Author Topic: Self-Hating Jews To Ordain "Secular Rabbis" In Israel  (Read 2981 times)

admin

Self-Hating Jews To Ordain "Secular Rabbis" In Israel
« on: December 24, 2006, 01:40:54 AM »
Secular Rabbis To Be Ordained In J'lem
By ETGAR LEFKOVITS

In an unprecedented event in Israel, seven secular Jews who view Judaism as a culture, as opposed to a religion, will be ordained as rabbis Friday in Jerusalem.

The ceremony, which will be held at the Israel Museum, comes after the ordainees completed three years of study at the International Institute for Secular Humanistic Judaism in Jerusalem. Twenty five additional students are currently studying at the program.

The organization, which promotes "secular humanistic Judaism," is closest to the Reconstructionist Judaism movement in the United States, said Oren Yehi-Shalom, 35, who will be ordained at the ceremony. Yehi-Shalom said that the participants do not pray to God, but believe in man's humanity.

The group's Web site lists the belief in God "as a literary character," citing the Dutch philosopher Spinoza, who is recognized as the founder of modern Biblical criticism.

Yehi-Shalom, who was born to a secular family in the Tel Aviv suburb of Petah Tikva, said he was approached by the organization while working in the field of education and completing his masters at Bar-Ilan University.

Those who will be ordained on Friday will work in the field of education, and will officiate at religious ceremonies that will not necessarily include God in them. The group has carried out dozens of such marriage and bar and bat mitzvah ceremonies in Israel, where no Jewish certification is needed to take part, and only a declaration of desire to undergo such a ceremony is needed.

The ceremonies would carry no legal standing in Israel though, and would be symbolic at most, since even Conservative and Reform marriages - not to mention marriages by the more left-leaning Reconstructionist Movement - are not recognized by the rabbinate.

Still, the ordination of the secular rabbis is bound to attract the ire of the Orthodox establishment in Israel, which has a virtual monopoly over religious issues such as marriages, divorces, and burials.

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
Re: Self-Hating Jews To Ordain "Secular Rabbis" In Israel
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 10:18:17 PM »
It still amazes me about the number of "rules" and "laws" that go into what it means to be a Jew.  That said, I find the idea of "secular rabbis" disgusting.  I mean, what is the point?  You shouldn't be able to throw away what you want.  Not that easy anyways.
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline Jizzepie

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 10:30:38 PM »
This is a problem in Christianity too. Heretics like John Shelby Spong don't even believe in a theistic God. How he ever became Bishop of Newark is beyond me.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 12:30:26 AM »
A GOOD BULLWHUPPIN' WILL HAVE 'EM ALL DOWN ON THEIR KNEES PRAYIN' TO THEIR "LITERARY CONCEPT" TO "PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!"

WITH ALL THE INSANITY IN PROGRESS IN ERETZ YISRAEL TODAY, IT REALLY SHOULD BE NO PROBLEM TO SMUGGLE CHAIM BEN PESACH (AS WELL AS ALL OF THE REST OF US) INTO THE COUNTRY:

ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS THINK OF THE MOST TWISTED INSANE AND SELF-DESTRUCTIVE NEW "CONCEPT" TO PROCLAIM TO THE WORLD IS OUR NEW CREED OR DOCTRINE, PUT ON SOME RENTAL THEATRICAL DISGUISES, AND THE GOVERNMENT OF SMOLMERT WILL GIVE US THE KEYS TO JERUSALEM AND WELCOME US LIKE THE MOSCHIACH!

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 03:05:06 PM »
I have nothing to say.

It was only a matter of time.  The sodomites are trying to destroy Israel from within, though I know that good will win in the end.  The righteous of Israel should not tolerate this satanic filth on holy grounds or anywhere else.

This is a problem in Christianity too. Heretics like John Shelby Spong don't even believe in a theistic G-d. How he ever became Bishop of Newark is beyond me.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Pro-Homosexual, Pro-Racism (against whites), Anti-Bible, and extreme-left wing on all of the issues.  What a filthy man when you look up information on him.

Offline Jizzepie

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 04:34:44 PM »
Both John Shelby Spong and his little bumchum John Dominic Crossan ought to be hung, drawn, and quartered. Neither of the two are real Christians yet both have made millions from the church.