Author Topic: Age gap relationships.  (Read 29491 times)

Offline WALK STRONG

• Junior JTFer
Age gap relationships.
« on: February 19, 2008, 04:38:09 PM »
Just curious. This question is for both Jews and Gentiles (I know I am on the Jewish dating forum-I'd like both opinions). However, I am more so curious on the majority of Jews and what they think on this.

There are a lot of cases where older men marry younger woman.

What do you think of 18 + age gaps in a relationship?

What do you think of an older guy, that is 20 years or older than the young lady, asking to court her, or to potentially marry her? If neither have ever been married before? Example being man in forties, woman in twenties.

Thoughts?

Just wondering where people stand on this. If it is common in your society. If you know of any cases. What your thoughts, experience, opnions, etc, are.

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Age gap relationships.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 04:40:55 PM »
Well its a little creepy but I would find it acceptable.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 04:45:01 PM »

Why do you say it is creepy?

kellymaureen

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 04:51:19 PM »
My ex husband was 15 yrs older than me, I saw nothing wrong with that (no thats not the reason hes an 'ex' lol)
I generally like men who are older than me.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 04:54:51 PM »
My ex husband was 15 yrs older than me, I saw nothing wrong with that (no thats not the reason hes an 'ex' lol)

How old were you when you got married Kelly?

kellymaureen

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 05:22:46 PM »

I was 23 and Nathan was 38

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 05:25:08 PM »

Were you fine with that at the time, did it ever cross your mind......how about other people did they ever mention anything about the difference.

I actually really respect you for that.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 06:03:15 PM »

Why do you say it is creepy?

Because the older I get the more see older men over young girls gives me the creeps.

When I was younger I never noticed so much. My first husband was 17 years older, second husband was 14 years older.

I think its the mullahs and their taste for children have influenced how I see relationships. If the age gap is great enough for one of the people to be older enough to be a parent of the other, really is starting to grate on me.

But that is normal its called life experiences changing you value set.

kellymaureen

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 06:09:21 PM »

Were you fine with that at the time, did it ever cross your mind......how about other people did they ever mention anything about the difference.

I actually really respect you for that.
I was totally fine with that, and the age difference made no difference.  We mainly divorced because his career started going in a different direction which kept him away from home nearly half the year, and due to this he decided that it wasnt fair for him to have any more children (which i wanted and still want) he had 2 sons from his first marriage, I couldnt live with not having any more children, or it not even being an option, so that was that.
No one in his or my family cared about the age difference....he had a few jealous friends lol that he married somone so much younger ;)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 06:15:04 PM »
That's awkward, I must have different tastes, I prefer older women (later 20's, early 30's) and i'm 22.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 06:33:32 PM »
That's awkward, I must have different tastes, I prefer older women (later 20's, early 30's) and i'm 22.

That I am finding more common.

Why Cohen do you prefer older women?

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 06:37:22 PM »
I am 22 and I would like someone who is 20-25 wheather or not they are older isn't an issue. I'd like to be married within 4 years. I am making Aliyah in 2 years.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 06:44:13 PM »

Because in my opinion, older women are much more mature, they seem to have a broader understanding what's going on in the world, and a few other reasons.

Most of the girls here up to the age of 26 act like their still in highschool and have the attention span of a fruitfly (though that probably applies to many guys here too)

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 06:47:07 PM »

Because in my opinion, older women are much more mature, they seem to have a broader understanding what's going on in the world, and a few other reasons.

Most of the girls here up to the age of 26 act like their still in highschool and have the attention span of a fruitfly (though that probably applies to many guys here too)

:::D yes I can honestly say you are not the first fella to say that.

kellymaureen

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 06:48:32 PM »

Thats why Ive always dated men older than me, the ones my age or younger always acted like little boys.
I would feel funny dating someone younger, mainly because society has led us to believe theres something wrong with it, I might do it if the person was right, but I think despite everything I still might feel a little odd :-\

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 06:53:02 PM »
Doesn't help in my situation, I look fairly young for my age, some people think I'm 15 or 16 years old. I remember on youtube someone reported my video and comments were like "OMG, why'd your parents give you a gun?!" and I was responding "I'm 22!!!"

kellymaureen

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 06:55:39 PM »
Doesn't help in my situation, I look fairly young for my age, some people think I'm 15 or 16 years old. I remember on youtube someone reported my video and comments were like "OMG, why'd your parents give you a gun?!" and I was responding "I'm 22!!!"

