Author Topic: Former Arutz Sheva broadcaster Avi Hyman  (Read 5009 times)

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
Former Arutz Sheva broadcaster Avi Hyman
« on: December 20, 2006, 08:59:29 AM »
Does anyone know what happened to Avi Hyman ? Apparently he is no longer affiliated with Arutz Sheva, and that's a shame. Avi often expressed his love for Rav Kahane, adamantly supported Baruch Marzel in the last Israeli election and always urged Jews to make aliya.
Anyone know what he's up to now ?

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
Re: Former Arutz Sheva broadcaster Avi Hyman
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 04:55:39 PM »
I still listen to excerpts of Shai Ben Tekoa's shows at DeprogramProgram.com. Shai is tremendously articulate and is a fountain of historical knowledge, but he has said some very unflattering things about Rav Kahane and the JDL of that era. Shai also supported or lent tacit support to the dictator Sharon by failing to vehemently oppose Arik's evil expulsion of Jews from Aza. I have lost alot of my respect for Shai but I am grateful to him for turning me on to the wonderful music of Josef Karduner.

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 11:36:24 PM »
I started listening to Shai around a year before he left A7. I still think his program was the overall best A7 has broadcast. Some of Shai's commentary was absolutely brilliant and tremendously enlightening. A case in point was the program he did about the Barbary Coast pirates and America's founding fathers. That program can still be heard on his current website. I've exchanged a few E-mails with Shai and he seems like a really nice guy.

I met Tovia and spent an hour or two talking with him a few years ago and wasn't too impressed with him. He was visiting a synagogue near me during a tour he was doing in which he was speaking about the dangers of organizations like 'Jews for Jesus' which try to convert Jews. I told him that of course he's correct about groups like this but that their danger pales in significance to that of Islam and that he should concentrate more on that issue. He kind of brushed me off but since that time his show has in fact evolved in that direction. I really don't think Tovia is funny at all, in fact his poor man's Jackie Mason immitation can be downright annoying. Chaim on the other hand is genuinely funny. CBP is at his best and outrageously funny when he's telling stories about his day to day dealings with schvartzas. The Rav used to tell us about their combination of arrogance and ignorance and today Chaim continues to bring this message home with his hilarious stories and impersonations.

adam613

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 11:56:07 PM »
I rarely listen to Arutz Sheva. Whoever is the manager must be either a) a womanizer or b) other boys picked on him when he was a kid. I don't like any of their male hosts and it is no wonder the women hosts have contempt for men with the very narrow kind of male hosts they have. But I'm sure they had more talented men that Arutz Sheva either a) fires or b) never hired in the first place. I don't like Tovia Singer and I get really annoyed when a gentiile wants to help and Tovia makes it out like it is a big sin for a gentile to help a Jew. This atitude spills onto the board Yekutial runs where they have contempt for all Christians. It just isn't right.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 12:49:17 AM »
The Hebrew Arutz Sheva is way better than the english one.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 10:43:30 AM »
What can I say, I like Arutz Sheva but absolutely HATE it when they repeatedly use the term "Palestinian".  This, to me, allows Yasshole Arafag to smile in his grave and a true shame to the knowledged.  When the "right wing" now uses such a "nationality" to refer to the Arab mass murderers just furthers their intentions and validity to hack apart the Jewish State and build another Nazi Muslim Dictatorship on OUR Land!!  I'm far more partial to male talk show hosts because very rarely can a woman pull off a good show.  Even though I think Savage is arrogant and truly ignorant on many of this subject, there seems not a talkshow host that can hold a candle to him.  Tovia is good but not at the level of Savage.  Tamar, is good but again not in the league with the others.  It is a shame that Jay Shapiro doesn't have his own show.  He seems to be a very knowlegable Jew as well pro-Kach from what I have read.  I have written Tovia many times asking him to ask him and his guests to refer to the "Palestinians" as Balestinians or Arabs, or Islamofascists, Terrorists, Murderers etc. but it seem not to sink in.  I like him but he has to start showing more passion like Savage....Israel is in a real bind and they need a solid spokesperson and a true leader. 
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 03:48:48 PM »
Savage is a fraud. He is against Jonathan Pollard. Therefore, Savage is an Anti-Semite and Anti-Israel. It's not fare to compare the host of a Jewish talkshow to Savage. Savage does not have a Jewish show but rather a "ditto head" show like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Bill O'Reilly.

