Author Topic: Rachel's Tomb  (Read 2887 times)

admin

Rachel's Tomb
« on: December 21, 2006, 09:36:49 PM »
This is Rachel's Tomb in Bethlehem. Jacob buried Rachel here after she died here while giving birth to Binyamin. This is a picture of the historic domed structure built by Sir Moses Montifiore. This structure is now inside a new fortified complex built to protect it from the local Arab terrorists.

This is the original entrance to Rachel's Tomb inside the new fortified complex.

This is the actual grave of Rachel's Tomb.

This is the covering that was over Joseph's Tomb in Shechem before Joseph's Tomb was destroyed in the beginning of The Oslo War. The covering is now housed at Rachel's Tomb as seen in this picture.

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
Re: Rachel's Tomb
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 01:37:32 AM »
Thank you for opening this new section Yacov!

Arab muslim barbarians should be expelled out of the Holy Land.

Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Yochanan Zev

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 04:47:07 PM »
I've been told that Rachel's tomb has a special significance to feminists.  Doesn't anyone know what exactly that attraction is?  Does it have anything to do with those rainbows around the tomb.  Are those painted on or is that sort of a prism effect taking place on the camera lens?

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 04:59:26 PM »
CZ I agree, and to be expelled from this country as well. Filthy Muslim dogs
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

adam613

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 12:54:54 AM »
>I've been told that Rachel's tomb has a special significance to feminists.

Certainlly Rachel was no feminist. She cared about both the Jewish people as a whole. She didn't just care about Jewish women.

However, I would have no doubt that some feminists are attracted to the site becuase she is in a tomb and is not burried with her husband Jacob because she died during childbirth while Jacob was traveling for trying to steal her father's idol's becuase she didn't want her father worshipping idol's. I certainlly hope that most people that are visiting and protecting the site are not g-d forbid feminists who hate men and hate marriage unless the man is a complete doormat and henpecked by the wife because I think it desecrates Rachel if they are and Rachel up in heavan may not want Jewish feminists to protect her site as it makes her look like something she is not. Many American Jewish women have been brainwashed by evil womanizing Rabbi's that Judaim and feminism are mostly compatable and have been very helpful and all men except Rabbi's are bad. And they honestly think Rachel had the same kind of view about men.  To go back to the bible Rachel went to Jacob because she had no children and Jacob got angry at her and told her if she thinks he is g-d that withheld having children. Rachel wanted to blame Jacab and as a self respecting man he didn't let himself be stepped on. Jacob didn't get down on his hands and knee's and say you know Rachel you are right. Men are stupid idiots and it is my fault.  And Rachel didn't scream the Jacob was an abuser and a women hater for not appreciating Rachel blaming Jacob for not having children. And she then gave Jacob her maidservant. See Genesis Chapter 30 (Verses 1-24).

Yochanan Zev

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 11:37:24 AM »
I've understand that many women who are barren visit Rachel's tomb for inspiration, and perhaps for some sort of divine intervention. 

My understanding of Rachel is that her fate was very much determined by her own doing.   In Bereshit 30, Rachel was very frustrated because she was barren, to the point that she wanted to die if she couldn't concieve.  She made a deal with her sister Leah. In exchange for Ruben's dudaim so that she could bear children, she permitted Jacob to sleep with Leah, who herself had become barren after already having had four sons.  Although Rachel was able to bear Joseph to Jacob, Leah bore him two more sons and a daughter.  So because of her jealousy and need to be instantly gratified through medicine,  compromised her position as favorite wife, similar fashion to Esau selling his birthright to Jacob.  It may explain why she is buried on a side of a road seperate from the other patriarchs and matriarchs.

She also valued her fathers idols, and was unintentionally cursed to die by Jacob for stealing his them.  For when Laban came looking for them, she hid them under her dress and looked him father square in the face and said " I cannot rise before you, for the way of women is upon me.", so that she would not reveal them to him.  This may be the reason that she dies giving birth to Benjamin because she has used the excuse of her menstual period to manipulate her father.   

She placed more value on being a mother than a wife.  She also uses her feminine nature to manipulate the men in her life.  Perhaps this is why feminists like her so much.  ???

Yochanan Zev

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 05:06:37 PM »
Then why is Rachel buried on the side of the road instead of in the the cave in Makpelah (sp)? with the rest of the patriarchs/matriarchs   :o
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 05:18:02 PM by Kananga »