Poll

Would you eat it when it becomes kosher?

Yes.
6 (50%)
No.
6 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Would you eat pork when it becomes kosher when The Mashiach comes?  (Read 18075 times)

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Would you eat pork when it becomes kosher when The Mashiach comes?
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2008, 11:09:06 PM »
If it is written that the lion (or wolf) is going to lie with the lamb...meaning carnivores will become herbivores, then I highly doubt humans will desire to eat any type of animal in the World to Come.

Thats a remez (allegorical). + maybe this is talking about the time after Moshiah (which will last until the year 7,000).

What will happen after the 1,000 years are up?

I also heard that when Moshiach comes, all holidays will be abolished except for Purim and Yom Kippur. Kippurim means "like Purim". But why would people say this if it is a commandment in The Torah that we will have to go to The Temple 3 times a year in The World To Come and that even Righteous Gentile will be required to make the pilgrimage to Jerusalem every Sukkot?

Re: What will happen when...
We will start over a new world. There are many other worlds we will go through corresponding to the Sefirot. This 7,000 year period is Chesed within Gevurah which is why it appears so difficult (but really has a lot of good inside). The next world I believe will be chesed of chesed and things will be a lot easier. :)

Re: When Moshiach comes..

I agree with Tzvi on this. The holidays will still exist just not in the same way they do now. They will be "batul" nullilfied, because everyday will have the holiness of a holiday but they will still be observed and will remain in existence.

Aren't we in The Sixth World now? After the 1,000 years, The Seventh World will be a World of Shabbat.

What will happen after The Seventh World?

I have heard that the previous Five World correspond to Pre-Historic times and the previous generations of humans before Adam lived then. Each day of Creation was another one of the 6 Worlds. The current World is The World of The Sixth Day of Creation. This is literally a 6,000 year World counting from Adam but the previous World were a multiple of 6,000 accounting for the billions of years of Science.

You are talking about the last 1,000 years withing this 7,000 year period. I am talking about the other 7,000 year periods we will have.

The "billions years of sceince" is not to be accepted as a given but taken with a grain of salt because
a) it results from massive extrapolation beyond the observable experiementation that was done
b) does not account for fact that elements might have interacted differently before the big bang.
c) falls apart if you accept the Biblical account of creation which says that G-d made a ready made world e.g. full grown trees not seeds, a full grown man, not a baby which means there already was a certain amount of artificial appearance of age that G-d put into creation which would really mess the scientists experiments up just as if a scientist tested Adam on day 1 they would conclude that he was twenty something but would be totally wrong.

I don't completely agree with you, but accept your interpretation as a possibility.  I believe interpretation of what is written in the Torah about the creation of the universe and life can be left open.  Science sometimes shows us how Gd uses His fingers.  I do agree that scientific theories should be taken with a grain of salt, but so should primitive interpretations of the creation of life and the universe.  As we evolve spiritually and scientifically and hopefully, humanely, we will be able to read and interpret and understand the Hebrew text of the Torah much much better.  Religious people need to understand that science is Gd's handywork, and scientists need to understand that there is a higher power bigger than their own miniscual understanding of how everything works.

The account of creation is hardly "primitive". It may appear so to an untrained eye, but take some time out to learn of the Seder hishtalshelus, the order which G-d used to create the world and you will find a depth and wisdom that I don't think you will find anywhere else.

The scientists and the religious people don't even really disagree. One searches for G-d from the bottom (observable reality) up (faith when we realize there must be something bigger that we don't understand) and the other from the top (faith) down (observable reality when we are able to do that).

I'm not saying your interpretation is primitive. However, my understanding of your interpretation might be.  You see? I'm one of those Jews that needs to wander the Sinai for 40 years...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2008, 11:01:34 AM »
Pork was my favorite meat up until three years ago. Then I read why Jews don't eat pork, and it influenced me to stop eating pork  O0

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2008, 11:21:14 AM »
Pork was my favorite meat up until three years ago. Then I read why Jews don't eat pork, and it influenced me to stop eating pork  O0

Health reasons are good enough for not eating pork.

And that is not why jews don`t eat it.

The reason why jews don`t eat it is because jewish law says not to.  G-d has given us a sign which meat is forbidden to eat, and pigs come under that.     I think the text also happens to say something like (jews) eating pig is an abomination.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2008, 11:38:55 AM »

The reason why jews don`t eat it is because jewish law says not to.  G-d has given us a sign which meat is forbidden to eat, and pigs come under that.     I think the text also happens to say something like (jews) eating pig is an abomination.

I didn't say I stopped eating it for health reasons. I know it's not kosher because it doesn't chew its cud, but that's not what influenced me to stop eating it. Pig is the only animal to have split hooves and not chew its cud, therefore, it is holy on the outside but not on the inside, which makes it a fraud. And there's nothing worse than a fraud in Judaism (same in Christianity), it hit me like a ton of bricks.. that's why I stopped eating pork.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 11:40:40 AM by Vito »

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2008, 11:47:30 AM »
Very good, Vito.  I can see you in a few years with Vito's Kosher Italian Pizza & Pasta Restaurant.  I would definitely dine there. O0

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2008, 12:16:38 PM »
Very good, Vito.  I can see you in a few years with Vito's Kosher Italian Pizza & Pasta Restaurant.  I would definitely dine there. O0

Hey hey hey.. what's with the stereotyping?  :::D 

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2008, 07:11:26 PM »

I didn't say I stopped eating it for health reasons. I know it's not kosher because it doesn't chew its cud, but that's not what influenced me to stop eating it. Pig is the only animal to have split hooves and not chew its cud, therefore, it is holy on the outside but not on the inside, which makes it a fraud. And there's nothing worse than a fraud in Judaism (same in Christianity), it hit me like a ton of bricks.. that's why I stopped eating pork.

Isn't chewing the cud something you see on the outside too. Just like the split hoof.

You could say that a kosher animal is a fraud, since he has chewing the cud (which you call an inward sign). And the split hoof (the hoof of course faces the ground where you cannot see it easily). So he is trying to pretend to be something he isn't, as if he is trying to evade capture, evade G-d's plans!

You could say that a treif animal, one that chews the cud but does not have split hooves, is a fraud, pretending to appear kosher. Since you need 2 signs, and one of them is on his hoof facing the ground where you can't see it.

Fact is, the argument by reasoning. To say that the pig is a fraud, is just insane.

It's not like we need 100 signs and the pig has 99 of them.  You only need to look for 2 signs!

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2008, 07:36:28 PM »
Sorry, I must have missed something.  Even when Moshiach comes, pork will still not be kosher as HaShem's law will never change... 
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2008, 09:13:01 PM »

Hey hey hey.. what's with the stereotyping?  :::D 

Only among friends, Vito. O0