Author Topic: PMCs and Israel  (Read 2446 times)

Offline Matt M.

• New JTFer
PMCs and Israel
« on: March 20, 2008, 09:08:04 AM »
Do you think Israel could ever benefit from utilizing the services of Private Military Companies? I assume that Israelis would rather see a foreign Gentile's life put at risk then another Israeli Jew's, which could be one benefit of utilizing PMCs. Israel also gets a lot of bad press when it takes military action. If PMCs were utilized the negative press would likely shift to them instead of Israel. Take the incident in which Blackwater contractors killed 17 Iraqi 'civilians' for example. Blackwater took the bulk of the bad press from that incident in the western media. If it were US enlisted soldiers who killed the Iraqis instead of Blackwater contractors I suspect the US government would have taken a lot more heat for it. Furthermore, given the nature of capitalism and government bureaucracy, hiring PMCs might be cheaper than utilizing a national force for some operations.

On the other hand Israelis might not trust foreigners to handle any of their nations military or security needs. Perhaps the Israelis would rather have government money spent on the IDF rather than given to private sector foreigners. In America there's a general distrust of private military and security firms, and that attitude might also be prevalent in Israel. Maybe this thread is somehow offensive to you. If it is I'm sorry, but I don't know anything about Jews’ opinions on this subject and I'm interested in finding out what you think.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Re: PMCs and Israel
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 10:11:56 AM »
I think Israel will be villified no matter what.