don't think that G-d can be found in the physical universe.

This is really a problem you have with the Arizal and you'll need to take it up with him.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 06:39:59 PM »
Further, your problem is not with me, or even the Rebbe. Your problem is you don't think that G-d can be found in the physical universe.

This is really a problem you have with the Arizal and you'll need to take it up with him.

No their is a clear and big difference between the Kabbalists and students of the Arizal, and what we unfortunatly see within Chabad. One can have respect, and admiration for a great person, and Talmid Chacham. One can look up to another person, no problem, BUT it is definitly assur to give "G-d-like" characterists to a human being no matter how great he or she was. It is also forbidden to idolize a human being, and pray to a human, yes asking G-d for something in the merit and becuase of the merit of a great Tzaddik is one thing, (asking him to be a lawyer so to speak for you), but to actually pray to a dead or any other human being is assur and is kafira.
  Listin to the part where I told you to listin to- about what Rabbi Mizrahi brings on this subject this week, quoting the RambaN.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 06:48:26 PM »

No their is a clear and big difference between the Kabbalists and students of the Arizal, and what we unfortunatly see within Chabad. One can have respect, and admiration for a great person, and Talmid Chacham. One can look up to another person, no problem, BUT it is definitly assur to give "G-d-like" characterists to a human being no matter how great he or she was. It is also forbidden to idolize a human being, and pray to a human, yes asking G-d for something in the merit and becuase of the merit of a great Tzaddik is one thing, (asking him to be a lawyer so to speak for you), but to actually pray to a dead or any other human being is assur and is kafira.
  Listin to the part where I told you to listin to- about what Rabbi Mizrahi brings on this subject this week, quoting the RambaN.

We need to take these issues one at a time as they all demand a lot of explanation. I'm trying to build the foundation from the bottom before we get into that stuff.

The first issue we need to address is whether G-d is in the physical world or not.

We need to understand these analogies and we can move on from there.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2008, 06:59:21 PM »

No, you have a problem with the Ari and his idea of tzimtzum which you think is not literal.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2008, 07:01:01 PM »
Now that you have seen Lubab's justification of idolatry, please listen to the other side.

habadjewish messianism.mp3 - 14.64MB

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2008, 07:01:45 PM »

Would going to the Rebbe's ohel be out according to what you are saying?

No. BUT praying To the Rebbe would be wrong. Rabbi Mizrahi in this weeks lecture (towards the end) explains these things, he says that one does not need to go to the graves of Tzaddikim etc. to talk to G-d. (my own words)- you can communicate with G-d on your own without going to different graves etc. But it wouldn't necessarily hurt going to a grave, etc. BUT praying to the Rebbe is a whole different thing and is completly assur.
 Also one more thing- (my personal opinion)- I dont think that it is good to go to that particular grave site, becuase of the confusion that is unfortunatly happening. Some believe this, some that, and for the minimum their is at the very least something similar to idolatry going on (at the very least), so I dont think that it would be a good spot to frequently visit.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 07:05:24 PM by Tzvi Ben Roshel »

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2008, 07:04:49 PM »

No. BUT praying To the Rebbe would be wrong. Rabbi Mizrahi in this weeks lecture (towards the end) explains these things, he says that one does not need to go to the graves of Tzaddikim etc. to talk to G-d. (my own words)- you can communicate with G-d on your own without going to different graves etc. But it wouldn't necessarily hurt going to a grave, etc. BUT praying to the Rebbe is a whole different thing and is completly assur.

But Lubab would tell you that since the Rebbe is the Essence of God clothed in a body, one could pray to him with no problem.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2008, 07:06:25 PM »

But Lubab would tell you that since the Rebbe is the Essence of G-d clothed in a body, one could pray to him with no problem.

Thats exactly the problem. (anyway how do you cut and paste parts of shiurim? I want to cut and paste something short also.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2008, 07:07:17 PM »
Now that you have seen Lubab's justification of idolatry, please listen to the other side.

habadjewish messianism.mp3 - 14.64MB

You have a halachik obligation to stop throwing around that word "idolatry" and do a proper Chakira and Derisha.

You are way out of line!