Author Topic: Dog died.  (Read 11001 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Dog died.
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2008, 04:10:45 AM »
Yes, Ruby, but I believe 17 years is an excellent run for a dog, though I'm sure it's still just as difficult to lose him, or even more so.

He lived a long time but I don't want any more dogs after him.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2008, 05:46:29 AM »
I believe it doesn't matter if you have the animal for one month or 18 or 20 years, your attachment to the animal is the same. They each bring something different into your life, and I think many times they fill a need you have. They are honored because of this, and loved without question. And there is always something that stays with you even then that pet as pasted from this world.

A Rabbi once said to me, Never morn over what is lost, because one day it will return.

I disagree, if you have the animal for longer your attachment is a lot stronger.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2008, 06:15:40 AM »
I reads in General G.S. Patton's journal that he found the moroccan arabs hideously cruel to animals (I'm not saying you are, Sarah).

He noted many blind horses and donkies because of the arab habit of hitting animals about the head and face with sticks.

Yeah that is true, though it is only the poorer Arabs who treat their animals badly. The wealthier ones in Morocco, have some degree of sense......probably the only reason why they managed to become wealthy.

They usually treat their horses brilliantly, simply because they are treasured possessions to the average Moroccan. Though they're always whacking their donkies one and making them carry around about 50 times their weight.

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2008, 06:23:51 AM »
I believe it doesn't matter if you have the animal for one month or 18 or 20 years, your attachment to the animal is the same. They each bring something different into your life, and I think many times they fill a need you have. They are honored because of this, and loved without question. And there is always something that stays with you even then that pet as pasted from this world.

A Rabbi once said to me, Never morn over what is lost, because one day it will return.

I disagree, if you have the animal for longer your attachment is a lot stronger.

Thats clearly up to you Sarah, but its my belief animals Something you must love whole hearty from the beginning , not something that has to grow on you to love. Thats why animals are not objects but living breathing life that we must take care of. and if we don't then you are not worthy of having it as a pet in the first place.

Most people I find, are not worthy of even having a pet rock.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2008, 06:27:54 AM »

Thats clearly up to you Sarah, but its my belief animals Something you must love whole hearty from the beginning , not something that has to grow on you to love. Thats why animals are not objects but living breathing life that we must take care of. and if we don't then you are not worthy of having it as a pet in the first place.

Of course you must love animals from the beginning, especially if you're going to keep them as a pet. However if you have that pet for say 15 years, you'd love them in a hell of a lot more ways then if you had the pet for a year. You get to know the animal more over time and deepen your connection with it.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2008, 06:38:47 AM »

Of course you must love animals from the beginning, especially if you're going to keep them as a pet. However if you have that pet for say 15 years, you'd love them in a hell of a lot more ways then if you had the pet for a year. You get to know the animal more over time and deepen your connection with it.

NO I disagree, its like you love a child more as it gets older, if it dies at one year old, then its not as bad as if it dies when it is 15 years old. Love doesn't work that way. Well put it this way it should never work that  way. You are so young Sarah and Never had a major loss. One day you will realize giving your unconditional love to another living creature is easy, and not something that has to be earnt. A closed heart, is a closed soul.

Yes you will feel hurt and grief, but that is all apart of life. A very important part of life. Without it you are soulless and unfeeling, a zombie if you will.

Most mass murders started out in life with little to no care for animals, and sees them as objects, their lack of empathy grows and imparts on to human beings. Then their evil has no limits.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2008, 07:03:19 AM »

NO I disagree, its like you love a child more as it gets older, if it dies at one year old, then its not as bad as if it dies when it is 15 years old. Love doesn't work that way. Well put it this way it should never work that  way. You are so young Sarah and Never had a major loss. One day you will realize giving your unconditional love to another living creature is easy, and not something that has to be earnt. A closed heart, is a closed soul.

Yes you will feel hurt and grief, but that is all apart of life. A very important part of life. Without it you are soulless and unfeeling, a zombie if you will.

Most mass murders started out in life with little to no care for animals, and sees them as objects, their lack of empathy grows and imparts on to human beings. Then their evil has no limits.

Yeah you are right.

