Author Topic: chihuahua that went paragliding in Australia  (Read 2199 times)

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
chihuahua that went paragliding in Australia
« on: March 01, 2008, 09:06:37 PM »

SYDNEY (AFP) - A chihuahua that went paragliding in Australia strapped to its owner's chest survived when the pair crashed into a tree shortly after taking off, police said Saturday.

Victoria state police said a 42-year-old man set off early Friday evening for what they described as "a routine flight" with his pet dog.

The man and his intrepid canine got into difficulties and crashed into a tree, where they became entangled 35 metres (115 foot) up.

Police found the pair after the man called them from his mobile phone, and they were safely retrieved from the tree after being stuck up there for almost five hours.

Police said the man received abrasions in the crash. The chihuahua was believed to be unharmed.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: chihuahua that went paragliding in Australia
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 01:33:04 AM »
Cute dog, but I do have one gripe. It's ok for the guy to put his life at risk but why would he put his dog's life at risk in that way? The dog doesn't have the power to choose like he does.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 01:46:35 AM »
Cute story.  I'm glad the guy, but more importantly the dog are okay. O0  Skippy, don't try this with the two Chis.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 03:11:39 AM by Ari »

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 03:54:11 AM »
Cute story.  I'm glad the guy, but more importantly the dog are okay. O0  Skippy, don't try this with the two Chis.

My dogs like the motorbike, and I have taken the Kayaking. I don't like para gliding :-\