Author Topic: Only Positive things about McCain  (Read 2171 times)

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
Only Positive things about McCain
« on: February 17, 2008, 08:13:04 AM »
I just think it's time we stopped bashing McCain because he is the Republican nominee and he will most likely be running against Obama.   Some people please stop with the Huckabee thing that is over and it's time to get back to reality and that's what I'm hoping this thread will be.
So I know it's going to be very hard to find and will take some research but lets write here the good things about McCain.
I will start with an easy one and the only one I can think of and that is I believe he will try to fight terrorism and won't be afraid to defend the country.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
Re: Only Positive things about McCain
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 09:20:55 AM »
I will start with an easy one and the only one I can think of and that is I believe he will try to fight terrorism and won't be afraid to defend the country.

How?  By opening up the southern border to anyone who wants to come through?
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 10:29:16 AM »

I see you're one of those misguided people, he doesn't want to do that, he wants some kind of accountability, it only seems like that.

newman

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 10:49:26 AM »

I see you're one of those misguided people, he doesn't want to do that, he wants some kind of accountability, it only seems like that.

That just means he'll open the sewage gates and count the numbers who flood in. >:(

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 11:01:48 AM »

That just means he'll open the sewage gates and count the numbers who flood in. >:(
But that would be better than what we have now so it is a step in the right direction.

newman

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 11:05:45 AM »

But that would be better than what we have now so it is a step in the right direction.

You think 5 million/year counted is better than 1 million/year uncounted? :o

I'd rather have one turd from an unidentified dog on my lawn than 5 turds who's depositors I can identify.

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 11:10:41 AM »

You think 5 million/year counted is better than 1 million/year uncounted? :o

I'd rather have one turd from an unidentified dog on my lawn than 5 turds who's depositors I can identify.
I certainly do, it's better to count and know what and where this scum is than to have 1 million criminals that you don't know where or who they are.
I'd rather have five turds on my lawn and identify who dropped them so I can stop it than have one turd on my lawn everyday that I can't stop, his way you get a turd free lawn, how it is now you will always have one turd on your lawn everyday.

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 11:11:34 AM »
McCain has a great record on abortion, I didn't think it was this good.
# Supports repealing Roe v. Wade. (May 2007)
# Voted YES on barring HHS grants to organizations that perform abortions. (Oct 2007)
# Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
# Voted YES on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
# Voted NO on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
# Voted YES on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 2004)
# Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions except for maternal life. (Mar 2003)
# Voted YES on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
# Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions. (Oct 1999)
# Voted YES on banning human cloning. (Feb 1998)
# Rated 0% by NARAL, indicating a pro-life voting record. (Dec 2003)
# Expand embryonic stem cell research. (Jun 2004)
# Rated 75% by the NRLC, indicating a mixed record on abortion. (Dec 2006)

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 11:14:24 AM »

Excuse me if I don't stand and cheer but I've heard that before in the past.  Problem is if you think that his approach will end illegal immigration, then you are deceiving yourself.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 11:18:30 AM »

Excuse me if I don't stand and cheer but I've heard that before in the past.  Problem is if you think that his approach will end illegal immigration, then you are deceiving yourself.
Nothing and no one can stop illegal immigration, like roaches they will always be here, we just have to try to slow them down and stop them from multiplying.

newman

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 11:19:48 AM »
His record on abortion is no compensation for his catastrophic immigration plans. It just means he'll condemn a heap of women and girls to the backyard coathanger & knitting needle operators while flooding the country with human sewage.

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 11:37:53 AM »
His record on abortion is no compensation for his catastrophic immigration plans. It just means he'll condemn a heap of women and girls to the backyard coathanger & knitting needle operators while flooding the country with human sewage.
Get the crap out of your eyes where does it say that?

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 11:42:31 AM »
I'd rather have five turds on my lawn and identify who dropped them so I can stop it than have one turd on my lawn everyday that I can't stop, his way you get a turd free lawn.

I'd grind the turds into tiny bits. 

I would then sprinkle the tiny bits of drek onto the grass to help it grow.

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008, 10:03:09 PM »
More good things about McCain.
# Don't ask, don't tell is working; don't tamper with it. (Jun 2007)
# Confederate flag on top of capitol was wrong; in front is ok. (May 2007)
# Leave gay marriage to the states. (Jan 2007)
# John Lewis was as courageous as anyone could ever hope to be. (Apr 2004)
# Fear did not restrain Dr. King to resist repression. (Apr 2004)
# Support evangelism but don’t pander to evangelical leaders. (Feb 2000)
# Inter-racial dating ban is idiotic and cruel. (Feb 2000)
# Career-long history of supporting Indian causes. (Jan 2000)
# Ten Commandments would bring virtue to our schools. (Jan 2000)
# Confederate flag is a “symbol of heritage”. (Jan 2000)
# Allow, but not mandate, school prayer. (Jan 2000)
# Would be “comfortable” with a gay president. (Dec 1999)
# Flying Confederate flag should be left to states. (Sep 1999)
# 1st Amend. not a shield for hate groups. (Aug 1999)
# Indian gambling OK; lottery is not. (Aug 1999)
# Hollywood should voluntarily self-censor sex and violence. (Jul 1999)
# Supports Amendment against flag-burning. (Apr 1999)
# We don’t need laws against Spanish language & culture. (Mar 1999)
# Affirmative action OK for specific programs, but no quotas. (Jul 1998)