:D Youll be glad you look young when you get older
 Ha ha whats their point, my son shoots and hes 12

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 07:20:01 PM »

Thats why Ive always dated men older than me, the ones my age or younger always acted like little boys.
I would feel funny dating someone younger, mainly because society has led us to believe theres something wrong with it, I might do it if the person was right, but I think despite everything I still might feel a little odd :-\

It is odd at times, I dated a guy 10 years younger than me. I generally now have 19 -24 asking me out.

Which the answer is no, its really alittle creepy. I even now will think twice about a guy even 2 0r 3 years younger.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 08:01:13 PM »
I think a lot of it has to do with maturity truthfully, it doesn't help that many girls in my area are into black guys, act like their gangsters, have financial troubles, and depend on their boyfriend completely.

Also I am the only Jew in my area, so rather isolated. Last time I dated was 4 years ago in highschool.

I think I can relate to a lot of older women and agree on serious topics that most of the younger girls would be bored shitless talking about.

I'm not talking 15 year gaps or anything, even a couple years older is fine. I think the largest gap was I was 18 and the other girl was 26.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 12:27:08 AM »
 David ben Moshe's Dad and Mom were 17 yrs apart, and he is brilliant.  It is strange, to tell you all that- David is ALSO 17 yrs apart from me, EXACTLY. Funny, huh? I adore him so much, I cant even see straight. So there. I dont know just how this happened to me, or even why, all that I know, is I LOVE this man, VERRRRRRRRRY MUCH.  :)  He wants to have children too- OMG. I am 43. KIDS!  HAHAHAHA... I am laughing because Sarah did this to Abraham...  ::) Perhaps it will come to pass.. Who knows?  IF it does, he WILL DEF. Go to a HEBREW SCHOOL, this scares David, b/c he des not want a leftist whiny kid- I told him- NO WAY, with you and I, This young man will be a force NOT to be reckoned with.  O0  I just ope all of the young men on this forum will help this young man, b/c if I DO have a child, he WILL be a BOY.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008, 01:11:18 AM »
Re:  "...What do you think of 18 + age gaps in a relationship?..."

I very much approve, providing that the couple are happy with the situation.

Age bears no relationship to maturity or the ability to have a serious relationship with another person.

I've met 13 year olds who are more mature, of higher intellect, and better spoken than many 53 year olds.

Life's short, so we should make the most of whatever works!

Offline Katie

• Full JTFer
  • OBAMA SUCKS
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2008, 03:29:17 AM »
well i think 20 years is a bit much, but i've had age gaps of 10 years in relationships or nearly 10 years anyways so 10 years isnt bad, but i think the most really acceptable for me would be 10-13 years between me and the guy
"Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go." - Barack Obama

haha

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2008, 02:14:27 PM »
David ben Moshe's Dad and Mom were 17 yrs apart, and he is brilliant.  It is strange, to tell you all that- David is ALSO 17 yrs apart from me, EXACTLY. Funny, huh? I adore him so much, I cant even see straight. So there. I dont know just how this happened to me, or even why, all that I know, is I LOVE this man, VERRRRRRRRRY MUCH.  :)  He wants to have children too- OMG. I am 43. KIDS!  HAHAHAHA... I am laughing because Sarah did this to Abraham...  ::) Perhaps it will come to pass.. Who knows?  IF it does, he WILL DEF. Go to a HEBREW SCHOOL, this scares David, b/c he des not want a leftist whiny kid- I told him- NO WAY, with you and I, This young man will be a force NOT to be reckoned with.  O0  I just ope all of the young men on this forum will help this young man, b/c if I DO have a child, he WILL be a BOY.

Nothing has changed EXCEPT NO CHILDREN.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline elle

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2008, 05:25:03 AM »
I like older men, they are alot more experienced !

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2008, 01:13:45 PM »
I like older men, they are alot more experienced !

Your listed as a male though?