I think i am quite a hard person but that hardness is as a result of wanting to help the person and feel the loss.
As soon as something bad happens, my mind purposefully switches from being upset to anger.....
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 07:08:26 AM by Sarah »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2008, 06:12:31 PM »
My sister and her boyfriend didn't spay their cat on time and they had a male and a female cat. Well, surprise surprise, "Sally" got pregnant by "Cashew". They had some very sweet, beautiful little kittens. Don't worry, both cats are fixed now.

They kept some of the kittens and found homes for the others. Their favorite little kitten, whom they named Jeremiah, died very young. They live in an apartment, so they brought the kitten to the home I live in to bury it. They wanted to know where their little Jeremiah was buried and be able to mourn him properly. They loved that kitten, even though it was very young, and it hurt them to lose that kitten.

They were going to have many years with that kitten but unfortunately something was wrong with his little lungs and he didn't live long.

Even at that age and with such a short span of time, the kitten meant a lot to them. I petted the soft little kitten before they buried it too and I felt very sad. It was a very cute little animal.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2008, 06:18:36 PM »
Also, when there is a farm you cannot get attached to the animals in the same way....because the next day you turn around they're on somebodies plate.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2008, 06:19:52 PM »
Oh Ruby its very sad when you see and animal so young died. Poor little thing.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2008, 06:22:35 PM »
Also, when there is a farm you cannot get attached to the animals in the same way....because the next day you turn around they're on somebodies plate.

Sarah farming and having pets are too very different things. But I can tell you the good farmers care for their animals greatly.

In the Drought here I helped many farmers shot their stock. And theses men cried their eyes out in having to kill their animals. some even shot themselves.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2008, 06:39:03 PM »

Sarah farming and having pets are too very different things. But I can tell you the good farmers care for their animals greatly.

In the Drought here I helped many farmers shot their stock. And theses men cried their eyes out in having to kill their animals. some even shot themselves.

Wow thats bad. Did this affect most of Australia?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2008, 06:44:59 PM »

Wow thats bad. Did this affect most of Australia?

Yes it did, many states were drought effected. Water supplies were down below 10%.  Now in some parts the wet season has come and they were flooded. The land here is harsh. But in ways thats what makes the farmers the salts of the earth and good people.  :)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2008, 07:41:31 PM »

I wish that animals and humans didn't develop defects. I hope that one day God will give us a better world where we don't have to have such horrible things occur.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2008, 08:09:07 PM »

I wish that animals and humans didn't develop defects. I hope that one day G-d will give us a better world where we don't have to have such horrible things occur.

So true, I wish that as well. Its like my dog, 8 vets told me to put him down. One vet said no, and we worked on him for 6 months, the dog had a will to live, and I had spoken at great lengths with many people. I even took him into a Church and the minister blessed him. Now he is healthy two year dog, and works as a therapy dog, to children that require extra support, and also he works in the mental health unit of our hospital.

He understands these people pain and needs, I think more so because he has gone through it himself. He is a wonder dog in many respects, but most of all he is my companion.  :)

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2008, 08:37:19 PM »

I wish that animals and humans didn't develop defects. I hope that one day G-d will give us a better world where we don't have to have such horrible things occur.

You mean the injury and suffering not death, right?

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2008, 09:41:40 PM »

So true, I wish that as well. Its like my dog, 8 vets told me to put him down. One vet said no, and we worked on him for 6 months, the dog had a will to live, and I had spoken at great lengths with many people. I even took him into a Church and the minister blessed him. Now he is healthy two year dog, and works as a therapy dog, to children that require extra support, and also he works in the mental health unit of our hospital.

He understands these people pain and needs, I think more so because he has gone through it himself. He is a wonder dog in many respects, but most of all he is my companion.  :)

Which dog is this again, Skippy?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2008, 09:56:59 PM »

Which dog is this again, Skippy?

Pip the Gordon Setter

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2008, 04:41:05 AM »
Yes, Pip is a survivor. O0

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2008, 10:47:37 AM »

That's such a great story! A lot of people have animals put to sleep because they feel like it's more convenient, rather than looking out for the true best interest of the animal. I'm glad that you persevered!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2008, 04:43:57 PM »
Haha I don't know 4am this morning Ruby he came bouncing on my bed with his toy wanting to play  :::D :::D

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2008, 01:29:34 AM »
Haha I don't know 4am this morning Ruby he came bouncing on my bed with his toy wanting to play  :::D :::D

Wonderful!  :laugh:

I hope you had a nap later!

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2008, 10:39:00 PM »
Damn, so sorry and know exactly what he is going through.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!