Author Topic: I saw "The brave one" last night  (Read 971 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
I saw "The brave one" last night
« on: February 17, 2008, 10:40:48 AM »
   I finally saw the movie. While it showed whites as the bad guys and blacks as the good victims it did not contain the left wing message against self-defense. My guess is that they had to cast the film this way in order to get it released.
They did get something incorrect. While most of the scenes where she killed someone were vigilantism, the one in the convenience store was not(since the guy clearly wanted to kill her), and the one on the subway was in question(since she had merely decided that she could start riding the subway at night). The following two were vigilantism since she sought out the criminals. The last one was revenge, since she killed the people who killed her finance. Did anyone see this movie. I think it was a good movie regardless of inaccuracies for political correctness.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

newman

Re: I saw "The brave one" last night
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 11:53:18 AM »
I'm planning to see it. I believe it's a modern re-hash of Death Wish.

I do like little Jodie Foster but I hate the idea of them promoting black man/white woman relationships as normal.

Offline Gruzinit

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 10:34:45 PM »
Foster gave an interview, claiming the possesion of guns induces intense power trips in people that they should be kept of of their hands, "for the common good."

The movies seems like another pro-gun control, politically correct excuse to waste 10.50 on a stupid movie and a small fortune on stale popcorn and synthetic cheese with crusty nachos. Unlike Ms. Foster, women like me can't afford a giant security detail to protect us 24/7, so maybe she should just stick to things she knows, like movies one shold waste their money on...unless its Silence of the Lambs.
The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money. – Alexis de Tocqueville

Communism is like prohibition, it's a good idea but it won't work. - Will Rogers

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 11:56:25 PM »
Foster gave an interview, claiming the possesion of guns induces intense power trips in people that they should be kept of of their hands, "for the common good."

The movies seems like another pro-gun control, politically correct excuse to waste 10.50 on a stupid movie and a small fortune on stale popcorn and synthetic cheese with crusty nachos. Unlike Ms. Foster, women like me can't afford a giant security detail to protect us 24/7, so maybe she should just stick to things she knows, like movies one shold waste their money on...unless its Silence of the Lambs.
10.50?!!!!!!! its only 8.75 here and thats at the expensive theater
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Gruzinit

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 12:31:26 AM »
$ 8.75!!! I must have been in Junior High when prices were that low, I can't even get that price when i show student I.D. Where do you live?
The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money. – Alexis de Tocqueville

Communism is like prohibition, it's a good idea but it won't work. - Will Rogers

newman

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 03:16:11 AM »

This is typical Hollywood/ruling elite/limousine liberal Hypocracy!

Gruzinit makes a good point. Regular folk don't live on millionaires' row in large homes behind high walls with state of the art security systems. Nor do they have the means to hire other armed citizens equipped with high-powered, expensive weapons to despatch attackers. Unlike Rosie O'Donnell, Sean Penn, Jodie Foster et al.

I've never seen "intense power trips" at gun clubs or rifle ranges. I DO see it in Hollywood, DC and the halls of academia where a self-righteous, supercillious elite get their self-gratification in attempting to control the lives of us 'lesser people'.