Author Topic: Jews In Sports  (Read 23366 times)

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
Re: Jews In Sports
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2008, 11:14:29 PM »
Yes, I agree.  Hillen only played a couple of games, and I didn't get a good read of him either, except that he seems like a good skater.  Okposo seems to have a nice scoring touch.  Now we need a great draft pick, and hopefully spend some money on the right free agents. O0

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2008, 11:26:12 PM »

Definitely! I'm also a fan of Okposo's intensity.
Maybe they'll pick up Ben Rubin haha ;D

"My name is Daniel Pearl. I am a Jewish American"
"My family follows Judaism. We've made numerous family visits to Israel."
~Daniel Pearl

"We are a small nation, but strong."
~Moshe Dayan

"First of all, Arafat is wrong. Jerusalem is Israel's capital, will never be divided, and will remain the capital of the State of Israel, the capital of the Jewish people, for ever and ever. "
~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
Together we survive, apart we fall
~Subliminal

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2008, 11:32:00 PM »
Hey, you never know.  I wish we never gave up on Schneider so soon.

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2008, 11:44:23 PM »
Hey, you never know.  I wish we never gave up on Schneider so soon.

Yeah... I still think he'd be a good addition....
his contract with the Ducks is over at the end of next season...  ;)
~Daniel Pearl

~Moshe Dayan

"First of all, Arafat is wrong. Jerusalem is Israel's capital, will never be divided, and will remain the capital of the State of Israel, the capital of the Jewish people, for ever and ever. "
~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
~Subliminal

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2008, 11:59:47 PM »
Yeah, I remember reading Garth Snow wanted to bring him back to the Islanders last year, but the Ducks beat him out, and Schneider lives in L.A.  Hey, it's possible.  He'll be 40 at the end of the contract, but he's actually getting better with age.  Maybe, he plans on being another Chris Chelios.  They were tight in Detroit, I've heard.

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2008, 12:03:51 AM »

Really?? Sounds good to me! Hopefully he'll have another go at the end of next season!
~Daniel Pearl

~Moshe Dayan

~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
~Subliminal

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2008, 12:16:01 AM »
Love the Rangers but believe the final will be this is a prediction but no prediction is 100 percent

Pittsburgh vs Detroit.. Penguins - Cup
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2008, 12:19:10 AM »
Love the Rangers but believe the final will be this is a prediction but no prediction is 100 percent

Pittsburgh vs Detroit.. Penguins - Cup

Im not sure about Detroit... but I think you're right when you say the Penguins will win the cup.
That Sidney Crosby is insane!!
~Daniel Pearl

~Moshe Dayan

~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
~Subliminal

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2008, 12:23:46 AM »
Yeah, the Penguins do have scary talent.  Still, a bit raw, but they should be good for a very long time.  I always pick the Wings to come out of the West and they have been letting me down of late.  I have a feeling the Ducks or Sharks could make the finals ahead of them.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2008, 12:31:33 AM »
Sid has been hurt and they still managed to clinch the Atlantic division cause Geno Malkin took the team on his shoulders.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2008, 12:33:45 AM »
Yeah, he's been great, and Ovechkin in Washington has been unbelievable too.

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2008, 12:36:39 AM »
Absolutely...
Ovechkin... Crosby...
Crosby came back though, right?
Or did he get hurt again in the last couple of games?
~Daniel Pearl

~Moshe Dayan

~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
~Subliminal

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2008, 12:42:54 AM »
He's back.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2008, 01:42:32 AM »
This past Sunday and Monday a Jewish first must have happened, though I don't know how to go about checking it quite frankly.  For the Milwaukee Brewers, Ryan Braun and Gabe Kapler hit home runs for the same team two days in a row.   O0

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2008, 02:03:11 PM »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2008, 02:06:24 PM »
Yes, Igor's a big boy, Mord.  Strong as an ox.  Solid player.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2008, 02:09:48 PM »
Yes, Igor's a big boy, Mord.  Strong as an ox.  Solid player.
Yes sure is

Shot at 2007-12-02
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2008, 04:34:04 PM »
More Jews in sports

Wasn't the late great hero Pat Tillman Jewish? Oh yea he was.  He was the one shot in Afganistan, he enlisted after 911 and gave up a promising career in the NFL.

http://www.jewishsports.com/

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2008, 01:48:16 AM »
Good links, MW.  No, I don't believe Pat Tillman was Jewish.  Great man, G-d rest his soul, but not a tribe member.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2008, 02:20:32 AM »
    Pat Tillman was a very special human being.   Extraordinary.     Not many people would give up their NFL career or Professional sports career in general,  to serve their country.      Pat Tillman gave his life for the United States in order to help protect the freedom of Americans and countless others in the war against Al Qaeda and those who support the likes of Al Qaeda.     G-d Bless Pat Tillman and his family.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2008, 07:36:18 AM »
Re:  "Pat Tillman"

Hate to be "the bearer of bad tidings", but it has come to light that Mr. Tillman was snuffed out by American soldiers, on the orders from Washington, to silence him for his vocal opposition to the Afghan occupation.

Coroner's autopsy report proved the government's statements about him to be a complete fabrication, and indicated that he was shot in the head at point black range with American weapons.

This information should come as no surprise to anyone who keeps current with actual news reports, as the incident with the female prisoner "going down with her weapons blazing", and then being "rescued within an inch of her life" by fellow GI's, was also proven to be a complete fraud and a pack of propaganda lies.

Never ceases to amaze me how willfully ignorant the American public is today.

Doesn't take but a bunch of jingoism and flag waving on television and radio by liars like Sean Hannity, to continue on with the fraudulent Bush "War on Terror".

Don't misinterpret my statements above...I'm all for having a War Against Terrorists, but we do not now have one and never had one.

It was Bush who forced a fraudulent "election" in Gaza (under Jimmy Carter's approving supervision) and elevated Hamas from a tiny group of maniacs up to a "democratically elected government of the people"; followed by untold millions of dollars in giveaways and weaponry to the PLO Nazis.

Not to mention creating a phony Terror State of "Kosova" by diktat, and currently arming them with heavy weaponry so they might attack the Christian Serbs who own Kosovo.

There's lots of terror, all right--most of it being experienced by the American people by an insane regime.

I fully expect that when the day comes that the Red Chinese Peoples' Liberation Army invades our West Coast and marches East, we will all hear the "news" that the entire Bush family is safe and sound on the huge estate they are alleged to have purchased in Paraguay.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2008, 11:38:19 AM »
Re:  "Pat Tillman"

Hate to be "the bearer of bad tidings", but it has come to light that Mr. Tillman was snuffed out by American soldiers, on the orders from Washington, to silence him for his vocal opposition to the Afghan occupation.

Coroner's autopsy report proved the government's statements about him to be a complete fabrication, and indicated that he was shot in the head at point black range with American weapons.

This information should come as no surprise to anyone who keeps current with actual news reports, as the incident with the female prisoner "going down with her weapons blazing", and then being "rescued within an inch of her life" by fellow GI's, was also proven to be a complete fraud and a pack of propaganda lies.

Never ceases to amaze me how willfully ignorant the American public is today.

Doesn't take but a bunch of jingoism and flag waving on television and radio by liars like Sean Hannity, to continue on with the fraudulent Bush "War on Terror".

Don't misinterpret my statements above...I'm all for having a War Against Terrorists, but we do not now have one and never had one.

It was Bush who forced a fraudulent "election" in Gaza (under Jimmy Carter's approving supervision) and elevated Hamas from a tiny group of maniacs up to a "democratically elected government of the people"; followed by untold millions of dollars in giveaways and weaponry to the PLO Nazis.

Not to mention creating a phony Terror State of "Kosova" by diktat, and currently arming them with heavy weaponry so they might attack the Christian Serbs who own Kosovo.

There's lots of terror, all right--most of it being experienced by the American people by an insane regime.

I fully expect that when the day comes that the Red Chinese Peoples' Liberation Army invades our West Coast and marches East, we will all hear the "news" that the entire Bush family is safe and sound on the huge estate they are alleged to have purchased in Paraguay.

Massuh, the government can NEVER take Beethoven away from us! 

If we had the guts of our Grandfathers, there would be no need for JTF.  In our Grandfather's day, men were Men and women were Ladies.  Now, men are boys and Women wear pants.

Its all over, all over.  What a legacy, what a legacy.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2008, 12:50:22 PM »
Well, I heard that Tillman was indeed killed by friendly fire.  It is still a tragedy, and he is still a hero in my opinion.  I would hope that it wasn't intentional and this is just another conspiracy theory, as even I am not this cynical yet.

Offline Еврей

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2008, 04:35:11 PM »
Unfortunately, Pat Tillman looked up to Noam Chomsky, and was going to have a meeting with him when he got back from the front lines.
Noam Chomsky is one of my least favorite human beings of all time. 

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20051024/zirin

~Daniel Pearl

~Moshe Dayan

~Benjamin Netanyahu

ביחד נשרוד, לחוד ניפול
~Subliminal