Author Topic: Creationism and Evolution  (Read 6156 times)

Rothschild

Creationism and Evolution
« on: December 27, 2006, 02:51:05 PM »
     I believe that there is overwhelming evidence to show that evolution is a fact.  The Genesis account is a mistranslation.  It should read, "In a beginning."  The "in the beginning" is actually a mistake. 

Rothschild

Re: Creationism and Evolution
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 03:57:49 PM »
     To believe that God went zap and created Adam out of the dust of the ground is a ridiculous notion.  Evolution is an established fact.  I recommend that you read Darwin's ON THE ORIGIN OF SPECIES.  As you know, Charles Darwin's only academic degree was in theology.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 04:12:03 PM »
Re:  "...As you know, Charles Darwin's only academic degree was in theology..."

Yes, and as YOU know, Louis Pasteur's only degree was in veterinary medicine.

This proves that Pasterization of milk is absurd, doesn't it?

Rothschild

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 04:23:12 PM »
Your syllogism makes no sense.

Look the word up.

Here is an example of a syllogism that I taught in Philosophy.

All trees have roots.
An Oak is a tree.
Therefore all oaks have roots.

Rothschild

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 04:32:54 PM »
 Louis Pasteur studied chemistry and physics.  You don't know the facts.

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 04:55:53 PM »
     I believe that there is overwhelming evidence to show that evolution is a fact.  The Genesis account is a mistranslation.  It should read, "In a beginning."  The "in the beginning" is actually a mistake. 

Your language is not Hebrew but English, and concepts are different in different languages.  Until you learn real Hebrew, go back to the Council on Foreign Relations.

B'reisheet, "In the begining" is the correct translation because it is the closest way to translate the concept "B'reisheet" and not because it is a literal translation.

You claim that there is overwelming evidence supporting evolution but decline to post a single piece of evidence to prove your point.  HaRav Meir Kahane zecher Tzaddik Livraha once said "Arrogance and ignorance are the poisons of the liberal mind".

You are arrogant to post something and treat it as fact without backing it up, and ignorant of the Hebrew language.

You are poisoned.

Rothschild

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 05:25:41 PM »
 Why are people so angry with Kwanza? It should be celebrated by everyone, so we can all live together as one.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 05:29:49 PM »
Why are people so angry with Kwanza? It should be celebrated by everyone, so we can all live together as one.
You can't be serious!!
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Rothschild

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 05:30:52 PM »
We evolved from polka dot air bubbles in the sea or an ammonia soup.  There is so much evidence.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 05:34:51 PM »
We evolved from polka dot air bubbles in the sea or an ammonia soup.  There is so much evidence.
Do me a favor, stop posting if you are going to act like this....  it is embarrassing
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline Jizzepie

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2006, 05:40:01 PM »
Most of the "evidence" for evolution can easily be interpreted in nondarwinian ways. At school we are shown homology as evidence for evolution but there's no way of knowing whether similar structures in animals is evidence for common descent rather than evidence for a common creator.

Rothschild

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 05:41:23 PM »

Your language is not Hebrew but English, and concepts are different in different languages.  Until you learn real Hebrew, go back to the Council on Foreign Relations.

B'reisheet, "In the begining" is the correct translation because it is the closest way to translate the concept "B'reisheet" and not because it is a literal translation.

You claim that there is overwelming evidence supporting evolution but decline to post a single piece of evidence to prove your point.  HaRav Meir Kahane zecher Tzaddik Livraha once said "Arrogance and ignorance are the poisons of the liberal mind".

You are arrogant to post something and treat it as fact without backing it up, and ignorant of the Hebrew language.

You are poisoned.
I am fluent in Hebrew and 4 other languages.

Rothschild

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2006, 06:25:31 PM »
    Don't be so serious.  You know hebrew don't you?

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2006, 08:56:03 PM »
Re:  "...It should be celebrated by everyone, so we can all live together as one..."

Great Idea!

Let me know "when we can all pay my rent and bills together as one"; then I'll join the club.

But first, "we all" must have a place in which to live, right?

After all, there are so many homeless & poor.

That's where MY PLAN comes in:

Under MY PLAN, each human being on the planet, by UN Mandate, will receive a place in which to live.

I've done all the math, so in THE PLAN FOR 21st CENTURY LIVING, a "residence" and "place of dwelling" is defined UNDER INTERNATIONAL LAW as a 5' x 3' bamboo cage.

Of course, there are other plans for "sub-humans".

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2006, 10:27:39 PM »
     To believe that G-d went zap and created Adam out of the dust of the ground is a ridiculous notion.  Evolution is an established fact.  I recommend that you read Darwin's ON THE ORIGIN OF SPECIES.  As you know, Charles Darwin's only academic degree was in theology.

Did Charlie make a monkey out of you?  Do you think you should be living in a zoo?  Evolution really stinks there are too many missing links!

Who established evolution as a fact?  Godless communists and atheists.

Why don't we see evolution happen today?  If it had happened in the past it could happen today also. 

"Behind every design there is a designer"
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.