Author Topic: Is it a Sin To Hate People?  (Read 6624 times)

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
Is it a Sin To Hate People?
« on: March 19, 2008, 01:08:33 PM »
or should we be somewhat more forgiving and say we just hate their behavior?  I admit I am guilty of hating some people with a passion. I despise them with every fiber of my being.  O0
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 01:12:57 PM by Ari »

kellymaureen

Re: Is it a Sin To Hate People?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 01:14:05 PM »
Guilty also ;)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 01:14:19 PM »
I think it depends on your theological background.

I wish I could stop hating people and just hate their behavior but sometimes that's very difficult.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 01:57:08 PM »
depends who you hate and why you hate.

If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 03:19:31 PM »

O0
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 03:56:14 PM »
I would have to say that I do hate some people but I don't think it is a sin. I Believe that you can hate people but not for who they are. If you hate someone because they worship an evil Religion or person then I think it is okay. For Expample I hate Muslim in Iraq but when I was in Israel on of the Rabbis who I spent Shabbat with had an Iraqi wife. She was Jewish and couldn't have been nicer.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 03:57:59 PM »
It's not a sin to hate evil people and the suffering they cause.  Hate is a human emotion.  If you don't hate them, then what will motivate you to do anything about them, besides commiserating with their victims? 

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 06:05:35 PM »
It's not a sin to hate evil people and the suffering they cause.  Hate is a human emotion.  If you don't hate them, then what will motivate you to do anything about them, besides commiserating with their victims? 
How do you know this person is evil?

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 06:08:53 PM »
How do you know this person is evil?

I'm just writing in general terms, since I have no idea who Ari hates or why.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 06:09:30 PM »
By the actions that they do
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 06:11:00 PM »
Anybody who says they don't hate is lying.

Would you say.. its ok to hate nazis?

Offline abdithefaithful

• Full JTFer
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 07:51:25 PM »
Let's face it, many experts claim that the "emotion" of "hate" is an unhealthy one... And yes, they're probably correct in that hypothesis... However, there are people in this world who are so gosh darn vile and lewd that you simply can't help from hating them... Sure, it's most likely not good for our "health", our bodies don't benefit whatsoever from the "chemical reactions" that stir up inside us while we're "hating" someone, but heck, sometimes we just can't help ourselves... That said, I wish we lived in a "perfect world" where there would be no need to "hate" anyone or anybody, that would be such a pleasure, but unfortunately that definitely is NOT the case in THIS world, nor will it probably EVER be... There will ALWAYS be need to HATE the people who are far too evil to forgive or forget about....
If you don't like The Great Chaim, then you sure as heck wouldn't like me!

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 07:53:32 PM »
No, I don't think it is a sin to hate those who are evil, who want to murder, who rape, islamic terrorists that do both and want to destroy everyone and everything in their path.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

newman

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 07:56:23 PM »
If you DON'T hate evil people , you are morally vaccuous (at best) or evil yourself.

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 08:30:06 PM »
Hate is a sin. Acknowledging that they are your enemy, and acting on that is not a sin

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 08:37:40 PM »

O0

If you hate murderers and rapists and child molesters and nazis and people who defend nazis, then you're on the right side.

If you hate flowers, bunnies, children, righteous people, the elderly, then you're probably on the wrong side.

If you hate all blacks or all whites because of the color or lack of color of their skin or the shape of their eyes or the length of their hair, you are misguided and need some help.

If you hate all million people of a certain nation and it happens to be that this country is at war with yours, be prepared to love them at the time of real peace...

If you hate Islam, you are doing the right thing.  If you do not trust Muslims, you are doing the right thing.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 08:38:54 PM »
Let's face it, many experts claim that the "emotion" of "hate" is an unhealthy one... And yes, they're probably correct in that hypothesis... However, there are people in this world who are so gosh darn vile and lewd that you simply can't help from hating them... Sure, it's most likely not good for our "health", our bodies don't benefit whatsoever from the "chemical reactions" that stir up inside us while we're "hating" someone, but heck, sometimes we just can't help ourselves... That said, I wish we lived in a "perfect world" where there would be no need to "hate" anyone or anybody, that would be such a pleasure, but unfortunately that definitely is NOT the case in THIS world, nor will it probably EVER be... There will ALWAYS be need to HATE the people who are far too evil to forgive or forget about....

you're supposed to hate very bad things...things that stand alone with no quality is not such a good idea just hate.

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 09:01:17 PM »
You arent really aloud to hate a Jew, if he is a sinner you have to hate his sins, not himself.

newman

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 09:06:41 PM »
You arent really aloud to hate a Jew, if he is a sinner you have to hate his sins, not himself.
In the cases of Shapiro, Chompsky, Schumer etc you can hate THEM.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2008, 09:08:58 PM »
In the cases of Shapiro, Chompsky, Schumer etc you can hate THEM.
No you can't.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 10:06:58 PM »
Re:  "...He shall rain upon the wicked charcoal, fire, and brimstone, and a burning wind is the portion of their cup..."

Sounds to me like G-d is having a backyard Bar-B-Que!

newman

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2008, 10:10:08 PM »

So you see, even G-d hates evil people.  The Hebrew word used in verse 5 is actually "sonah", which IS the word for hate.  It's not a problem to hate, as long as you're hating the correct people.  Ideologies that preach loving of everyone no matter what are not practical and don't reflect G-d's will

You're right.

The idea of loving an evil person but only hating what they do is a crock.................sounds like something a christian would say.

A person is defined by what they do and how they live. Ted Bundy was a despicable murderer and rapist. There wasn't some 'lovable' portion of him trapped in a cave elsewhere. He was defined by his life and his deeds. He should have been hated, not loved!

Secondly, love is for those who are lovable. To love EVERYBODY (killers, traitors, leftists, muSSlims included) cheapens and devalues the love you have for family and good people.

To love everybody is to love NOBODY.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2008, 11:27:02 PM »
One question is how do you define on who is evil? Maybe most of us fit in the category of evil sometimes by the actions we do.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2008, 11:28:10 PM »
One question is how do you define on who is evil? Maybe most of us fit in the category of evil sometimes by the actions we do.

well, nobody is perfect...

however, there is supplication...and when one is sorry for his/her evil deeds and means it, then it's a little bit better.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 11:32:06 PM »
It's like asking is it a sin to use a knife? The question is wrong. The question should be "HOW should we use a knife".

The question should not be is hate good or bad, but "what is hate good for"?

And it is good for certain things and bad for others. The Torah tells us how to use it.
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.