Savage is a savage so his name fits him.
Brother, I agree with you but for talk show hosts and shows, Savage is at the top of the pile.  I wouldn't call him an anti-Semite but he could be very much more pro-Israel and even expose the vast fraud and pure fabrication of the Balestinians.  If Savage was on at a different time, I'm sure his listenership would be in the number one spot.  It is very much applicable to compare talkshows even if our views don't always agree with his.  I don't agree all the time with Tovia Singer just like I don't agree with Savage.  I find Savage entertaining but again, I feel he could do much more than bolster his own ego and promulgate the myth of a "Palestinian People" but than again Tovia Singer uses "Palestinian" like they actually exist as well.  My comment was solely on comparing hosts and their talents.  Savage, whether one likes it or not, is a very talented and gifted individual with an amazing memory.  I don't agree with a good amount of what he says but he is the best America has at that level to this date which too is beyond doubt.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 04:43:35 PM by Marzutra »
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

adam613

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 06:59:05 PM »
So having a Rabbi on before Chaim that blames the men for ALL family problems is not anti-male. Could you answer that, Yacov.

adam613

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 07:50:11 PM »
Furthermore, I don't think very highly of Tovia and I will mention why right here. His family also is involved in rating Jews for no reason to organizations that clearly hate religious Jews and would do what they could to hurt them. Rabbi Singer's father who lives where I do now in the feminazi hell called Passaic, NJ I (all the single men are afriad to be involved in the community) I called his father to mention that some of these women shelters have bad agenda's. They are run by single women who hate men and especially hate religious man. Any Rabbi that supports this is a Mosar not only do they destory the father's life they destroy the children lives and in the end they destroy the women's life too. These organization main goal is to force divorce and to have children raised by mothers only. (Not all Rabbi's are supporting these shelters by the way.) a I have the list here in NJ of who is supporting them (Project S.A.R.A.H.. It is no different then the other Shelter's except the have Kosher Food). This is a horrible evil as unlike pagen religons a child is suppose to respect both parents not just the mother. The child can't develop a relationship with the father when certain organizations are forcing the men out of the children's lives and forcing him to pay child support and alimony even though the man did nothing wrong that deserves such a SEVERE PUNISHMENT. If our community want to help families it should do it internally and not farm it out to government organizations that have evil agenda's. TOVIA SINGER also belives that there are a lot of abusive men. I really don't believe that men are being any worse then the women are to be honest. In fact statisics show that among America Jews women are more likely to engage in Physical Violence then Jewish men are. Women do it at a 7% click men at a 1% click. (No matter what the statistics you need to hear both sides.) Unlike these shelters that abuse can be anything the women doesn't like this study defines physical violence that has the potnetial to seriously hurt the other party. So Tovia singer supports his father who rats on Jewish men. Many of these Rabbi's do it because it looks good to be a women Rabbi. He also is more involved in helping women then men. These kind of men are causing more and more men to leave Orthodoxy and/or to hate Judaism. Many of the men can't fight for Israel because all their experiences as men are horrible. I will post in the new world order section what some of these shelters have done to women that these Mosar Rabbi's and the great United Nation support. 

adam613

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2006, 08:28:04 PM »
I did want to clarify that this was talking about American Jewish women. Among religions they found that Jewish men had the lowest rate of physical abuse to women which was 1%. Among Jewish women they found a rate of 7% which was double that of either Catholics or Protestants not sure which group. Among other groups it was more equal. In some groups it was more men. Among Puerto Rican's it was more men then women. American's overall it was more common among women although I don't know the exact numbers but it was closer than among American Jews.

Which again, I do feel that this idea that Jewish men beat up their wives just doesn't ring true in most cases. Jewish men are known sadly for being wimps and Jewish men do have other serious problems and other problems dealing with women in some cases but beating up their wives in general I don't think is one of them.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 08:36:20 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »