Author Topic: To be sure, to be sure, Happy St. Patrick's Day to the good Christians out there.  (Read 5353 times)

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
Newman are you drunk yet  ^-^ ^-^

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 12:15:15 AM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
I actually do have some Irish blood, I think 1/4.  :) Thanks Skippy.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
Happy St. Patricks!

• Ultimate JTFer

Newman is an Irish Noahide, not an Irish Catholic.

He is still an Irishman. Its called having pride. And no Irishman worth his salt, Orange or Green does not like a good drop.  ::)

Maybe you need to be a commonwealth member to understand that...to be sure to be sure  ;)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member

I'm not Catholic either you know. I just happen to like that holiday.

• Ultimate JTFer

I like it too, and have enjoyed today dressing in Green, and drinking beer with my friends.  ;)

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer

I like it too, and have enjoyed today dressing in Green, and drinking beer with my friends.  ;)

Same here, makes me feel Irish  :::D :::D :::D

• Ultimate JTFer
Many are great people, very friendly.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
My moms boyfriend is Irish, went to his house last night for dinner. He was really sick though as he has Hepatitus so he was sleeping all day, saw the rest of the family though and had a good time.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
Happy St. Pats everyone, now let's drink. :::D

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
I think I have some rum that's several years old. I don't dip into it much.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
I am Catholic, and Saint Patrick was the patron Saint of Ireland, even though I am not Irish.  Happy St. Patricks Day.

Saint Patricks also revolves around the luck of the Irish.  

RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
As a Jets fan, I wish they had the luck of the Irish.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
Out of curiosity, has anyone here actually seen a 4 leaf clover???
When I see clovers growing wild in my garden (and they grow like crazy) I always look to see if there is a 4 leaf one. My mom says it would be great luck. I assume that they would exist but has anyone ever seen one?

My sister found one a long time ago, one day when we were flying kites. I thought it was really awesome. We even showed a neighbor.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
I used to take 3 leaf clovers and tear one to make a fourth leaf. O0

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member

But you're still Christian.

That much is true, and at least 1/4 Irish.  :)

• Ultimate JTFer

Let me remind all the Jews here that JTF holds that Jews shouldn't celebrate Gentile holidays. I celebrate American holidays though but NO Jews should ever celebrate Christian holidays such as St. Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, or Christmas. I'm not going to make a banning poll because I don't want to ban Christian holidays but that doesn't mean Jews should can celebrate them. As far as I know, there is nothing pagan about St. Patrick's Day so there is no reason why Christians shouldn't celebrate it. But Jews and Noahides should NEVER celebrate Christian holidays.

Well that just makes me more unrightoeus then doesn't it.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
Out of curiosity, has anyone here actually seen a 4 leaf clover???
When I see clovers growing wild in my garden (and they grow like crazy) I always look to see if there is a 4 leaf one. My mom says it would be great luck. I assume that they would exist but has anyone ever seen one?

My sister found one a long time ago, one day when we were flying kites. I thought it was really awesome. We even showed a neighbor.

Oh WOW! Then my search will continue! That's amazing really. I hope she saved it.

Unfortunately not. It faded out.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
They had green bagels at the kosher bagel store today. In the past, they stopped when it became kosher when religious Jews bought it. But now a Jordanian Arab owns it so he sells it. I used to like green bagels and I would have bought one if it wasn't for a Christian holiday. Why don't they just make colored bagels all year round? But if they sell it for a Christian holiday, I can't eat it. When religious Jews owned it, my dad went to buy green bagels for my sister and they said "You're Jewish. Why do you need green bagels?".

I wish they sold colored bagels for Jewish holidays.

I like Bagels, especially onion bagels with onion dip spread on them, chocolate chip bagels with peanut butter, and blueberry bagels toasted with either cream cheese or jelly. :) There used to be cherry bagels sold at the local grocery store but they stopped making them years ago. Those were yummy!

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
March 17th is a mourning day here. The memorial for the victims of the bombing of the Israeli Embassy in 1992. Even though Jews use the lunar calendar, this date is still remembered as a sad day. However Irish people usually celebrate St Patrick. I am not Irish, but I wouldn't go to a party today, at least in Argentina.

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
  I only recently learned about this Catholic holiday...  :)
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
Erin go bra!
  Happy St. Patrick's Day...

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
Lá Fhéile Phádraig Sona Dhaoibh! (Happy Saint Patrick's Day)

Saint Patrick's Day is most associated with Catholics but it is also a holiday for Anglicans, Lutherans, and Orthodox Christians. St. Patrick was not even Irish. He was born to a Roman father in Britain (which was all Celtic then this is before the Normans and Anglo-saxons). He was captured by Irish raiders and brought to Ireland as a slave. After working as a slave for several years he escaped, returned to Britain and eventually became a priest. But Ireland never left him and he came to believe it was his calling to return to the land that enslaved him and to convert the Irish from paganism to Christianity. After having a dream during which he was given a letter by a man from Ireland called "The Voice of the Irish" saying "Holy boy, we beg you to come and walk among us once more" he decided to return to Ireland. He wasn't the first Christian missionary to Ireland but he was the most successful one and is remembered because of the books he wrote detailing his missionary work and for the network of Churches he established centered around Armagh. He is the Patron Saint of Ireland and also New York.