Author Topic: Airsoft guns great for training/safety/realism/combat simulation  (Read 6047 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Thought you guys might be interested in this. I am an avid airsoft player. Many of the military guys here play it and I recommended it for the "we need a militia for jews" thread. I'm selling off most of my collection but I thought people would be rather amazed at how realistic some of these guns are. Heres a little bit of information about airsoft.

Airsoft is a modern combat sport or recreational hobby in which participants eliminate opponents by hitting each other with plastic ball bearings (BB's), launched from airsoft guns. Participants typically use varying types of weapons designed as replicas of real firearms, tactical gear, and accessories used by military and police organizations. In North America and Europe, there is a growing interest in playing airsoft.

Airsoft was developed in Japan in the late 1970s[1] to provide an alternative for gun hobbyists because local laws prevented individuals from privately owning firearms. A heavy emphasis was therefore placed on making accurate replicas of real firearms. Many new Chinese guns are dominating the airsoft market because they are more affordable. They compete against established companies like Classic Army, I Chih Shivan, and Tokyo Marui. In contrast, paintball was developed in the United States in 1981[2] as a variation of hide and seek tag, through the use of utility companies' paint marking guns, which mark power/utility poles, and continues to focus more on their function than their form or aesthetic qualities. Paintball has quickly gained greater popularity than airsoft in the United States. However, in East Asia, airsoft is much more popular and paintball is nearly non-existent. In the interests of a more family-friendly image, paintball as an industry usually avoids direct analogies to the military and war (seen by the movement towards spectator-friendly speedball). Similarly airsoft has taken a dual route, moving away from this (as seen in Airsplat) as well as embracing them. This sometimes extends to full MilSim play.

Here are some of my Airsoft replicas (already sold the TEC-9 and selling off the L85A1 and Galil)

Here are some pictures from our games.

Many law enforcement are training with Airsoft, I personally use my airsoft guns for dryfiring, teching people how to fieldstrip and properly hold a firearm. They are great training tools. Airsoft games are similar to paintball.

Heres are videos of airsoft games in action.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 10:23:37 PM by Cohen »

Offline Uziyahu

• Junior JTFer
    • Uziyahu on YouTube
Re: Airsoft guns great for training/safety/realism/combat simulation
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 11:34:23 PM »
That Galil is a rarity!  You can get GOOD money for that!

I participated in something called "Warfighters" at

http://www.warfighters.co.uk/

Flew to England for it.  More realistic ranges than you have with airsoft or paintball. 

Paintball will definitely teach you to keep your head down, though!

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 11:47:31 PM »
I knew it was fairly uncommon, I got it up on ebay for 350 right now, think I should boost the price up?

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 10:26:20 PM »

How bad do the plastic BB's hurt?  :)
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 11:30:05 PM »

How bad do the plastic BB's hurt?  :)

Less than a paintball though they are higher feet per second but smaller projectile. They don't penetrate and sting a bit. I used to play paintball all the time so my pain tolerance is pretty high.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 04:24:40 PM »

Heres some video from one of our games.

Doesn't look like a lot of action but there were 35 some people out there. The woods are really thick and it's easy to blend in with the environment. Video shows that well.